Zuiderdam Retreat Cabanas/map?

ETinCA

Hi all,

I know the Zuiderdam just got the retreat cabanas in April, but does anyone have a map or layout of them by chance? There are 12 of them unlike some other ships it seems. We have one for our summer cruise and wanted to see what we should request.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I know the Zuiderdam just got the retreat cabanas in April, but does anyone have a map or layout of them by chance? There are 12 of them unlike some other ships it seems. We have one for our summer cruise and wanted to see what we should request.

Thanks!

unlikely that anyone on here has it yet, but if you contact HAL ship services they can pre-book them and ought to have a diagram that would help. If they send you one, perhaps you could then share it with the rest of us :)

Hi all,

Thanks!

Send me an email by clicking on the link below my name and I will forward a map of the Noordam cabanas that HAL sent me. The Z cabanas should be the same.

Terri

Called Guest Services and they didn't have it either. They said a pencil drawing was going around the office. He did say this ship has more than the others on two decks apparently. I'll try another agent tomorrow.

I already booked mine for zuiderdam 7/1 $500 for the 11 days :) you can only book whole length thru ship services otherwise it's see what is still available after check in (which at 12 cabanas is not likely)

I'm just back from the Z'dam. The cabanas were not open but I took some photos of them. I will try to sort them out over the next few days and post them somewhere.

Excuse me for hijacking the thread but did you notice the new veranda cabins (cat. VB) on deck 10 next to the Crow's nest? We are considering one of those but haven't got any information yet about balcony space etc. Thank you.

Other than the family cabanas, which are in the corners, you can request aft facing, port or starboard. Aft facing gets more breeze / wind. The side facing have ocean views.

If I recall correctly, the Noordam layout was the same as the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam layout. That makes me think that the Zuiderdam will have the same layout. Here's the map for the two Signature Class ships (Eurodam & Nieuw Amsterdam.) If you want to request a specific cabana, you can try to contact the ship's coordinator. However, based on experience, I think port, starboard, or aft would be sufficient.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s88/sh/1456558f-6560-482d-8896-ff1dce8e31b8/b6d2aef6fdc61b55f24b6c1993f5c88a

Other than the family cabanas, which are in the corners, you can request aft facing, port or starboard. Aft facing gets more breeze / wind. The side facing have ocean views.

If I recall correctly, the Noordam layout was the same as the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam layout. That makes me think that the Zuiderdam will have the same layout. Here's the map for the two Signature Class ships (Eurodam & Nieuw Amsterdam.) If you want to request a specific cabana, you can try to contact the ship's coordinator. However, based on experience, I think port, starboard, or aft would be sufficient.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s88/sh/1456558f-6560-482d-8896-ff1dce8e31b8/b6d2aef6fdc61b55f24b6c1993f5c88a

The only difference in that map is that the stairs are between the Capri and the Naples cabanas. We had the Capri on the Noordam and were constantly subject to gawkers who ignored the "private" signs at the bottom of the stairs.

Terri

No, the Noordam is not the same as the Signature ships. It has a much larger cabana area, and IIRC, 3 or 4 more standard cabanas.

The only difference in that map is that the stairs are between the Capri and the Naples cabanas. We had the Capri on the Noordam and were constantly subject to gawkers who ignored the "private" signs at the bottom of the stairs.

Terri

No, the Noordam is not the same as the Signature ships. It has a much larger cabana area, and IIRC, 3 or 4 more standard cabanas.

Okay, which is it? :D I know that the stairs are offset between the Eurodam and the Nieuw Amsterdam - probably much the same way Terri said that the NODM is. The map I posted is supposed to be from the Eurodam, and I know that there is a slight difference between the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam.

I'll look at the photos that were posted earlier in this thread, but I honestly don't recall 3 or 4 extra cabanas on the Noordam. (I'm fully prepared to be wrong, but that's how I remember it.)

I have to agree. I requested one cabana that I liked on the NA but it was situated differently on the noordam than the one on the NA. That said, I couldn't tell you which cabanas are where.

Being a veteran user of the cabanas on Nieuw Amsterdam and Noordam :o , I didn't think I would have any questions regarding Eurodam.

However, I noticed that the sizes of the Retreat Cabanas on Eurodam are smaller in length than Nieuw Amsterdam by 2 ft.

My question is regarding the furniture inside. On Nieuw Amsterdam, there were 2 loungers as well as a small table with 2 chairs. Does anyone know if it is the same on Eurodam?

Edited by OVgirl

Here is the map of the Noordam cabanas:

ry%3D400

Thanks.

If I'm reading that correctly, the cabana dimensions are a bit tighter on the retrofitted ships. It's not like the ship itself got wider. Right?

Edited by POA1

Thanks.

If I'm reading that correctly, the cabana dimensions are a bit tighter on the retrofitted ships. It's not like the ship itself got wider. Right?

I can't answer that since I never used the cabanas on the NA and have never been on the Eurodam. Sorry.

Terri

Being a veteran user of the cabanas on Nieuw Amsterdam and Noordam :o , I didn't think I would have any questions regarding Eurodam.

However, I noticed that the sizes of the Retreat Cabanas on Eurodam are smaller in length than Nieuw Amsterdam by 2 ft.

My question is regarding the furniture inside. On Nieuw Amsterdam, there were 2 loungers as well as a small table with 2 chairs. Does anyone know if it is the same on Eurodam?

The furnishings are the same on Eurodam as on the other ships.

While I didn't receive a map or layout, here is the text from an email I received from HAL in regards to our voyage in October, in case it helps:

Good morning,

If you would like to rent this in advance of the sailing we rent by the length of the sailing. If you are interested in day rentals, please inquire once onboard. Please see below for all the information on the cabanas. All pricing is in USD. Cabanas are open from 9am - 5pm on both port and sea days.

Retreat 13 Feet X 8 Feet

Family Retreat 17 Feet X 12 Feet 6 inches

The Retreat Cabanas - $599.00 for a 19 day sailing

Family Retreat Cabana - $899.00 for a 19 day sailing

Occupancy: Retreat - 2 adults + 2 children up to 18 years

Family Retreat - up to 4 adults

Includes following services:

. Towel Setup

. Bathrobes

. Handheld fans

. Chilled water bottles setup

. Frozen grapes, chocolate covered strawberries and a glass of champagne at 03:00pm

*Pricing is subject to change.

If you have any additional questions do not hesitate to contact us. We are available by telephone Monday - Friday 7am - 5pm PDT at 1-800-541-1576.