Changing an onboard booking

metter

Linda - That's horrible! We have at least one onboard booking that we were planning on transferring to another date and cruise. As you said, we have been able to do so in the past. Perhaps the only way it is aloud (and you are able to keep your perks) is if the perks are still available for the particular sailing you want to change to.

I've always been able to transfer my onboard bookings and keep the bennies attached. Recently I tried to transfer a Canada/New England booking to a different sail date and Celebrity refused to transfer my onboard booking benefits. My travel agent talked to 3 different people at Celebrity and they all said no. I sent them my paperwork from booking on board which said that the booking was transferable and they still said no.

So do not assume that you can do this even if you have been able to do so in the past. Needless to say, this has left a very bad taste in my mouth after all my Celebrity cruises and I will be cancelling this particular cruise. Way to go, Celebrity! NOT!

Oh no....I see you on these Celebrity boards a LOT!!

I got mine all worked out through my TA because I was told exactly the same thing. My TA (didn't know they did this) records all calls with both the customer and the cruiseline agent....glad they did as everything worked out.

It is frustrating though, how half of those down at Celebrity are really great and the other half remind me of a couple of my coworkers.

It really depends on who you get....just amazes me. If I recognize the voice or name of one that is never helpful, I hang up and try again. This time I went through a TA and they fought for me ... just took quite a bit of time but all is well that ends well.

I book and recommend a lot of cruises and only ask for what I am promised ...nothing more and nothing less.

My understanding is that the "On Board Booking ' credit is transferable to another cruise but if the original booked cruise also had a 123 package in it, that package may not be transferable.

So if a written agreement to transfer is not honored, then I will not be booking onboard. I have only done it once and could have gotten the same benefits by waiting for the "specials". I don't have to have a particular cabin or date, so not allowing transfers just blew any reason for early or onboard booking away. I will go back to booking with specials like the last minute deals.

Oh no....I see you on these Celebrity boards a LOT!!

I got mine all worked out through my TA because I was told exactly the same thing. My TA (didn't know they did this) records all calls with both the customer and the cruiseline agent....glad they did as everything worked out.

It is frustrating though, how half of those down at Celebrity are really great and the other half remind me of a couple of my coworkers.

It really depends on who you get....just amazes me. If I recognize the voice or name of one that is never helpful, I hang up and try again. This time I went through a TA and they fought for me ... just took quite a bit of time but all is well that ends well.

I book and recommend a lot of cruises and only ask for what I am promised ...nothing more and nothing less.

My TA went to bat for me as well, but she hit the wall with Celebrity. She talked to three different reps. She escalated the issue. No resolution.

I have booked a lot of Celebrity cruises as well. And brought a lot of people with me, as many as 25 others. And recommended to others that they sail with Celebrity. Apparently that means nothing to Celebrity. Well, that's a two-way street. I do have a lot of choices about where to spend my vacation dollars.

Linda

I booked a cruise whilst on-board and was told that if my plans change can phone and change the cruise.

I tried to do this yesterday and was told that I would lose the OBC and Bev pack perk. I could however cancel and book a new cruise and get any current offers.

Is this correct advice? Seems a shame I can't keep my perks.

I have just returned from the eclipse and booked for next sept 16,got the 3 perks and was told that I could change to my ta OR leave it open to change to another ta of my choice BUT that had to happen within 30 days from the date of the onboard booking.Also got a $200 obc for the cruise I was on.The new ta has offered a £100 each reduction.

123 does not apply to transatlantic or trans pacific cruises.

Yes, as I already mentioned a couple to times in this thread, read the post of mine you quoted, pay particular attention to the line where I said;

"unless you are switching to a sailing that it is excluded on."

I have just returned from the eclipse and booked for next sept 16,got the 3 perks and was told that I could change to my ta OR leave it open to change to another ta of my choice BUT that had to happen within 30 days from the date of the onboard booking.
We get 60 days from the date of booking to transfer our bookings to a TA .

Now I am wondering if they have different time limits for people from different countries, or if the agent who said the limit was 30 days just made a mistake.

Yes, as I already mentioned a couple to times in this thread, read the post of mine you quoted, pay particular attention to the line where I said;

"unless you are switching to a sailing that it is excluded on."

I was looking to change one Canada/New England cruise for another one. Same season. Just a few weeks later. Celebrity refused to move the booking and the on-board booking benefits, told my travel agent it would have to be a new booking. Now you and I both know this is totally illogical and not true, but apparently that's the current line they're taking. So I won't be doing that cruise. And if I weren't sailing with friends on my upcoming cruises, they would be going away as well.

Not to steal your discussion but we are about to sail on our first Celebrity cruise.

Can you tell me the rules and perks for an on board booking of a future cruise?

You can get this info at the future cruise office onboard. There are different perks for balcony and below compared with concierge and above. Also some itineraries have additional perks. That said, you can see the rundown for the program here

http://celebrityonboardcruisesales.com/#onboardcruiseprogram look at the bottom of that page where it says Onboard Collateral for links to the promotional fliers.

Note that the flier mentions an OBC to be applied to the current cruise. When you arrange to buy the cruise onboard, the Celebrity agent can let you apply that credit to your future cruise instead.

As far as changing it later, the fliers say it's "Flexible - change your reservation to suit your needs" Maybe you should ask when booking what that means for your perks and your booking.

I was looking to change one Canada/New England cruise for another one. Same season. Just a few weeks later. Celebrity refused to move the booking and the on-board booking benefits, told my travel agent it would have to be a new booking. Now you and I both know this is totally illogical and not true, but apparently that's the current line they're taking. So I won't be doing that cruise. And if I weren't sailing with friends on my upcoming cruises, they would be going away as well.

So sorry to hear this happened to you....it really just doesn't make sense. The customer service is so inconsistent. And...there website is just as bad as everyone mentions on these boards.

I had tried to make my final payment on an upcoming cruise online. I got the reminder along with the costs outlined in my final invoice. I had prepaid (actually prepaid -- not just listed as needing to be prepaid) my gratuities as well as having booked under a special promotion. The invoice listed a specific dollar amount that was due - so made my payment online. At the end of this transaction, the website stated I owed an additional $285...but I just paid it in full!

So, this isn't the bad part yet. I called to get it straightened out and the rep down at Celebrity said I did owe the money and they would cancel my cruise if I didn't pay. I told her that I did pay the entire balance due ...now this is the part that was so irritating: She said that they repriced it and that I owed the additional balance. I asked when did they reprice it and did she understand that you cannot just do that to customers?? Well, she continued not to look into it further and I asked for her e-mail address so I could send her back the final invoice so she could take it to her supervisor. So, by this time, I am getting rather steamed ...and she is getting rather nervous so gave me the wrong e-mail address. Literally, it was her name in the e-mail address and gave it to me wrong. I never raised my voice but told her that I wasn't going to end the phone call until this was resolved. So, I finally got my final invoice sent to her (like they don't have a copy??) and got it solved after many more minutes and a lot of frustration. As much as I love Celebrity and I really do, wow...I have spent way too much time fighting for what is right with their reps over that past few weeks.

I think I said this before, I only want what has been promised to me ... no more, no less. Again, sorry you ended up with less. :(

We booked onboard Century March this year and were told transfer to a TA within 30 days. We can transfer to another cruise BUT if we cancel we lose our deposit--non refundable.

Liz

I am curious if you were given OBC equivalent to the deposit for you to use on the Century when you made your initial booking. If so that would explain why you lost your deposit as you had already spent it.

Most of the time when you book onboard, you receive some sort of discount + extra OBC, which, with most cruise lines, won't change if you change the sailing date. Promotions however don't always stick. When they have to refare it, if that promotion is no longer running (123GO for example), then that doesn't stick. Also, cruise line's usually have a cut off date for how far you can push off the date (if your onboard booking was for December 2015, then they might give you a 1-2 year limit of how far you can push it out in order to retain those perks.) At least that's my experience.