Do you fold your luggage tags?

The way RCI wants you to do it it gets so darn thick. Is it ok to just cut away what you don't need so it will fit in a plastic holder?

You only need to fold them to add strength if you are going to staple them directly around the luggage handles. If you are using a plastic holder, you don't need to fold.

The way RCI wants you to do it it gets so darn thick. Is it ok to just cut away what you don't need so it will fit in a plastic holder?

You may do whateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever you want.

To avoid even dealing with this issue, just wait until you get to the pier and have the porter put a tag on. He will be happy to do that for you.

:)

You only need to fold them to add strength if you are going to staple them directly around the luggage handles. If you are using a plastic holder, you don't need to fold.

Exactly. I just cut them out, folded it in half longways (so there is 2 sides), and stuck them in the luggage tag holders you recommended. (steel loop ones)

Works great.

Here is the Amazon link for the OP: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M5MDAS0

I paid about 1/2 of the current price (6-2-2015) so keep watching the item for price drops unless you need them ASAP.

Edited by NightOne

We use the clear plastic holders with the plastic loops. We've taken them on the last 5 cruises and they still look brand new. So much easier than stapling, taping, etc.

These are the ones: http://www.amazon.com/Cruisetags-NARROW-Cruise-Ship-Luggage/dp/B009PGOCUE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1433284860&sr=8-5&keywords=cruise+luggage+tags

Pretty sure I paid less but it was at least 2 years ago.

Edited by BND

I believe someplace in the fine print of your cruise contract, you will find cutting the tag would be in violation and you may or may not be denied boarding, or if caught after boarding, forced to walk the plank. Please be careful with your decision.

I believe someplace in the fine print of your cruise contract, you will find cutting the tag would be in violation and you may or may not be denied boarding, or if caught after boarding, forced to walk the plank. Please be careful with your decision.

Edited:

I should have got this the first time with the walk the plank thingy. LOL

Edited by NightOne

We never use them. I create my own on 6x4 photo paper, laminate them and attach with a zip tie. Never had a problem - maybe our next cruise will be the first one we do though!

Edited by roysmith99

I'm feeling lost.

How do you guys know to do these things - where did you see need to print luggage tags?

First time cruiser here - where on the RC website should I be looking for this info? We can't check in online until 90 days out.

I do know we need our passports, set sail pass, what other cruise documents?

We don't get any mail or emails, so I'm not exactly sure what we need to do! :D

I'm feeling lost.

How do you guys know to do these things - where did you see need to print luggage tags?

First time cruiser here - where on the RC website should I be looking for this info? We can't check in online until 90 days out.

You won't see the "Print Luggage Tag" button until about 49 days before the cruise. It will be on the same page as your online check-in.

I always cut vertically half of the tag to fit in our plastic holders. As long as they can see both sides with a cabin number, I can't see any reason why they would care.

I'm feeling lost.

The most important advice is not to let anything you read on this site stress you out. For every insignificant detail, there will be someone who worries about it.

You're too far out from your cruise to be able to print luggage tags, but if you never heard of them and showed up at the pier without tags on your luggage, the porters would take care of it for you.

I agree not to let anything you see in here cause stress. You do need the set sail pass and your passport or relevant ID based on the country you sail from.

When you hand your bags over the porter can put labels on your bags. Just tell them your cabin (show them, your set sail pass).

Even if you checkin online you can add or change credit card details at checkin if necessary.

I like to print own labels as souvenirs. They do help me spot my bags when I leave the ship as well, as I leave them on, unless you have really colourful or bright luggage straps - we have those too. :cool:

Print them in color, cut them out and laminate them with packing tape on both sides - my most fun job which means the cruise is just a few days away! Wouldn't seem like a cruise to do them any other way.

I print documents! Scan luggage tag! Bring it into photoshop! Make 4 tags on a page print it out cut it out trim them up and put them in documents til I put them into luggage Id holder! Start dreaming about that first bing/scan onto another boat and another new trip/journey[emoji41]!