Any basic cocktails included in classic package?

tartana

• 3 months later...
Thanks; I didn't know it was called that:o

Someone asked above if Cosmo's were covered. DW drank some and they were covered, just not at the Martini Bar.

I had a cosmo or two almost every evening on Eclipse. I also requested mine made the way I like them with Absolut Citron vodka and Cointreau instead of Triple sec. My friend just simply ordered a cosmo with no specifics and hers was pretty dreadful IMO. Others in our party compared the two and agreed that mine was much better. Just a heads up if you want it!!!:)

Yes BBCs are made in the blender.

The Caesar sounds just like a bloody mary but the idea of drinking clam broth makes me heave.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have obviously never had a big bowl of steamer clams with melted butter and clam broth! YUM! LOL!:D

PS...the steamers would probably go really well with a Bloody Caesar. :D

It seems that many of these Classic drink package threads are provoked by what's on the Celebrity menu. Any Classic drink such as Daiquiri's, Colada's, Martini's and Highballs can all be made with the classic package. Most of the tropical and frozen drinks are mostly mixer and are available with the classic package. The only difference is the brand of Rum, Tequila, Vodka or Whiskey they use. Most of the stuff on the Celebrity menu are specialty drinks that the average person would not know to order unless they were on the menu. The best thing to do is down load an app like Mixology. This will tell you how the drink is made and you can order accordingly. On another thread someone asked if a Black Russian can be made. They stated that it was made with Tia Maria and Vodka. Basically a Black Russian is Vodka and a Coffee Liqueur. I don't know if Tia Maria falls under the classic package but if you order a Black Russian you will get well brand Vodka (unless you ask for Smirnoff or Absolute) and a coffee Liqueur possibly Kahlúa if it is still included in the classic package if not I'm sure they have a substitute for that as well. If you ask for Amaretto and orange juice You will just get a well brand Almond liqueur or as I call it Ama Ghetto and not Di Saronno, if Di Saronno is not included in the classic package.

It seems that many of these Classic drink package threads are provoked by what's on the Celebrity menu. Any Classic drink such as Daiquiri's, Colada's, Martini's and Highballs can all be made with the classic package. Most of the tropical and frozen drinks are mostly mixer and are available with the classic package. The only difference is the brand of Rum, Tequila, Vodka or Whiskey they use. Most of the stuff on the Celebrity menu are specialty drinks that the average person would not know to order unless they were on the menu. The best thing to do is down load an app like Mixology. This will tell you how the drink is made and you can order accordingly. On another thread someone asked if a Black Russian can be made. They stated that it was made with Tia Maria and Vodka. Basically a Black Russian is Vodka and a Coffee Liqueur. I don't know if Tia Maria falls under the classic package but if you order a Black Russian you will get well brand Vodka (unless you ask for Smirnoff or Absolute) and a coffee Liqueur possibly Kahlúa if it is still included in the classic package if not I'm sure they have a substitute for that as well. If you ask for Amaretto and orange juice You will just get a well brand Almond liqueur or as I call it Ama Ghetto and not Di Saronno, if Di Saronno is not included in the classic package.

You're right. I was confused/not confused by what I read until someone (YOU:D) clarified it. Thank you.:)

We are going on two Celebrity cruises next year. We have the classic beverage pkg included on both. Just a quick question. I see the above list of specific drinks and celebrity has their official list but I do not see any whiskey included in the list. I'm a whiskey sweet kinda guy. I see no Crown, CC, Seagrams 7 on celebrity's list. Do you just ask for a rail whiskey sweet?

So how do you order so that you get a drink that's on the classic pkg and not on the premium. I can see confusion maybe just confusion by me.

May be worth the extra $10 a day for no confusion. My wife was going to get the premium pkg because she is a martini drinker or a mini martini drinker. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

We are going on two Celebrity cruises next year. We have the classic beverage pkg included on both. Just a quick question. I see the above list of specific drinks and celebrity has their official list but I do not see any whiskey included in the list. I'm a whiskey sweet kinda guy. I see no Crown, CC, Seagrams 7 on celebrity's list. Do you just ask for a rail whiskey sweet?

So how do you order so that you get a drink that's on the classic pkg and not on the premium. I can see confusion maybe just confusion by me.

May be worth the extra $10 a day for no confusion. My wife was going to get the premium pkg because she is a martini drinker or a mini martini drinker. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

If you ask for a Vodka or Gin Martini you will get the well brand Vodka or Gin even if you have the premium package. The trick is to know which brand is covered under the classic package and which is premium. I prefer a Grey Goose martini and I would order that by calling out the brand. Grey Goose is a premium Vodka. With that said I am also fine with Ketel One or Three Olives Vodka which I believe is still covered under the classic package. If all I can get is Smirnoff or Absolute then I would upgrade or just drink the Smirnoff or Absolute with a mixer of juice or soda. So first you need to find out if your brand of choice is available under the classic and work from there. Remember when you order to call the brand such as Captain Morgan and Coke, Absolute and orange juice, Grey Goose Martini.

We have been debating on whether or not to upgrade from Classic to Premium beverage package...and finally decided to try day 1 with just the Classic and see how it goes...if we find it unsatisfactory, then we will use the OBC to upgrade to Premium on day 2. :-) The best "tip" for getting the alcohol you WANT is to be very specific when asking for a drink. If you don't ask for a specific type of alcohol, you will automatically be given the "well" version. I learned that the hard way...there really is no good well equivalent for Di Saronno! LOL...LOVE the "ama-ghetto"! I'm using that term from now on to describe all non-Di Saronno brands! :-)

We have been debating on whether or not to upgrade from Classic to Premium beverage package...and finally decided to try day 1 with just the Classic and see how it goes...if we find it unsatisfactory, then we will use the OBC to upgrade to Premium on day 2. :-) The best "tip" for getting the alcohol you WANT is to be very specific when asking for a drink. If you don't ask for a specific type of alcohol, you will automatically be given the "well" version. I learned that the hard way...there really is no good well equivalent for Di Saronno! LOL...LOVE the "ama-ghetto"! I'm using that term from now on to describe all non-Di Saronno brands! :-)

I think that's my plan too--

If you ask for a Vodka or Gin Martini you will get the well brand Vodka or Gin even if you have the premium package. The trick is to know which brand is covered under the classic package and which is premium. I prefer a Grey Goose martini and I would order that by calling out the brand. Grey Goose is a premium Vodka. With that said I am also fine with Ketel One or Three Olives Vodka which I believe is still covered under the classic package. If all I can get is Smirnoff or Absolute then I would upgrade or just drink the Smirnoff or Absolute with a mixer of juice or soda. So first you need to find out if your brand of choice is available under the classic and work from there. Remember when you order to call the brand such as Captain Morgan and Coke, Absolute and orange juice, Grey Goose Martini.

Just took a quick peek at Celebrity's website and Ketel One is no longer included in the classic package. :( :eek: Was looking forward to some decent martinis on our upcoming Reflection cruise, but I guess not. The only options now are Absolut, Stoli or Smirnoff.

Just took a quick peek at Celebrity's website and Ketel One is no longer included in the classic package. :( :eek: Was looking forward to some decent martinis on our upcoming Reflection cruise, but I guess not. The only options now are Absolut, Stoli or Smirnoff.

Yuck! I wouldn't hold what the website says as the bible. They don't seem to update it or list all of the offerings. Here is a link to another thread from someone who reported their experience with the classic package. Ketel One is on the list. Whether it will continue to be on the list remains to be seen.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2257291

If the bartenders run out of a particular liquor they simply use another. If you want drinks with the package two simple rules. #1 Be nice to the bartenders and return to the same bar. A tip or two will get you anything. Or maybe almost anything.

Onboard Eclipse now and Ketel One is on the list of drinks included on the classic package. Any other questions and I'll try to answer but wifi is a bit patchy

Onboard Eclipse now and Ketel One is on the list of drinks included on the classic package. Any other questions and I'll try to answer but wifi is a bit patchy

Not for long--just got email from Celebrity on drink packages and Ketel One is now on the Premium list.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Not for long--just got email from Celebrity on drink packages and Ketel One is now on the Premium list.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

That's the same ambiguous list that has Smirnoff and Absolute on both the Classic and Premium package. It's been floating around on the Celebrity site and this board for at least two years. I would wait to see what's actually available once on board before I decided to upgrade or not. If they had any sense they would just list the premium brands without adding the classic brands to the list. It's common knowledge that you can also choose the classic brands if you have the premium package.