Why are people so happy about the big reversal??

JPV072900

One of the great things about Norwegian is you have so many options where you can eat, if your going to eat in your cabin you might as well stay home and eat in your kitchen.

Hi, I am sorry if I am jumping into this discussion late.

Does anyone have a copy of the new hang tag for the continental breakfast?

I haven't kept up and did not know that cereal and yogurt are gone.

Thanks.

Not sure who said cereal and yogurt are gone? This link has a picture of the "new" menu.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2192103

One of the great things about Norwegian is you have so many options where you can eat, if your going to eat in your cabin you might as well stay home and eat in your kitchen.

Nah, my kitchen doesn't take me to a different port every day. Also, I'd have to do the cooking there.

People seem to forget that along with the charge for room service came a much expanded menu. I don't really see an issue, nor do I see a reason for room service if you are allowed to take a doggy bag or whatever now.

This is a radical exaggeration. They added a very few new items. I would gladly give them back to save 7.95 an order.

6&8

My kitchen doesn't have a balcony with a view of the ocean. It has a balcony with a view of a parking lot, some grass and a tree. Neither the grass nor the tree move much, and the parking lot not at all.

Edited by CavalierX

This is condescending and done to stir the pot.

I guess the only thing that's a "big deal" are those things that are important to you since apparently there is no empathy toward others and their preferences.

So tell us, what is a valid "big deal" to you since that is obviously the only thing that has any merit?

Personally for myself and family we do like the option of bringing food back to the cabin on occasion. We sometimes will go back to the cabin, perhaps sit out on the balcony, maybe even just taking a relaxing moment and watching TV. We don't do it very often, but it is nice to be able to if wanted. Personally I do just like a nice quite place occasionally to be able to sit and eat.

We also rarely order from room service as I think it takes too long most of the time and they rarely have any little on the menu that I would want to order anyway.

As for the dishes in the hallway, I have found this to be common on every cruise I have been on. In fact whenever we left dirty dishes in the cabin the stewards have left them, unless I specifically asked them to be taken away. Almost as if they thought we were keeping things for some reason. The only time they were taken away was when it was placed into the hall by the door.

Some of us are more concerned about WHAT we eat rather than WHERE, all part of freestyle cruising.

Not sure who said cereal and yogurt are gone? This link has a picture of the "new" menu.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2192103

I think you may be looking at the RS menu that was on the Getaway as part of the trial (note that it says there is a 4.95 charge). They later made the decision to offer continental breakfast at no charge and to make the fee 7.95. They then rolled this out fleet-wide. Post 83 in that same thread has a link to the current menu. No yogurt & no cereal on the later menu, even if you are ordering the "for charge" items.

So many changes in a short amount of time and then changes to the changes - it's hard to keep up. :)

This is a radical exaggeration. They added a very few new items. I would gladly give them back to save 7.95 an order.

6&8

Well said, NCL can take the 7.95 room service fee and shove it. The new CEO is just a greedy snake.

I disagree. I eat on my balcony. So eating on my cabin balcony is the same as eating on my balcony at home, which I also do.

Then again, if you sleep at all on your cruise, you might as well stay home and sleep in your bedroom.

And if you eat at all at the the main dinning room, you might as well stay home and eat in your dinning room at home.

And if you read at all on a cruise, you might as well stay home and read.

If you swim at all on a cruise, you might as well stay home and swim in your own pool.

In fact, following your logic, there is no reason to go on a cruise at all. In fact, following your line of thinking, there is no reason to leave home at all.

Actually, eating in your cabin is one of the options. If I want to eat in a restaurant, I can do that at home, so why should I eat at one of the restaurants?

Edited by Cuizer2

I disagree. I eat on my balcony. So eating on my cabin balcony is the same as eating on my balcony at home, which I also do.

Then again, if you sleep at all on your cruise, you might as well stay home and sleep in your bedroom.

And if you eat at all at the the main dinning room, you might as well stay home and eat in your dinning room at home.

If you swim at all on a cruise, you might as well stay home and swim in your own pool.

In fact, following your logic, there is no reason to go on a cruise at all. In fact, following your line of thinking, there is no reason to leave home at all.

Actually, eating in your cabin is one of the options. If I want to eat in a restaurant, I can do that at home, so why should I eat at one of the restaurants?

Thank you!!!

i disagree. I eat on my balcony. So eating on my cabin balcony is the same as eating on my balcony at home, which i also do.

Actually, eating in your cabin is one of the options. If i want to eat in a restaurant, i can do that at home, so why should i eat at one of the restaurants?

lol!!

Edited by tarps14

I guess I hit a sore spot, maybe Ill have to try bringing food back to my cabin and eat it on my balcony and see what the big deal is.

Good idea, maybe it works for you, maybe it doesn't.

I don't however need my habits or opinions validated by you.

You cruise your way and I will cruise mine.

Cheers

for some of us, unseen disabilities make rolling out of bed ' like everyone else' and getting food not always possible. Whether it be IBS or PTSD or anything else, it is sometimes easier if you lived one could bring back coffee, yogurt or fruit. or something, any time of day.

Let's all hope you NEVER walk in someone else's boat shoes.

Idiots - Idiots - Idiots trying to change something as basic as food on a

cruise ship. Changing horses (ah er cruise ships/life boats) in midstream

is stupid as what stupid does !

Something so utterly basic - needed no fix-en and yet some jerk-water official

tried to put one over on the paying customers.

At least there is one person at the top - NCL Andy Stuart President COO

that realized the folly of using food as a method to correct an in house problem

was going nowhere and soliciting a great deal of ill will between the crew

and customer !

FDR - stop playing blind folded darts and start Captaining your cruise ship

company the ole fashion way by earning your service kudo's with basic

unchanging policies that the consumer has grown to expect !

Fair game to raise cruise cabin rates; that is to be expected from time to time.

But the changing of down to earth operating expectations i.e. food - food and

more of the same should not be tampered with. Food is one of the three

mainstay items that are expected on a cruise - FOOD - LODGING - ENTERTAIMENT !

Simply put leave well enough alone !

Truthfully I have never seen so much discussion where people like to eat. I'm beginning to think it may be a great idea if more people ate in there cabins, this way the restaurants would be less crowded.

Truthfully I have never seen so much discussion where people like to eat. I'm beginning to think it may be a great idea if more people ate in there cabins, this way the restaurants would be less crowded.

Less crabby people to run into too. Who knew free food or use to be free food, can bring out the nasty and ratchet in people?

Less crabby people to run into too. Who knew free food or use to be free food, can bring out the nasty and ratchet in people?

Thank you Lovecruises, people around here have nothing better to do I guess😉

If tiny room service orders are overwhelming staff, then they need more staff. I don't mind tipping the person who brings me room service, but I think charging a fee is ridiculous.

I did have an NCL employee tell me that on one of the spring break cruises, some groups of kids, I'm assuming teens, were ordering room service just because it was free & not even eating it, leaving the food just sitting around. Having a charge would at least alert mom or dad that this was going on.

Too many people love "free stuff" but it's amazing how often free translates to worthless. I do think $7.95 is a bit high.

6&8

When I started seeing that NCL was going to be offering an "enhanced" menu for $7.95, I assumed that it would have exciting, new items that might be worth the fee. Instead, they're offering the same sort of items which are free on Princess. It just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I did have an NCL employee tell me that on one of the spring break cruises, some groups of kids, I'm assuming teens, were ordering room service just because it was free & not even eating it, leaving the food just sitting around. Having a charge would at least alert mom or dad that this was going on.

Too many people love "free stuff" but it's amazing how often free translates to worthless. I do think $7.95 is a bit high.

Teens do behave oddly and can make it challenging. But I have seen similar waste at the buffet, by any age, with piles of food on plates, left on the table. Sometimes people make a plate that is more than they can truly eat, instead of taking a little, and going back for more, they pile it up and waste what they don't eat.