Seattle port

norwaybaby

Thanks any suggestion for few days in Seattle

If you have not been, go to the Space Needle. I hate heights but it did not bother me. I had two beautiful sunny days and the view was amazing.

Another must see is the Pike Place Market. Besides the fish throwing there are lots of cute shops and stalls. The almost-first Starbucks is right across the street.

We have eaten lunch a couple of times atop the Space Needle -- great view from the revolving restaurant.

Have walked through Pike's Market several times. Can't remember the name of the restaurant we ate at, but the view from the window was great.

One place we like to stop at before going into Pike's Market (at the end where the fish throwing place is), is Rocky Mountain Chocolates where we stock up on dark chocolates for the ship. It is located on 1st Street. Missed getting there the last couple of times we were in Seattle.

Beecher's Cheese at Pike Place Market. Their Flagship cheese is quite good, but I have a special fondness for the No Woman Cheese (named for Bob Marley's No Woman, No Cry), and the peppercorn cheese (not named peppercorn cheese, but I can't recall the name right now).

If you're going to be there a few days, you could get out of the downtown area and visit places like the Fremont Troll, the fish ladder at the Ballard locks (entertaining to watch the boats go through the locks too), Woodland Park Zoo, the University of Washington campus, Green Lake, Ivar's Salmon House, or out even farther to visit places like Mount Rainier, Snoqualmie Falls, take a ferry over to Bainbridge Island or the peninsula, etc.

My suggestion would be to take a taxi, shuttle or limo. Public transportation with all of your luggage is going to be a pain in the rear. We used to use the Shuttle Express when we lived in Seattle to go to the airport and I know that they pick up passengers and deliver them to a specified location..... They are reasonably priced and will help you with your luggage. (Now you may be one of those people that can go on a cruise without a big suitcase and only a roll-aboard but I am not one of those people......) Good luck and have a wonderful cruise.

Karen

I'm just planning a cruise out of Seattle. I booked the cruise today. I read on the West Coast board that Seattle Express is an option. I think I'll be using them. It's $12 each way per person. You can check their website for information on making reservations. Just want to add in that I don't know if they pick up at the airport. I'm coming in a day early and they will pick up at airport hotels.

Beecher's Cheese at Pike Place Market. Their Flagship cheese is quite good, but I have a special fondness for the No Woman Cheese (named for Bob Marley's No Woman, No Cry), and the peppercorn cheese (not named peppercorn cheese, but I can't recall the name right now).

If you're going to be there a few days, you could get out of the downtown area and visit places like the Fremont Troll, the fish ladder at the Ballard locks (entertaining to watch the boats go through the locks too), Woodland Park Zoo, the University of Washington campus, Green Lake, Ivar's Salmon House, or out even farther to visit places like Mount Rainier, Snoqualmie Falls, take a ferry over to Bainbridge Island or the peninsula, etc.

and don't miss the infamous Gum Wall http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gum_Wall

By all means walk the Elliot Bay waterfront and eat lunch in one of the great casual seafood places (we like Anthony's outside) and take the ferry to Bainbridge Island. Fantastic views of Seattle and a nice restaurant for lunch right near where the ferry docks.

Well there's a lot of construction going on at the waterfront. North of the Aquarium is OK.