For how many days do you use the same towel?

We try to use them for a few days at least. Always have extra towels, brought back from the pool or spa, so there is always a dry towel. They seem to dry fast enough hanging in the bathroom and we're in a tiny inside cabin. My main reason is not environmental but financial, cruise line saves money on laundry and this helps keep the cruise cost down. Every little bit helps.

Tony

I use a terry robe at home and a towel for my hair and DH uses one bath towel. I wash those towels, robe and sheets every Saturday at home.

Royal give me a terry robe as well. I hang up my robe on the back of the door and my hair towel on the rod daily. Even if I hang it on the rod, it usually gets replaced, but I'd be fine if it didn't. It's just wet, clean hair.

Consumer and environmental health agencies recommend to use the same towel 3 times before having to wash it. Royal encourages you to participate in save the waves and re use the towels. For how many days do you use the towel in your cabin ?

The real reason is to save the cruise line money. We never reuse and I couldn't find my recycling bin on a bet.

I reuse any towels that are just used for drying people. If I'm cleaning up a soaking wet floor, that towel stays on the floor for replacement.

I don't count the number of times I reuse the towels. I'd probably use the same one all week if it never needed to clean the floor as well.

However, with 5 people in a cabin and kids who can't get a handle on keeping water in the shower, I'm certain all the towels are replaced a couple of times during the cruise.

Only in America! I grew up very poor in the country and used clotheslines for drying clothes. I still use a clothesline for my sheets - you can't beat the freshness of wind dried bed clothes! Sometimes, you just cannot take away from someone what is so deep in someone's mind. My mother would kill me if I was so wasteful!

I am clean when I step out of the shower, so hence, my towel remains clean and I reuse my towel about 3 days. I have no problem with them drying in the bathroom, but I do not like a steamy shower room. Therefore, I leave the bathroom door open when I shower.

What a thread! :)

Thank you! I am American but I too reuse my towel. Basically I do the same thing you mentioned above and my husband also. I am pretty sure my mother, her husband and everyone else I cruise with does the same things.

The environment is too important. One person can make a difference.

This is kind of a funny thread. Honestly, it's non of anyone's business. But I still want to answer. When I travel, I behave the same way I am at home. I don't do a load of wash daily or use two towels a day. I don't change my sheets daily, or pillow cases.

I do the same on the ship. I hang my towel on the door or rack. It always dries for me. I don't understand the difference between home or ship/hotel.

If I use it to mop up a wet floor, than it stays on the floor. Same as at home. (except I put it in a hamper).

I hung up my towel every day and wouldn't have had a problem using a slightly moist towel but the room attendant replaced it Everytime he was in the room. So I had a fresh towel every 4 hours basically. I loved the feeling of a fresh towel but felt kind of guilty for the environment.

I'm in this camp - I do hang mine up and i don't mind if it's a little damp (I only ever travel with my wife and it's way too late to bother protecting myself from her cooties) but I do always get the impression that the towels are changed whether they are hanging or not.

Even when I hang towels up in hotels and on cruises so they can be reused, the stewards and housekeepers take them anyway. I am not sure why they even bother with the signs. Marketing I guess? If it is marketing, it's false advertising at every single hotel & cruise I have ever stayed at.

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

Yes really. Since the tip is obligatory, it isn't a tip but rather a service charge. Since I am paying the service charge I deserve some service. What's hard to understand about that?

I think the part that is hard to understand is the narcissistic attitude. :cool:

I think the part that is hard to understand is the narcissistic attitude. :cool:

You're right, I know most here just love to pay for things they don't receive.

If I could really have my way, I'd use the same towel all week and the housekeeping could skip my room altogether. Thats not an option though.

On a cruise I take 2 or 3 showers per day. I request new towels daily. So how many times a towel gets used depends what time I take those showers versus what time the room is serviced.

I've noticed they will only hang up a robe unless you specifically ask for it to be laundered/replaced.

You're right, I know most here just love to pay for things they don't receive.

If I could really have my way, I'd use the same towel all week and the housekeeping could skip my room altogether. Thats not an option though.

You may not have meant it that way, but your response did come across as petty and narcissistic. It came across (to me) sort of like, "If I'm paying, that attendant better jump, when I say jump." (It really has nothing to do with people loving to pay for things they don't receive.)

Edited by Paul65

You may not have meant it that way, but your response did come across as petty and narcissistic. It came across (to me) sort of like, "If I'm paying, that attendant better jump, when I say jump." (It really has nothing to do with people loving to pay for things they don't receive.)

You can take it as you like. I personally don't like daily housekeeping and I resent the service charge for services that are not required or desired. Since I don't have a choice in the matter I don't see that the line does either.

You can take it as you like. I personally don't like daily housekeeping and I resent the service charge for services that are not required or desired. Since I don't have a choice in the matter I don't see that the line does either.

Makes sense; if they're going to make you pay for something you don't want, you might as well make sure you get as much of that service you don't want as possible. :rolleyes:

Edited by Paul65

Makes sense; if they're going to make you pay for something you don't want, you might as well make sure you get as much of that service you don't want as possible. :rolleyes:

Especially since they are coming in whether you want them or not.