S Class. Prefer bed by balcony or bath & WHY

For those who have sailed S class ....which do you prefer and WHY? Based on the s class matrix it also seems like same # cabin on Eclipse has opposite layout on Equinox...anyone know for sure???

They have the same layout on both ships.

I prefer it by the balcony, so that you can open the curtains at night and fall asleep with a view of the stars. The downside of that is that the morning comes awful early, so it's not great for sleeping in :D

I'm just happy to be on the ship. We've had both and honestly, I really don't see the difference. (The "looking at the stars" idea is nice, though).

Edited by Winnigirl

We prefer it by the balcony. It's nice to fall asleep with the view of the ocean just a few feet away. It's also nice to relax and read a book where the ambient light is the strongest.

Also, when getting ready in the morning or for dinner, the bed by the balcony places the open area next to the closet, making it easier to get dressed. With the bed by the bathroom, we always end up in each other's way as we both squeeze past the bed to go to and from the "dressing" area.

Edited by SantaFeFan

For those who have sailed S class ....which do you prefer and WHY? Based on the s class matrix it also seems like same # cabin on Eclipse has opposite layout on Equinox...anyone know for sure???
We've had both layouts. They've made no difference at all to our enjoyment of the cabins.

We prefer the sofa by the balcony so we can spend time during the day sitting or laying on the sofa and enjoy the cool breezes and seeing the ocean....our own little slice of heaven. At night the drapes are pulled tight because I like to sleep late, so having the bed by the door means nothing to us during the night.

It isn't so important that we would reject a cabin because the bed is by the balcony door, it's just our preference.

We prefer it by the bathroom. It makes the trips, during the night, easier to navigate. We don't pick cabins based on this preference, wherever the bed is, it's just fine.

Now we do actually choose our cabin based on location of bed re bath/balcony. I can understand what others are saying, but we always book a veranda or above cabin and like to utilize the balcony as much as possible. If this is what you are after then definitely bed by bath would be better (as well as for ease of bathroom access during the night! If not, then I can see that bed by balcony would suit better.

Now we do actually choose our cabin based on location of bed re bath/balcony. I can understand what others are saying, but we always book a veranda or above cabin and like to utilize the balcony as much as possible. If this is what you are after then definitely bed by bath would be better (as well as for ease of bathroom access during the night! If not, then I can see that bed by balcony would suit better.

I have actually changed cabins when I realized the bed was "in the wrong place"...for MY preference!! :o I like to sit on the sofa and read and be able to look out..I also think that the cabin seems more open with this arrangement. And it does make the bathroom closer for those nightly trips!! :cool: LuAnn

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to figure out where the bed is located for my upcoming cruise on the Equinox. We are in cabin 7222. There is a post in the big s-class cabins thread that says 7222 on the Eclipse has the bed near the balcony. Will it be the same configuration for the same cabin number on the Equinox??

We REALLY prefer the bed by the bath, making a nice open 'living room' with the sofa and balcony. We had the bed by the balcony once, and it made the cabin feel very closed in. I wouldn't take that type of cabin again, made a significant difference to us.

As far as closet space, how much time could one possibly spend in their closet?? You walk up, make your selection, and move away. Normally I shower first and move to the desk area to do makeup and hair. I get dressed while DH showers and I am out of his way when he's done. Works perfectly for us, YMMV of course

We prefer the bed by the bath. It's nice to sit on the couch and be able to see outside. the light is better for reading, we don't like to read in bed that much.

It's a shorter trip to the bathroom at nigh and you don't have to worry about where that table is in the dark:D

Dave

I prefer the bed to be by the balcony so that when you are showered and getting dressed, you have more room to do so, without skirting around the bed.

Its interesting to see this is split pretty equally - those who prefer it by the balcony, those who prefer it by the bathroom, and those who dont care! (By 'it' I am referring to the BED):D;)