Oceania's Free Laundry

NU/Fan

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/email/emailpdfs/winter-collection-preview.pdf

Pages 22-23 of the above Winter Collection 2015-2016 is where the Free Laundry offer was made.

b_184932.jpg

The key is the wording " Amenities vary by voyage", Then they list all of them, which to get all is probably only available on the World Cruise.

I'm on a 32 day GV that is popular and none of those amenities were available for it.

Debbie

Was your cruise booked as a Grand Voyage ?

Just wonder how you get free laundry or is for cruise over certain number of days?

Lyn

Is the ship underway again?

If you look at pages 24 -27 of the PDF S&J posted it has a chart that shows what amenities are available on each GV. The shortest one with the Free Laundry is 40.

If you look at pages 24 -27 of the PDF S&J posted it has a chart that shows what amenities are available on each GV. The shortest one with the Free Laundry is 40.

Thanks

I have only done B2B's total days 32

but notice they have more & more GV than in past years ...

they must be catching on to something good ;)

Thanks

I have only done B2B's total days 32

but notice they have more & more GV than in past years ...

they must be catching on to something good ;)

They give a discount on b2b's, but when they combine them as a GV there is no discount, perhaps even an increase over the two separate voyages because of the word "grand" (although I haven't checked actual prices).

They give a discount on b2b's, but when they combine them as a GV there is no discount, perhaps even an increase over the two separate voyages because of the word "grand" (although I haven't checked actual prices).

Grand Voyages are usually discounted up front

If the cruises are marketed as a GV you cannot book them as a B2B (I tried)

I have done several B2B's & had a GV booked a few years ago but life got in the way, yet again & we never made it ;)

Lyn

Do the laundry machines work with US coins? Is there a change machine in the laundromat?

I just went and checked on deck 7 Marina. The laundry machines work with tokens. There is a machine on the wall in the laundry room that sells tokens. It takes US Dollars of 1, 5 and 10.

Debbie

When Marina was new (we were aboard for the first time in October '11) the laundry machines took U.S. quarters. This was great for me because I had the duty of packing the quarters from our laundry machines at home into rolls, so it was easy for me to bring a roll along.

But more people (understandably) didn't want to bother with lugging quarters -- especially if they lived outside of the U.S.! So O went back to the token system.

Mura

Insignia has one laundry room on deck 7. 4 washers and dryers. Each wash and dry takes one token. They are available at reception and cost $2 each. It goes on your shipboard account. I found that evenings are a good time to wash.

Insignia has one laundry room on deck 7. 4 washers and dryers. Each wash and dry takes one token. They are available at reception and cost $2 each. It goes on your shipboard account. I found that evenings are a good time to wash.

Now it won't be any more.:rolleyes:

We're just back from a 55 day segment of the WC and had the free laundry perk. EVERYTHING came back ironed and on hangers, even PJs. Underwear and socks were in a paper packet. In before 9am, back the next evening. You can even specify, as I did several times, cold water wash, low dryer temp. Suppose you could also add do not iron if you wish. We were very pleased. Polos, tee shirts, dress shirts and blouses were ready to wear, and we kept the wire hangers and traded them out for the more bulky wooden hangers. Bottom line is next time I will pack much less.

While on board I looked through the Grand Voyage booklet, and it seems that for GVs of about 40 days, you got free laundry. Not always, so you have to make sure it's a perk. Now I don't want to sail without the free laundry! Marlene

We're just back from a 55 day segment of the WC and had the free laundry perk. EVERYTHING came back ironed and on hangers, even PJs. Underwear and socks were in a paper packet. In before 9am, back the next evening. You can even specify, as I did several times, cold water wash, low dryer temp. Suppose you could also add do not iron if you wish. We were very pleased. Polos, tee shirts, dress shirts and blouses were ready to wear, and we kept the wire hangers and traded them out for the more bulky wooden hangers. Bottom line is next time I will pack much less.

While on board I looked through the Grand Voyage booklet, and it seems that for GVs of about 40 days, you got free laundry. Not always, so you have to make sure it's a perk. Now I don't want to sail without the free laundry! Marlene

Thank you very much!

• 2 months later...

We cruised on Crystal several times, and doing laundry never presented a real problem. On our Queen Mary 2 world cruise, laundry was often the subject of conversation among passengers, as there were lines most of the time and sometimes funny events when people weren't there when their machines stopped, or some people had a sense of entitlement about doing laundry ahead of others based on accomodations. Actually funny.

So question is, are Riviera's laundry rooms usually full of waiting passengers?

It depends

I have not really had any issues with the laundry rooms even on the R ships which there is only one

If it is busy I just go back later

timing is everything ;)

I can't speak for Riviera but we've been on her sister ship, Marina, four times.

I don't recall waiting lines for the machines! It's different on the "R" ships since they only have one laundry room on the ship. Then you need to plan your laundry time. We have found that it's best to start laundry around cocktail time, or perhaps when many passengers are off on land tours.

With Marina/Riviera it is different since there are laundry rooms on each passenger deck (except for Deck 12). On Marina I never saw lines. Maybe I was lucky!

I have also been lucky never to find the Laundry Ladies who think they rule the roost ... I have just encountered helpful fellow passengers ...

Mura

On Riviera I used the laundry several times for ironing only. There was never anyone in there when I was there! If I wanted washing done I sent it out and I think I only did that once. It came back beautifully finished.

The only time I saw a line, and a big one at that, was the first day out of port leaving from Sydney. Virtually everyone had been in Australia for at least a week prior to the cruise and it was the middle of their summer. Everyone seemed to have boarded with suitcases of dirty clothes!

The rest of the trip - never a single wait on Marina.

Detergent is provided but laundry service isn't "free". You buy tokens at reception for the washers and dryers. I think it's $2/load. Someone will correct me if I am wrong ... (Well, sometimes it is a perk on special cruises but in general you pay for the service. I remember the QE2 which had a dozen washers and dryers, and that WAS free.)

Mura

Had free laundry on recent Insignia which included pressing. They turned a favorite pair of skinny Orange jeans a dirty red.I did get a refund and they kept jeans. But, worse was a new black silk NM silk blouse with a dry clean only tag under collar that I sent for a press only. They washed it and ruined it and refused to pay for it. Remember CD on Celebrity told me he never sent anything good to Celebritys services. He was right.So beware.

We're taking our first oceania cruise next week on the regatta. Reading through this thread, is laundry detergent provided or do we bring our own?

Thanks for your help.

As the OP said, detergent is free. But, I suggest you bring some dryer sheets with you, as there is no softener available.

Had free laundry on recent Insignia which included pressing. They turned a favorite pair of skinny Orange jeans a dirty red.I did get a refund and they kept jeans. But, worse was a new black silk NM silk blouse with a dry clean only tag under collar that I sent for a press only. They washed it and ruined it and refused to pay for it. Remember CD on Celebrity told me he never sent anything good to Celebritys services. He was right.So beware.

a good reason to DIY ;)