Breakfast in Sabatinis

margeg

We have just returned from 3 weeks on the Emerald Princess and for the first time ever Sabatinis was opened on Disembarkation day. However it was open at the usual time from 7.30am onwards so anyone with an earlier disembark time couldn't use it. This was fabulous news to us. We love this suite perk the most.

That must be a brand new decision on the Emerald. We disembarked a week ago (2/6) and Sabatinis wasn't open on disembarkation day. Being in a suite, we were able to get room service breakfast, however.

What is the bacon like in Sabitini's? Is it baked in the oven like in the buffet and MDR or can you order it however you like (DH likes his "wiggly")
Order it any way you like: crispy, undercooked, whatever. I personally didn't like the eggs Benedict. Tried them a couple of times but they tasted weird to me. Usually ordered cranberry juice, melon and cottage cheese, a couple of fried eggs and an English muffin. The service was great and it was nice to meet and get to know my fellow traveler's but I thought the breakfast was pretty much the same as you could get in the dining room.

Breakfast in Sabitinis is the best! Beautiful view out the back of the dining room. Attentive wait staff that will get to know you. Quiet and relaxed. It's a great suite perk!

We agree, it's the one perk we like the most. My DW loves the hot chocolate, better than the coffee bars.

That must be a brand new decision on the Emerald. We disembarked a week ago (2/6) and Sabatinis wasn't open on disembarkation day. Being in a suite, we were able to get room service breakfast, however.

I thought emerald replaced Sabbitini's in December.

Same exact thing happened to us except it was steak & eggs. When others heard my request they wanted it also. (Was great)

I also had two lattes every morning. The waiters are excellent about exactly how you want it. They would say a little mocha added or a little less or none @ all. I should have gotten it skinny style, but you know how it is. You can also ask for it decaf made with a double shot of decaf expresso. That way the even thou it was decaf it was strong.

The menu is not that large, but you can order anything:D

I think they put their best waiters and waitresses, and helpers there. We don't like Italian food, so we don't eat dinners there, so I don't know if the wait staff work Sabatini's at night or not.

I meant to say Crown Grill, not Sabatinis.

Just returned again from 3 weeks onthe EP. Sadly Crown Grill (new replacement venue for Sabatinis) was not open this time on disembarkation day. This was especially sad as we kept returning to Port Everglades every 5 or 7 days, hence missed out on 3 of the speciality breakfasts. Room service breakfast though was pretty good (just no mimosa or speciality coffee!!!:p). I guess the decisions are made and changed quite often about whether they are open or not. We were worried that Crown Grill just wouldn't pull off that Sabatinis feel, but we loved our breakfasts in there just as much. Staff were superb as usual. EP is looking wonderful after her refurb too.

Just returned again from 3 weeks onthe EP. Sadly Crown Grill (new replacement venue for Sabatinis) was not open this time on disembarkation day. This was especially sad as we kept returning to Port Everglades every 5 or 7 days, hence missed out on 3 of the speciality breakfasts. Room service breakfast though was pretty good (just no mimosa or speciality coffee!!!:p). I guess the decisions are made and changed quite often about whether they are open or not. We were worried that Crown Grill just wouldn't pull off that Sabatinis feel, but we loved our breakfasts in there just as much. Staff were superb as usual. EP is looking wonderful after her refurb too.

Good to hear you had a good time.

I forgot to mention in an earlier post that one of the servers told us the decision to open or close on disembarkation day is based on how many in-transit suite passengers there are. The day we disembarked there were 6 suite in-transits, so the Crown Grill was closed for breakfast.

I forgot to mention in an earlier post that one of the servers told us the decision to open or close on disembarkation day is based on how many in-transit suite passengers there are. The day we disembarked there were 6 suite in-transits, so the Crown Grill was closed for breakfast.

Was that too many or not enough? We've never been onboard when Sabatini's was open for breakfast. We've also found that it's been used as a disembarkation lounge - when the process doesn't start until 8:00am (the usual time in Los Angeles) and guests are directed to leave their cabins by then, they need every seat they can get, I suspect.

We are just off Ruby and breakfast at Crown Grill was just as good as breakfast at Sabatini's, hurray! I found the seating to be more comfortable, too. The service was outstanding and the food excellent as always. Alas, we had to content ourselves with room service breakfast this morning.

Was that too many or not enough? We've never been onboard when Sabatini's was open for breakfast. We've also found that it's been used as a disembarkation lounge - when the process doesn't start until 8:00am (the usual time in Los Angeles) and guests are directed to leave their cabins by then, they need every seat they can get, I suspect.

We are just off Ruby and breakfast at Crown Grill was just as good as breakfast at Sabatini's, hurray! I found the seating to be more comfortable, too. The service was outstanding and the food excellent as always. Alas, we had to content ourselves with room service breakfast this morning.

Six in-transit suite passengers was not enough to keep the Crown Grill open for breakfast.

I love Sabatini's and the option for mimosas and specialty coffe whether you partake everyday or not. This month on the coral, On the first day I am certain we got all OJ on accident so we asked for more champagne and they brought us each a whole glass.

My favorite item is the Alpine bircher mueslix and the tiny bran muffins. I'm allergic to eggs and i am currently not eating meat so i asked if they could make the B.E.L.T. sandwich why only lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and avocado and it was no problem even though i have never seen an avocado on any Sabatini's or suite breakfast menu. :)

Order it any way you like: crispy, undercooked, whatever. I personally didn't like the eggs Benedict. Tried them a couple of times but they tasted weird to me. Usually ordered cranberry juice, melon and cottage cheese, a couple of fried eggs and an English muffin. The service was great and it was nice to meet and get to know my fellow traveler's but I thought the breakfast was pretty much the same as you could get in the dining room.

I agree with you Pam. We enjoy breakfast in the MDR. I don't get the infatuation about breakfast in Sabatini's. The MDR always allows us to order items not on the menu. My DW likes the blueberry pancakes :)

• 1 month later...
I agree with you Pam. We enjoy breakfast in the MDR. I don't get the infatuation about breakfast in Sabatini's. The MDR always allows us to order items not on the menu. My DW likes the blueberry pancakes :)

Some of us do.......

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

On the CB in January, the staff from Crown Grill served breakfast in Sabatini's. Since we had eaten our first night comp dinner there, several of the staff remembered us. They were so accomodating, and most days had enough time to visit a little more. Also, I requested soy milk the first day and they had to get it from the main galley, but after that they always had it waiting for me.

One morning we casually mentioned to our waiter that it would be nice if sometime they had blueberry pancakes; the very next morning he greeted us with, "we have blueberry pancakes this morning."

We had a similar experience when we mentioned to our waiter if they had chocolate chip pancakes! The next day they had them for us!