Another cut by royal caribbean ?

Would this be a bad time to bring up the grits they serve on Royal Caribbean? I never know from morning to morning if the Grits will be creamy, al dente or regular. Any grit lovers out there? I offer equal time to opposing viewpoints.

Deep frying gets a bad rap. Sometimes it is the very best way of accomplishing the intention. (And with the amount of fat used in pan frying aboard ship, combined with the large size, and therefore heat retention capacity, of deep fryers, deep frying may not only be the better cookery, it may also be less unhealthy.)

Not to mention that many restaurants deep fry bacon to cook it faster and in larger quantities.

Would this be a bad time to bring up the grits they serve on Royal Caribbean? I never know from morning to morning if the Grits will be creamy, al dente or regular. Any grit lovers out there? I offer equal time to opposing viewpoints.

Their grits were always al dente when I tried it. Like mine smooth, but not mush, and a little bit drier than the sloppy mess they were serving. I like my grits to be slightly dry so that the butter melting returns the liquid to them and the cheese helps thicken them up.

I don't see the exaggeration. It was worded as a question and it would be a cut if it had been elimated.

Maybe not necessarily a cut, but maybe a substitution? I personally think that there is a HUGE difference between the two.

Maybe they just had a bad week but I didn't see any French toasts at the buffet during breakfast.

Independence of the seas

[ATTACH]349172[/ATTACH]

The only place I have seen that style of French Toast has been in the MDR for Breakfast. I have had it on Vision and Radiance in the past.

I love grits! The thicker the better..... If my fork won't stand up on it's own they are probably to thin for my taste. I've never been on ANY cruise ship that served what I consider decent grits sadly.

And then there's the RCCL travesty know as "sausage gravy"....... Don't even try and get me started on that abomination! Lol :eek:

How can it be a cut, if there was actually no French Toast, then the chances are that the person that wanted it would actually eat something else. That something else would also cost money, therefore no cost cutting involved.

So Davy Jones please open your locker and look outside the box :D

I don't see the exaggeration. It was worded as a question and it would be a cut if it had been elimated.

I did see some on Freedom 2 weeks ago. The terrible ;) thing was while they had both sides of the WJ open, they only had bacon at one station! :eek:

Same way on Liberty! You have to play seek to find the food you want. It was only on 1 station and pretty bad! I recommend pancakes a little more. It was the same with breakfast potatoes and there was some with grilled peppers or tater tots, and better then what comes with RS. I just didn't remember this was as hard on Brilliance and Vision. The food was better.

Same way on Liberty! You have to play seek to find the food you want. It was only on 1 station and pretty bad! I recommend pancakes a little more. It was the same with breakfast potatoes and there was some with grilled peppers or tater tots, and better then what comes with RS. I just didn't remember this was as hard on Brilliance and Vision. The food was better.

Well Freedom's pancakes needed a table saw to cut them if they were towards the bottom of the tray. Bacon was nice and crispy, if it was from the bottom of the pan too. Breakfast potatoes with onion and peppers were good. Much better than the tater tot type.

Their grits were always al dente when I tried it. Like mine smooth, but not mush, and a little bit drier than the sloppy mess they were serving. I like my grits to be slightly dry so that the butter melting returns the liquid to them and the cheese helps thicken them up.

Joe P. wants to know, how long do you cook your grits--are they instant or magic grits. LOL

Joe P. wants to know, how long do you cook your grits--are they instant or magic grits. LOL

Depends if they're microwaved or stove cooked. Microwave about 4 minutes - stovetop about 10. Of course if you live at sea level, "cooking times may vary" [emoji3]

The grits on Royal were more like grit soup. They should give you a coffee filter to strain out the excess water

Edited by A2Mich

depends if they're microwaved or stove cooked. Microwave about 4 minutes - stovetop about 10. Of course if you live at sea level, "cooking times may vary" [emoji3]

the grits on royal were more like grit soup. They should give you a coffee filter to strain out the excess water

like.

How can it be a cut, if there was actually no French Toast, then the chances are that the person that wanted it would actually eat something else. That something else would also cost money, therefore no cost cutting involved.

So Davy Jones please open your locker and look outside the box :D

Personally, I would not miss it. I would eat something else anyway. Buffet French Toast is not very good. It becomes unappealing to me on the steam tables.

Any corn beef hash fans? I am, and I always enjoy a bit with my eggs, but on our last Grandeur cruise....no corn beef hash, none the entire cruise :(

And when I couldn't find any chips to go with the spinach dip (the label at the spinach dip read: Spinach dip and chips), I asked the officer in charge in the Windjammer, and I swear he didn't speak enough English to even know what chips meant :( All I could get out of my mouth was, "Do you have any" before his answer was, 'No, ma'dam', so I asked again, insisting he listen to my entire question, and again it was, 'No ma'dam'. The answer was the same for all my questions....he didn't have a clue! So, just spinach dip....blahh!!

Any corn beef hash fans? I am, and I always enjoy a bit with my eggs, but on our last Grandeur cruise....no corn beef hash, none the entire cruise :(

And when I couldn't find any chips to go with the spinach dip (the label at the spinach dip read: Spinach dip and chips), I asked the officer in charge in the Windjammer, and I swear he didn't speak enough English to even know what chips meant :( All I could get out of my mouth was, "Do you have any" before his answer was, 'No, ma'dam', so I asked again, insisting he listen to my entire question, and again it was, 'No ma'dam'. The answer was the same for all my questions....he didn't have a clue! So, just spinach dip....blahh!!

Freedom had excellent corned beef hash a few weeks ago. Corned beef, potatoes, onions, and I believe some bell peppers. Was really good. Some of the items on the buffet should not have been there at all as they don't hold well--for instance the mushroom quiche.