?s for recent Anthem cruises.

Hi all.

The countdown is on! 4 days till I'm on the Anthem for 12 glorious nights. Hoping some recent cruisers can answer a few questions.

What are the Wifi packages like?

What are the photo packages like?

Any feedback on The Gift show.

Any tips, hints, advice?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all.

The countdown is on! 4 days till I'm on the Anthem for 12 glorious nights. Hoping some recent cruisers can answer a few questions.

What are the Wifi packages like?

What are the photo packages like?

Any feedback on The Gift show.

Any tips, hints, advice?

Thanks in advance.

Various WiFi packages available but we found the best one was '2 device package purchased on Day 1 for $10 per device per day. This was a 'Special' on Day 1 only...

Again various photo packages available, but the most expensive is now only for 50 photos not all of your photos as was previously...

'The Gift' production show doesn't start until June - so hopefully you will see it first !

Any more questions - just shout :)

We were on Quantum this past April.

Pretty amazing ship. You are in for a treat. We loved it.

The only thing we really had a little problem with was that we made

reservations for the Grande Restaurant on the first night, and it did not work

out for us because we had an early dining and our luggage were late.

We really felt rushed since this was a formal restaurant. The Grande

was a fantastic restaurant and the next time we will schedule it for a later day.

As far as the North Star, we had no problems getting on 4 times, we liked it

that much. They can fit about 12 to 14 people at a time I think, so the lines went pretty quick.

Go on a sea day, the views from the side of the ship are breath taking.

The bumper cars had such long lines every time we tried to go on them.

Go early since you can't reserve it, you will not wait as long.

The Ifly I would recommend doing reservations also. This is very popular

and it is always busy, but so much fun.

Best show for us Mama Mia. Starwater.

Games show not to miss, The Quest, Family few.

Best Restaurants for us, The Grande, Silk, and the Winnjamer. (did not try any

paid restaurant, we were pleased with the complementary ones)

Winnjamer has the most scrumptious warm chocolate chip cookies ever.

Great service too.

The Cafe at Two70, Great spot to go to the first day after checking in,

not too busy and it serves great soups, sandwiches, made to order salads, fruits and desserts.

Wishing you a great cruise. I know you will have a wonderful time on Quantum!

Edited by Angelsea57

We were on Quantum this past April.

Pretty amazing ship. You are in for a treat. We loved it.

was a fantastic restaurant and the next time we will schedule it for a later day.

As far as the North Star, we had no problems getting on 4 times, we liked it

that much. They can fit about 12 to 14 people at a time I think, so the lines went pretty quick.

Go on a sea day, the views from the side of the ship are breath taking.

The bumper cars had such long lines every time we tried to go on them.

Go early since you can't reserve it, you will not wait as long.

The Ifly I would recommend doing reservations also. This is very popular

and it is always busy, but so much fun.

Games show not to miss, The Quest, Family few.

Best Restaurants for us, The Grande, Silk, and the Winnjamer. (did not try any

paid restaurant, we were pleased with the complementary ones)

Winnjamer has the most scrumptious warm chocolate chip cookies ever.

Great service too.

The Cafe at Two70, Great spot to go to the first day after checking in,

not too busy and it serves great soups, sandwiches, made to order salads, fruits and desserts.

Wishing you a great cruise. I know you will have a wonderful time on Quantum!

Glad you enjoyed Quantum but I think the OP is asking about Anthem. :)

What is The gift? Had 2 cruises on the quantum and never heard of T he Gift. We have 4 cruises booked for the anthem

THE GIFT

An original Royal Caribbean production created exclusively for Anthem of the SeasSM, is a musical journey of fantasy and illusion that begins one stormy night with the arrival of a “Magical Gift”. A beautiful production that is sure to delight, inspire and touch the hearts of all who come to see The Gift.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/anthemoftheseas/entertainment/

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Saw The Gift last night in the main theatre.

Very ckever staging and singing. Still not sure what the story was about. Well worth seeing but not as good as We will rock you.

Still a few empty seats at the start of the show

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize that it is the show in 270. 270 is an amazing space on the quantum and I am sure it will be the same on anthem.

It's one of the shows, there is also Spectra's Cabaret in 270

Hi Clio.

Thank you for that.

How did you find queuing for the attractions you can't book. Ie North Star, rock climbing?

When we were on Anthem in May, I never saw anyone rock climbing, so based on that I would guess it's pretty easy to get on! We never made it on North star because everytime we were there the queue was over an hour - but this may be because we were on a 3 nighter so everyone was trying to pack everything into a shorter space of time.

We booked ifly the day we boarded, it booked up pretty quickly, but they also had a lot of people get in on stand by as people didn't turn up.

Escape room got booked up quickly too.

You do realise you didn't need to wear formal in Grande on the first night?

Mama Mia and Starwater are not on Anthem.

We had no choice when we booked last month for Anthem but to take DD Classic, so we will rotate through the dining rooms. How formal is Grande, as we hadn't planned on taking formal clothes ie dinner suite and long evening dresses with us this trip.

We had no choice when we booked last month for Anthem but to take DD Classic, so we will rotate through the dining rooms. How formal is Grande, as we hadn't planned on taking formal clothes ie dinner suite and long evening dresses with us this trip.

I believe the DD Classic assignment is a 'system mistake' - I did have the same problem when I booked but it was changed to DD Choice just few weeks before the cruise. Limited space for Classic.

Dress code for Grande is at least jacket for men. In general guests are not 'that formal' dressed.

Just came off the anthem. Saw The Gift Saturday, in theme with the whole cruise it was amazing in terms of technology and the quality of the performance was excellent but as a show itself not one that will remain in our memories like Sprectra will. We were lucky to see it twice on stand by the second time.

Despite being holiday week and therefore I assume more kids then would otherwise be expected we hardly queued for anything at all not even the bumper cars. That was a nice surprise.

I did ask if I could pay, but was told that although they allowed it on Quantum, it had been decided that it wouldn't be on Anthem because they couldn't meet everyone's requests. It is too popular.

They kindly gave me the addresses of places you can go to in the UK!

I did ask if I could pay, but was told that although they allowed it on Quantum, it had been decided that it wouldn't be on Anthem because they couldn't meet everyone's requests. It is too popular.

They kindly gave me the addresses of places you can go to in the UK!

WOW!! I can't believe that you can only go on it once. That's a let down

It was especially frustrating for us as our session was only a couple of hours after we boarded the ship just as we were leaving! We loved it and were desperate to try again. Instead we got to see everyone else having a go!

What was frustrating was that it was open to kids from the age of 3 and many signed up yet after they got there, many got too scared to try, so these ended up being wasted slots. Little kids can't do it well either as they are so light. I personally think a minimum age of 6 or 7 would be more appropriate, freeing some space. However, we were still very grateful to have the chance to give it a go which remains a special feature of Quantum and Anthem.

Is your booked session at the same time? If not they might be flexible. If it is though that might be an issue if they are fully booked. Maybe she could ask if they would consider it if she is on stand by and someone doesn't show up or decides not to do it at the last minute but she would have to stand there potentially for quite some time. Alternatively maybe she could leave a note (maybe on the board in the library) asking if someone booked is not interested any longer to let her know date and time booked?

Try booking for last day. My brothers group was only three people as was the group before for Ifly.

They said they had a lot of folk just not turning up for their booked times, so may go to daily bookings soon.