Breakfast in Sabatinis

margeg

I'm not a morning person & usually skid into the buffet at the last minute on sea days. I'll have my first (probably only) suite experience in Aug. on the Emerald.

This special breakfast sounds worth getting up for! I can always take a nap later.

Waffles, choc. chip or blackberry pancakes, crisp bacon, melon .... where do I start (or stop)?! :)

Just thought of a question & this is the group to ask:

I'm cruising solo. Any chance of sharing a table sometimes at breakfast in the Crown Grill?

Sharing a table for a suite breakfast is a little tough. I've done it with friends. Not sure if others would have been so accommodating. Get to know your suite passengers. Greet them in the hall. It may take a few days.

Sharing a table for a suite breakfast is a little tough. I've done it with friends. Not sure if others would have been so accommodating. Get to know your suite passengers. Greet them in the hall. It may take a few days.

The Cruise Critic rollcall is a good way to meet other suite passengers prior to your cruise. I've met the nicest people that way.:)

Greeting them in the hall may work better for us in window suites (since we have our own private hallway), but it may not work so well for people in other suites scattered around the ship.

We did end up joining another couple for breakfast in Sabatini's on a trans-Atlantic on the Ocean Princess. But this was a long cruise with lots of sea days on a ship with only ten suites, so Sabatini's was a lot more personal. Also the waiter was so friendly there that he made the whole place a community.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the Roll Call for my cruise is almost nonexistent -- only 4 of us!

(I began it last week.)

There are 4 suites in "my" aft area; maybe I can meet the other folks.

Anyway, I'll probably eat in the Crown Grill on sea days.

CC suite hive: how does Crowne Grill compare to Sabatini's for suite breakfast on Ruby now that Curtis Stone's Share has taken Sabatini's place?

We never had breakfast at Sabatini's on Ruby, but I enjoyed Crown Grill more because it was more comfortable seating. It was the same menu, expertly prepared (except for an eggbeater omelet one morning that was flat and weird) and the staff were just as awesome.

Put me down for the I love breakfast at Sabatini's. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and Sabatini's makes it special.

Is it possible to both eat breakfast in Sabatini's and dinner in SHARE on the same ship? (Spoiler alert: no.)

• 7 months later...
Can you get a real table for 2?

Or is it only "bench seating" tables for 2?

On six cruises in a full suite, Sabatini's has never been crowded for breakfast. Two people will typically be seated at table for four with no one else.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

Hi all,

We are currently on the Island Princess at the end of our cruise. We thoroughly enjoyed our Sabatini Breakfast each morning. I also casually asked the first morning if they had a mixed berry pancake. They had the batter and mix ready every morning in case I wanted it. It was so wonderful! enjoy

I am always pleased by how any and all requests are handled. One thing I have learned is even if you have high expectations, they will often be exceeded. I don't cruise just to eat, but the breakfast at Sabatini's, as others have said, is a great reason to book a suite.

They won't seat you with others.

Unless you request it.

On several cruises, we've chosen to eat with others (usually people we met on Cruise Critic before the cruise). Since a couple normally sits at a table for two, you can join another couple already seated - if you and they want to.

On the Caribbean Princess, Sabatini's has one table for eight. Next August we will have four couples (four brothers and our wives) traveling together. We will probably choose to eat at that table for breakfast, and the other couples will join us when they arrive.

Unless you request it.

On several cruises, we've chosen to eat with others (usually people we met on Cruise Critic before the cruise). Since a couple normally sits at a table for two, you can join another couple already seated - if you and they want to.

On the Caribbean Princess, Sabatini's has one table for eight. Next August we will have four couples (four brothers and our wives) traveling together. We will probably choose to eat at that table for breakfast, and the other couples will join us when they arrive.

Of course.

On Princess' website I searched for suite privileges and it does not mention Sabatini's. It says there is exclusive club class dining in the MDR for breakfast, lunch on sea days, and dinner. Another bulleted item is about the mimosa at breakfast. I'm afraid Sabatini's breakfast is not a perk anymore unless certain ships retain it.

On Princess' website I searched for suite privileges and it does not mention Sabatini's. It says there is exclusive club class dining in the MDR for breakfast, lunch on sea days, and dinner. Another bulleted item is about the mimosa at breakfast. I'm afraid Sabatini's breakfast is not a perk anymore unless certain ships retain it.

Thanks for responding. That's the way I was reading it as well.

Its not going anywhere. Its in the Crown Grill on ships without Sabatinis.