Savoury snacks?

I know there are plenty of sweet snacks on board, cookies, muffins etc. but can you get any savoury snacks? Like peanuts or crisps (potato chips) that you can take back to your cabin to eat when sitting with a drink?

Some of the bars had a mix like that with spicy things with pretzel sticks and peanuts in a glass jar.

Have not seen anything like that in the buffet that you could take.

Have not seen potato chips either.

Maybe you could bring a bag of your favorite?

I know that sandwiches ordered from room service come with potato ships. I believe last time we ordered a sandwich from RS, we simply asked for extra chips. Don't see why you couldn't just order chips only from room service.

I know that sandwiches ordered from room service come with potato ships. I believe last time we ordered a sandwich from RS, we simply asked for extra chips. Don't see why you couldn't just order chips only from room service.

Good idea!! Never thought of RS! I love potato ships. :D

I know there are plenty of sweet snacks on board, cookies, muffins etc. but can you get any savoury snacks? Like peanuts or crisps (potato chips) that you can take back to your cabin to eat when sitting with a drink?

Peanuts and/or bar mix are available in some lounges when you order a drink, I have not seen them for take out. An olive tray is also available in Crooners. On some ships (not the Royal or Regal) you can get comp. sushi or tapas at Vines with an order of any drink.

I have never seen potato chips except with some meals.

In the afternoon many times I have seen tortilla chips with salsa and other sides in the buffet. You can make a plate and bring it back to your cabin for future use. The Grill is open until 11pm and you can make a french fry run. You can also bring on board any packaged snack food you like.

Various crackers are available in buffet and international cafe, virtually 24/7. We always load up a crackers and cheese plate when we head back to the room at night from IC, several types ofncheese, lots of crackers - works perfect. We've been known to do the dame from buffet in the afternoon for a restful afternoon before dinner, etc...crisps are available from room service. Snack mix is available at all bars (normally). Can vary from a mix with rice sticks, nuts and peas, etc to simply peanuts...you can ask for a large cup to carry away with you, I've done it once or twice at The Martini Bar, along with a Martini of course!

Loads of various rolls and breads in the buffet which are lovely. Fries/chips available from the Trident Grill during open hours...afternoon tea in the buffet often has tortilla chips with guacamole and salsa....and so on! Enjoy, you won't go hungry.

Edited by reedprincess

Uh-oh. Be CAREFUL with that; don't want you to get thrown off the ship. You remember what happened with Jack Nicholson as Bobby in "5 Easy Pieces," right....?

[bobby wants plain toast, which isn't on the menu]

Bobby: I'd like an omelet, plain, and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast, no mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce. And a cup of coffee.

Waitress: A #2, chicken salad sand. Hold the butter, the lettuce, the mayonnaise, and a cup of coffee. Anything else?

Bobby: Yeah, now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules.

Waitress: You want me to hold the chicken, huh?

Bobby: I want you to hold it between your knees.

:D:p:D

DH really misses potato chips when we cruise. There is one lunch entree in the dining room that is served with them but they seem to be plated early and placed in a cooler and aren't crispy. The closest he has come with something to take back to the cabin is the popcorn available by MUTS at night.

On Lido buffet around 3:30, they have corn chips, potato chips, guacamole, chili, with all the toppings, an array of deli meats, cheeses and roils for making your own sandwich. At lunch, I saw crocks of peanuts, walnuts and slivered almonds. I took some of those back to our cabin to snack on. At MUTS in the evening, they have fresh popped popcorn.

Edited by elliair

At port, at least, the birds on deck are absolutely NUTS. If there were potato chips out on the poolside buffet, they'd never leave. Imagine the wind blowing those chips across the deck, and the attack of the gulls.

I do crave crunchy snacks, tho...

At port, at least, the birds on deck are absolutely NUTS. If there were potato chips out on the poolside buffet, they'd never leave. Imagine the wind blowing those chips across the deck, and the attack of the gulls.

Funny, been there done that. :eek:

I do crave crunchy snacks, tho...

I saw two gulls devour this guys breakfast one morning. He put his plate on the table while he got his coffee. The gulls attacked it and he stood there flabbergasted! We sat there and laughed!