June/July offers

stevejco

We have some friends still on the fence about joining us for our Feb. 2016 Getaway cruise. We booked in March. Our friends would likely be three adults sharing one OV or Balcony. I know the UBP promo only covers 2 guests pure cabin and the third is eligible for the soda... However all three would want the UBP. Would the third guest just have to pay the difference between the soda package and the UBP or would they pay full price to upgrade to the UBP?

From the terms & conditions listed in the first post, it looks like this UBP promo will apply only to the first two guests. A third or fourth guest would have to pay full price for whatever package they wanted.

Edited by Pluto_fan

No, only for Oceanview and above. The formatting in the OP is not easy to decipher, but if you search around TA websites, you can find the same details on-line.

Insides and studios choose one of the following:

• soda package
  • $50 dining credit
  • 100 minutes Internet package
  • $50/port excursion credit

Oceanview, Balcony, and Mini-suite staterooms choose one of the following:

• UBP
  • UDP
  • 250 minutes Internet package
  • $75/port excursion credit

Suites and Haven get all 4 of the perks in this second list.

Ah, my eyes thank you for that. I was confused and didn't even know it ;)

OP, thanks for the info!!

I'm glad that the UDP is coming back $75 for first 2 people in a room for 4 is bad. BUT I bet they will increase the prices for the cruise...they have been stable (at least for my August GA cruise) for the past few months...

mking828, Am I getting this right? there are 2 offers? ...

Yes, it appeared that way since this is 2nd. hand info from SliceOfLife - I just posted a direct question on SeaDog67's thread as he is posting live again this morning on the GEM, on their way back from beautiful Bermuda (ooooh, we loved those islands) - standby for affirmation of whether any deals are available on the GEM sailings to BDA. Post link, please check later this morning/day for his update, great pix & videos too -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46677591&posted=1#post46677591

From what I can sort out, it's the current FCC/FCR program, enriched with extra $25 OBC (details above) - and, add the choice of one of four Promo as "free" add-ons & renamed/calling it NextCruise by Norwegian - only when booking onboard the sailing with the available PCC, but with different terms/more restrictions however, on rebooking - limited to one change (still good for up to 4 years)

Maybe, some of our "friends" of TA's surfing here have additional info & can help look into these and post to share ... it does seemed like it's exclusively "sold" by NCL themselves - but TA's can buy them & resell/transfer to their clients ... very interesting (hello, Rochelle :D )

I am hoping someone can clarify? If you are booked in a 2 bedroom suite, would only 2 people get the 4 promo offers? Even if there were 6 people in the suite?

**IF** the terms and conditions are what they were during the Freestyle Choice promo,

The first 2 passengers get the UBP, the remaining passengers get the Soda package

Everyone in the cabin gets the UDP

Shore excursion credit and OBC are per cabin not per person.

Yes, it appeared that way since this is 2nd. hand info from SliceOfLife - I just posted a direct question on SeaDog67's thread as he is posting live again this morning on the GEM, on their way back from beautiful Bermuda (ooooh, we loved those islands) - standby for affirmation of whether any deals are available on the GEM sailings to BDA. Post link, please check later this morning/day for his update, great pix & videos too -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46677591&posted=1#post46677591

From what I can sort out, it's the current FCC/FCR program, enriched with extra $25 OBC (details above) - and, add the choice of one of four Promo as "free" add-ons & renamed/calling it NextCruise by Norwegian - only when booking onboard the sailing with the available PCC, but with different terms/more restrictions however, on rebooking - limited to one change (still good for up to 4 years)

Maybe, some of our "friends" of TA's surfing here have additional info & can help look into these and post to share ... it does seemed like it's exclusively "sold" by NCL themselves - but TA's can buy them & resell/transfer to their clients ... very interesting (hello, Rochelle :D )

Curious to know if they are regular PCC's onboard or can they book a CAS comp cruise and also does that mean from June 1st you would get your choice of 2 promo's instead of 1 or choice of 5 instead of 4 for a Haven? (i.e. The FCC promo and the upcoming promo for 6/1-7/31)

I wonder why there is a TA allowed to post confidential info that has been finalized on Cruise Critic?

I hope this TA that posted this or shared this has their ability to sell NCL for good!

Yes I know that, but they were playing stupid like they didn't know what I was talking about.

I'm not sure that the majority would even now about a promo they aren't able to sell.

Having worked in a call center environment in the past,CSRs are often clueless about new sales until the morning the deals were available.

I wonder why there is a TA allowed to post confidential info that has been finalized on Cruise Critic?

I hope this TA that posted this or shared this has their ability to sell NCL for good!

I bet you're great at parties. :cool:

you a ncl shareholder or something?

the rest of us appreciate this sort of info.

go troll somewhere else

So if I wait to book until June 1st and I'm booking the Breakaway for May, 2016, will I get this promo in addition to the 3rd person free?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm looking to book because of the free 3rd person, however I'm not sure if that will still be offered on June 1 if I wait for the UDP

I bet you're great at parties. :cool:

you a ncl shareholder or something?

the rest of us appreciate this sort of info.

go troll somewhere else

Nice name calling. Andy Stuart wants to crack down on leaks and TA's who are posting confidential information meant for TA's only in an effort to further support TAs.

I applaud his efforts!

Nice name calling. Andy Stuart wants to crack down on leaks and TA's who are posting confidential information meant for TA's only in an effort to further support TAs.

I applaud his efforts!

but its not confidential.

someone posted a link to ncl's website (http://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/wavejune15) about the June promos 12hrs after the OP posted the info

Edited by fstuff1

I applaud his efforts!

The email was forwarded to me and there was nothing stating that it was confidential/do not share.

Why is this any diferent than your early release of info from Celebrity. I believe it was " Huge news!" that you shared 6 days prior to Celebrity's formal announcement date.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1588957

Hmmm. Pot calling the kettle...;)

If you had a client booking a cruise today and you knew they would benefit from a promo that was being released in less than a week I would hope that you would advise them to wait.

Yes, it's not "official" until it's official and terms and conditions are subject to change. Read the fine print.

What's wrong with a little well intended heads up. Thought I was being helpful.

BTW CoachT no offense intended. I find the majority of you posts very helpful:)

Okay, that's interesting that the gratuities are no longer included with the packages. Not to start a controversy, but since I booked my cruise months ago when the gratuities were included, I would think that mine are still included. Ugh..... something new.

Once you book, unless you start changing things your promotions are locked in, they don't change just because a different promotion comes out.