Canadians - Current Exchange Rate?

A little off topic, but obviously you guys will know, can you get Canadian pricing on the website or do you have to call? I can't see anywhere to change it to CND.

You have to call NCL or go through an agent that charges in CDN$'

A little off topic, but obviously you guys will know, can you get Canadian pricing on the website or do you have to call? I can't see anywhere to change it to CND.

To get a cruise price in CAD you will either have to phone NCL and use a PCC or find a Canadian TA.

But I am sure you will find that the old advantage of paying in CAD rather than USD no longer exists.

To get a cruise price in CAD you will either have to phone NCL and use a PCC or find a Canadian TA.

But I am sure you will find that the old advantage of paying in CAD rather than USD no longer exists.

My price in CND$ through NCL is 1290 pp and $1119 US. It would cost me $1513 CND to get it from my bank today, so although not a huge savings like I got by booking my RCI cruise a couple years ago, but still saves me a few dollars when paying for two :) I don't think there is any sign that our dollar will rise any time soon so I think I'm okay that way.

My price in CND$ through NCL is 1290 pp and $1119 US. It would cost me $1513 CND to get it from my bank today, so although not a huge savings like I got by booking my RCI cruise a couple years ago, but still saves me a few dollars when paying for two :) I don't think there is any sign that our dollar will rise any time soon so I think I'm okay that way.

just curious if you look on canadian online sites when you look for cruises? In all the times i have booked, it has been way cheaper to book online in canadian dollars, especially on a specific site. Now i book solo but the difference on my next cruise on this online site vs norwegian is $400-$600 ($919 before tax vs $1519 on NCL and other sites). Pays to shop around

Can Norweigan be booked in CAD? The prices seem to be in USD on the website (unlike Royal where you can select your currency).

Nevermind..just read above and see the answer...not via website, but phone or TA

Edited by LuCruise

Can Norweigan be booked in CAD? The prices seem to be in USD on the website (unlike Royal where you can select your currency).

You have to call Norwegian to get CAD prices. I like that RCI allows you to price in CAD online much better as I would rather just do it myself :)

But the Canadian travel websites don't factor in the perks addition cost. I had called the AC TA and they said the cost quoted was the lowest fare not including the promo...add the promo and then cost was a lot higher...

But the Canadian travel websites don't factor in the perks addition cost. I had called the AC TA and they said the cost quoted was the lowest fare not including the promo...add the promo and then cost was a lot higher...

Air canada lists the "canada at par" price. If you want the price with the free at sea promos, visit expedia.ca

What is better for us Canadians to book through, a Canadian travel agency or to use a cruise consultant with NCL? Any positives/negatives for using either?

Well, if you need flights as well, you can save maybe 100 bucks on flights if you book through Air Canada.

What is better for us Canadians to book through, a Canadian travel agency or to use a cruise consultant with NCL? Any positives/negatives for using either?

I'd vote canadian TA...

Some travel agencies will book a bunch of cabins when itineraries are released and might therefore have better pricing and better exchange rate from NCL, depends on the sailing you want.

e.g. I booked one in April this year for next Feb 2017. Had I booked through NCL the exchange rate to book in CAD would be 1.33, but I booked through my TA who had held cabins from last Sept 2015 at 1.19, and I have the same 1.19 rate to pre-pay DSC, pre-purchase OBC, shore excursions etc., and on top of that we were given OBC

On the other hand, booking direct with NCL gives you direct contact with them instead of having to go through the TA.

I think the secret is to find a good TA who will truly work for you to get the best rate and perks, and who doesn't mind calling in for price drops without charging a fee.