Good and Bad Pride Review

2xsin12mths

I'm going to make this fairly quick since I can not begin to compete with the 2 Pride reviewers that have been on here lately! Just got off the ship this morning and will give you a quick good and bad review:

Good......Alchemy Bar.....$20.00 xtra fee for steakhouse meals in the MDR...ease of getting around the ship.....Alchemy Bar.......décor of ship.....hand wash stations with real running water and soap......awesome staff.......did I mention Alchemy Bar (wow)!

Bad.....Check in at Port of Baltimore was a little hectic

It took me awhile to come up with a "bad" and that's all I got!!

On the way down to GT we were told a tropical depression was in the Bahamas. Captain went 80 miles out of the way and Tuesday was dreary weather. Wednesday morning woke up in GT and it was beautiful.....Thursday in Half Moon was beyond beautiful! Friday in Freeport went to Paradise Cove(I know a few blah comments on here about Paradise Cove but we had a great time and I recommend). Our driver on the way to Paradise said Thursday they had heavy rain but Hurricane Ana is on the way up the coast. Saturday was alittle cloudy and then around 6:30 in the eve it started raining. Not a big deal. I was very impressed how the captain went around the storm.

When my DH and I were getting off the ship (btw from the time we docked till we were off was 20 minutes.....self assist) we heard a lady loudly complain that she did not what was worse on this cruise....the people smoking or the smell coming out of the funnel. We just laughed and realized probably nothing would have made that lady happy. We had an AWESOME time and an AWESOME cruise and I would turn around and do it again tomorrow!

Just a few notes: We did not travel with kids so I know nothing about any of those programs. It did look like the Dr Suess activities went over well. We did not go to any shows as I heard the main show band and thought they were very so so. We went to over 18 comedy show and that was very funny. We went to the piano bar one evening and he was on a break so we did not wait. The movies on the big screen had a pretty good turn out. They were a mix of comedy and drama. We enjoyed brunch in the MDR on sea days. Better food than the buffet but even that wasn't "bad" food. I did drink the coffee this cruise and did not buy the "special" coffee at the coffee bar. So I must be getting used to it!

Anyone going on the Pride....ENJOY....you will love her:)

We were on the same cruise. LOVED the Pride. Our only complaint (besides having to leave this morning) was the usual MDR time. We only went to dinner once because we cruise have fun and relax, not spend 2 hours sitting in the dining room eating average food. We had FTTF, so didn't experience issues at the Port. This was the first cruise in our last 5 or so that we actually enjoyed the shows. All 4 comedians were funny, we went to both the Family Friendly and Adult shows. Everyone on staff was AWESOME. The Captain did a great job avoiding weather issues, especially Ana. We're hoping the passenger evacuated yesterday is ok. :( We're ready to book our next cruise on the Pride...confirming dates now!

thanks for your review. The Pride is a great ship, isnt she. The crew is awesome too. We got off her as you got on her. We are on her again at the end of October. Cant wait!!!!

I'm leaving Sunday on the Pride, and I am so excited to it's finally here. There have been so many good/great reviews on this ship, I know I'm going to have a fantastic vacation. Really happy to know the comedians are good, I've promised my BF we'd go to as many as we can.

We were on the same cruise. LOVED the Pride. Our only complaint (besides having to leave this morning) was the usual MDR time. We only went to dinner once because we cruise have fun and relax, not spend 2 hours sitting in the dining room eating average food. We had FTTF, so didn't experience issues at the Port. This was the first cruise in our last 5 or so that we actually enjoyed the shows. All 4 comedians were funny, we went to both the Family Friendly and Adult shows. Everyone on staff was AWESOME. The Captain did a great job avoiding weather issues, especially Ana. We're hoping the passenger evacuated yesterday is ok. :( We're ready to book our next cruise on the Pride...confirming dates now!

We were on the same sailing last week. Opt for Your Time Dining on your next cruise, we were in and out in about 45-60 minutes each day. The worse wait was usually around 7pm and never more than 5 minutes. They gave us a pager and by the time we sat in the bar area, the pager was going off. We even requested the same servers every meal.

Edited by MagicMike

I love the Pride! Awesome crew, fantastic shows and good dining room food and close to home. We had the 6:00 pm seating and was always finished by 7:15. I just wish they had a different itinerary, so tired of Nassau and Freeport.

We loved the Pride and had an awesome time. It sounds like you did too and how wonderful of the Captain rerouting you and getting awesome weather after all. I love reading others thoughts about the ships I have been on. :)

We were on the same sailing and had a great time. We had YTD and always like to have a table for two. We wanted a table near the rail, so we went to the Maître 'd after we boarded to ask what the best time would be to come to the dining room. He said right when they open at 5:30 or anytime after 7:30. He was spot on. We went at 7:30 and never had to wait; it was perfect.

We were also impressed with the captain and how he skirted around the storm.

All in all, an excellent cruise.

We were on the same sailing last week. Opt for Your Time Dining on your next cruise, we were in and out in about 45-60 minutes each day. The worse wait was usually around 7pm and never more than 5 minutes. They gave us a pager and by the time we sat in the bar area, the pager was going off. We even requested the same servers every meal.

We always get Your Time. Never had to wait for a table, just the food.

• 2 weeks later...

We got on as you got off. We did a 5/10 and 5/17 B2B cruise. Only a FEW complaints: public areas were FREEZING. Even wearing long sleeve outfits I was cold all the time. Elevator doors are very impatient and close very quickly so I learned to go into the elevator with my arm out so the doors wouldn't close on me! :eek: The clean up crew at the Lido buffets were SO GOOD that a bunch of times I would put my plate on a table, leave to get a drink and come back to an empty table! :eek::rolleyes: One day at lunch it happened TWICE! :( Kind of wish they would put a BRB sign on the table you can use!!! But THAT is how great they were and how fast they cleaned up lol. Crew was wonderful, ship is great and I would/will sail her again in a heartbeat! :)

Any comments on the adult pool or spa? Was it easy to get shaded loungers at the adult pool?

No problem on our cruise getting loungers at Serenity, but they were all in the sun as were the hammocks. There are I think 6 clam shells and 2 hammocks which are also in the sun and it was always VERY HOT back there. We sat in a clam shell for a few hours one day and finally left because there was no air coming in. There are some really comfy couches in the shade back by the bar. Only went thru the spa for a look/see.