Would someone who has actually done RS recently clarify?

cacj

Can you please tell us is it coffee and danish only or does it include cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. Thanks

In another thread someone said the free continental breakfast has no fruit, no yogurt, no toast. Just coffee and danish only. I am not sure if danish includes croissants. I also do not know if juice is included. The other person didn't say.

I'd be interested to know exactly what is on the complimentary breakfast card.

Edited by NMLady

In another thread someone said the free continental breakfast has no fruit, no yogurt, no toast. Just coffee and danish only. I am not sure if danish includes croissants. I also do not know if juice is included. The other person didn't say.

I'd be interested to know exactly what is on the complimentary breakfast card.

Here is a screen print of the breakfast stateroom menu card posted by Seadog67 in excellent live report from the Gem week of May 23rd.

9b1d4225-041c-4da0-a548-74be7e0b2c65_zpsrwneb0mn.jpg

Here is link to the above mentioned live report from the Gem - very enjoyable. See post 481 on page 25 where above menu was posted.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2212638

Had my meeting today with the HD who happen to invite two higher ups from Miami corporate who happened to be on the ship. They are aware of how the fine print is being misinterpreted and are in the process of rewording the small print. Here are the actual rules which will be better understood once they revise the small print: Anything that has a fee will not incur the $7.95 room service fee as instead one will be charged the fee for that item plus an 18% gratuity fee. Anything that does not have a fee associated with it will incur the $7.95 room service fee. If you order BLT and a beer you will get two slips to sign. One for the $7.95 room service fee for the BLT and another for the cost of the beer plus 18% gratuity on that beer. If you have the soda pkg. or the UBP you still have to pay as they do not include room service to your cabin. Once the new menu comes out the wording will be clear for everyone. I also asked the HD about where to leave the dirty dishes and he said in your cabin and you can call room service to come and get them if you want. He said he needs to talk to room service as well as the head of housekeeping because they are saying in the hallway or in your cabin. He said in the future there may be a card delivered with room service saying to leave dirty dishes in cabin for pickup.

Harriet

Thanks, Harriet. Great luck that two Miami Corporate "higher ups" were on the ship as well. Hopefully the correction will come soon.

And, maybe you have helped to bring the RS tray pick up questions to their attention as well. From the response you got from the HD, it appears that there may be some communication issue or misunderstanding between the room service and housekeeping departments as to the handling. "He said he needs to talk to room service as well as the head of housekeeping because they are saying in the hallway or in your cabin". (But, one wonders why, if this was such a high profile issue in the mind of the head of NCL, that the HDs were not weeks ago instructed to look into this:rolleyes:). Of course this HD is in charge of only his ship, and this has to happen on all ships, but maybe the fact that two Miami execs were involved will help.

Hope you still had time to enjoy your cruise:).

Here is a screen print of the breakfast stateroom menu card posted by Seadog67 in excellent live report from the Gem week of May 23rd.

Here is link to the above mentioned live report from the Gem - very enjoyable. See post 481 on page 25 where above menu was posted.

Given that fact that I am gluten intolerant, that means for my complimentary RS breakfast I can have ....coffee and juice.

Woohoo, thanks NCL.:rolleyes:

Given that fact that I am gluten intolerant, that means for my complimentary RS breakfast I can have ....coffee and juice.

Maybe you could get some fruit the day before at the buffet and put it in the fridge and then you can order your coffee and juice and you will already have your fruit.

Under "Freshly Baked Bread" there is a note in parentheses that says "2 pieces per person".

So does that mean if I put write in qty of 1 on the line next to Cinnamon Rolls and qty of 1 on the line next to Croissant they will bring 2 of each? Or does it mean if I want two of each I should put a 2 on each of those lines - and that is all I am permitted to order if there are 2 people in the cabin?

Edited by old sole

I bet they would deliver gf muffins. We had no problem getting gluten free pizza from room service.

I thought NCL was the only one who charged for room service. While having a facial today the esthetician told me that she was just on a Carnival cruise and they were charged $4.00 for their breakfast room service order that consisted of coffee, hot chocolate, a croissant and a banana.

I thought NCL was the only one who charged for room service. While having a facial today the esthetician told me that she was just on a Carnival cruise and they were charged $4.00 for their breakfast room service order that consisted of coffee, hot chocolate, a croissant and a banana.

There has been a misunderstanding somewhere along the way. Carnival did introduce an expanded room service menu in early May on three ships that did add some for-fee items such as chicken wings, fried shrimp, sushi, and french fries, but items that were previously available free are still free 24/7. There is no delivery charge. There was no change to the breakfast room service menu hang tag and all of the items you listed are available and still free even on the three test ships. I have no idea what the $4 could have been, but it wasn't for a room service order for those items. Could someone have written in a $4.00 tip? That would have shown up on the folio as a charge and possibly been labeled room service. That's my only guess.

There has been a misunderstanding somewhere along the way. Carnival did introduce an expanded room service menu in early May on three ships that did add some for-fee items such as chicken wings, fried shrimp, sushi, and french fries, but items that were previously available free are still free 24/7. There is no delivery charge. There was no change to the breakfast room service menu hang tag and all of the items you listed are available and still free even on the three test ships. I have no idea what the $4 could have been, but it wasn't for a room service order for those items. Could someone have written in a $4.00 tip? That would have shown up on the folio as a charge and possibly been labeled room service. That's my only guess.
I asked if it was a tip and she said no, they tipped the Room Steward in cash. They were charged $4.00 for something to do with their room service breakfast.

I asked if it was a tip and she said no, they tipped the Room Steward in cash. They were charged $4.00 for something to do with their room service breakfast.

The following is on the Carnival room service menu, the selections in bold have cost, there is only one item costing $4 and that is the cobb Salad

Bfast has no charges. No delivery fee.

Attached is the actual menu in pdf form.

Please Call Room Service at 8000

B R E A K FA S T

Continental Breakfast available upon request. Simply

complete the door hanger menu and hang it outside your

stateroom by 5 AM the evening prior or call anytime.

S A N D W I C H E S

Served with Potato Salad, Coleslaw, Potato Chips or

Pretzels. Choose White, Whole Wheat or Rye Bread.

C O L D S A N D W I C H E S

Tuna Salad

Roast Turkey

Ham and Cheese

Peanut Butter and Jelly

Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato

H O T S A N D W I C H E S

Grilled American Cheese

Grilled Reuben

with Corned Beef and Swiss Cheese

S A L A D S

Garden Salad

Choice of Ranch, 1,000 Island, Balsamic Vinaigrette,

Blue Cheese or Fat Free Honey Mustard Dressing

Caeser Salad

House Made Dressing, Shaved Parmesan Cheese

Market Vegetable Platter

Assorted Garden Vegetables with Dips

AVA I L A B L E AT A N

A D D I T I O N A L C H A R G E

Totally Awesome Wings $ 5.00

Tossed in Your Choice of Honey BBQ or Buffalo Sauce

Spicy Fried $ 6.00

Firecracker Shrimp

Spiced Shrimp, Panko Coated and Fried

with Chili Ginger Dip, Served with French Fries

Cobb Salad $ 4.00

Chicken, Eggs, Bacon, Lettuce, Romaine, Tomato,

Olives, Blue Cheese, Original Cobb Dressing

Killer Chicken Quesadilla $ 5.00

Grilled Chipotle Seasoned Chicken, Onions,

Peppers and Grated Monterey Jack Cheese.

Fresh Pico de Gallo, Guacamole

Authentic Philly Cheesesteak $ 5.00

Frizzled Steak, Melted Cheese and Grilled Onions

on a Hoagie Roll, Served with French Fries

Pan Pizza $ 5.00

Hand-Stretched Dough, Topped with Fresh

Ingredients and Baked to Order. Cheese or Pepperoni

Side of Fries $ 1.50

Just Right for You…Tell the Others to Order Their Own

Cheese and Crackers $ 6.00

A Selection of Cheeses Garnished with Fresh Grapes,

Assortment of Crackers, Bread and Lavosh

Mediterranean Mezzes $ 6.00

Hummus and Tzatziki Served with Grilled

Pita Bread, Olives, Lavosh and Feta Cheese

Ask about our wines by the bottle

D E S S E R T S

New York Cheesecake

Assorted Cookies

Chocolate Cake

B E V E R A G E S

Bottled Spring Water is Available in your

Stateroom for a Nominal Fee

JUICES

Orange, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit

Regular or Decaffeinated Coffee

Hot Tea - Iced Tea

Hot Chocolate - Milk

Skim Milk - Chocolate Milk

B E V E R A G E M E N U

At Regular ar prices

Coke — Diet Coke — Sprite

Diet Sprite — Club Soda

Ginger Ale — Tonic Water

D O M E S T I C B E E R

Budweiser — Bud Light

Miller Lite — Coors Light

Michelob Ultra

I M P O RT E D B E E R

Heineken — Corona — Beck’s

Must be 21 or older to order alcoholic beverages

*Public Health Advisory: consuming raw or undercooked

meats, poutry, seafood, shellfish or eggs may

increase your risk for foodborne illness, especially if

you have certian medical conditions.

Food & Beverage Service

is Available 24-Hours

Daily by Dialing 8000

R O O M S E R V I C E M E N U

RSM-0115

room-service-nosushi-menu-pdf.pdf

Under "Freshly Baked Bread" there is a note in parentheses that says "2 pieces per person".

So does that mean if I put write in qty of 1 on the line next to Cinnamon Rolls and qty of 1 on the line next to Croissant they will bring 2 of each? Or does it mean if I want two of each I should put a 2 on each of those lines - and that is all I am permitted to order if there are 2 people in the cabin?

That is good question regarding that fine print - either way, NCL pretty much limited how much those who wanted free continental room service by amount AND type of food. Its to the point that it feel like a backhand slap for even protesting the fee in the 1st place..... :cool:

They are either mistaken and/or ordered something more than these items.

All of these items are free on the continental Bfast on CCL.

Unfortunately you could not get the banana free on the continental Bfast on NCL. :confused: Which seems silly.

No. If you want two croissants you must put "2" in that selection.

Harriet

Thanks Harriet. That helps me with one part of my question. I wondered if they might just expect a check mark and then would bring 2 of that item. What you say makes perfect sense - but then makes the other part of my question relevant:

Is there really a limit of 2 items per person? For example, with two people in the cabin is an order for 3 Cinnamon Rolls and 3 Croissants not permitted? Or an order for 2 of each of those and also 2 Fruit Danish?

Thanks for taking time out of your vacation for getting the wording at the bottom of the new menu clarified. Much appreciated.

Edited by old sole

NCL continues to astound in the ineptitude of their communications.

The line: "A one-time $7.95 convenience charge will be applied to your check, for the following items" is ambiguous and confusing. It makes it sound like you get charged $7.95 ONCE, no matter how many times you order RS. "One-time" is problematic in this context.

We all know what NCL is TRYING to say, but why are they SO INCREDIBLY AWFUL at stringing words together to actually mean what they apparently wish to mean? :eek:

NCL continues to astound in the ineptitude of their communications.

The line: "A one-time $7.95 convenience charge will be applied to your check, for the following items" is ambiguous and confusing. It makes it sound like you get charged $7.95 ONCE, no matter how many times you order RS. "One-time" is problematic in this context.

We all know what NCL is TRYING to say, but why are they SO INCREDIBLY AWFUL at stringing words together to actually mean what they apparently wish to mean? :eek:

While not supporting NCL the wording seems pretty clear cut to me.

If you check one or all of the items in the eggs, sides, breakfast meats and favorites you get a $7.95 charge.

So if I order Bacon and eggs and oatmeal for 4 people I pay $7.95

If I order just oatmeal for myself, I pay $7.95

If you are going to do this might as well load up.

Oh I see what you are saying, a one-time fee, the first time you order, for the whole cruise?

No, its per order. You would put out a new breakfast flyer each morning, there would be no carryover.

Oh I see what you are saying, a one-time fee, the first time you order, for the whole cruise?

No, its per order. You would put out a new breakfast flyer each morning, there would be no carryover.

Instead of the text they have ("A one-time $7.95 convenience charge will be applied to your check, for the following items"), I'd say something like: "A single $7.95 convenience charge will be added to your check if your order includes any of the following items."

I'm really baffled by NCL's inability to write even half-way competently. Are there really no unemployed English majors out there?!

I'm really baffled by NCL's inability to write even half-way competently. Are there really no unemployed English majors out there?!

I totally agree. And they seem to make this mistake over and over and over again.

They need to hire "focus groups" to review and comment on their proposed policy statements, and they need to do this long before they ever make the statements public.

Complemantary room service I ordered for this morning was coffee, two OJ's' 2 cinnamon buns, on croissant and 4 chocalote croissants. Where it asked I said 2 people. I received everything I ordered.

Harriet