12 pack bottled water, $2.99 in FunShop

BigB0882

I took advantage for two different cruises. Only question I have is why tax on water??

Have it delivered the second day and there is no tax. I bought one 12 pack to be delivered on the first day and another to be delivered halfway through the cruise. I paid tax on the first order and none on the second. No state tax in the middle of the ocean.

Thanks for the update Mischelle. Sounds like reducing the price to only double typical retail has really boosted sales and no doubt resulted in more $ in the bank for Carnival than was the case with the old pricing.

Want to try it on liquor? I'd be a buyer at $40/liter. I'm not at $80.:):)

There should never be tax on water in Florida. Just as some food is not taxable.

I know there was tax for my upcoming Alaskan cruise but I'm not sure about Washington's tax laws like I know Florida's.

Thanks for the update Mischelle. Sounds like reducing the price to only double typical retail has really boosted sales and no doubt resulted in more $ in the bank for Carnival than was the case with the old pricing.

Nobody asked you to buy anything.

I also got a confirmation for my two twelve packs of water!!! For the people that got their water canceled did you also get a confirmation?????

Yes, I got an email for each one I purchased. But interestingly enough I have heard nothing from them about a refund. I would think if they are refunding and not honoring they should send out an email, the only reason I knew to check was because of this thread.

Hi Everyone,

The $2.99 is not a system error; it is in fact our new pricing for 12 packs of bottled water. I'm not sure why some guests are seeing credit or reversals but I have an email out checking on it.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Thanks Carnival - little things really do mean a lot! Every little bit helps.

That is not the case, I've already spoken to our VP of Retail Services and there is no problem with the pricing or orders, they will all be honored. He is looking into why some are seeing the credits/reversals. I'll advise as soon as I have additional information.

Thank you for updating us here!

That is not the case, I've already spoken to our VP of Retail Services and there is no problem with the pricing or orders, they will all be honored. He is looking into why some are seeing the credits/reversals. I'll advise as soon as I have additional information.

Thank you so much for looking into this! I'll be waiting to hear the resolution. Customer service told me to wait and call back on Monday after 9 AM.

I agree also, I don't mine paying a reasonable amount over for convenience. I know less than five years ago it was $40 and a bit larger bottle. If it was lower would purchase again.now back to drawing board....

Hi Everyone,

The $2.99 is not a system error; it is in fact our new pricing for 12 packs of bottled water. I'm not sure why some guests are seeing credit or reversals but I have an email out checking on it.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Thank you CCL Michelle for confirming what I posted in #276 and #304 of this thread.

$2.99 is not THAT great a price for a 12 pack. I normally pick up a 24 pack anywhere from 2.99 to 3.99 when its on sale.

Now compared to what whey normally charge for a bottle on board, $2.99 for a 12 pack is a GREAT price.

This is true, but the difference is so minimal, worth it for the convenience. Otherwise, I would have brought my own. Good move on Carnival's part most likely. I got mine ordered for 5/2016! I'm all about convenience if the price is right! No way would I have paid 12.99 :eek:

Hi Everyone,

I just heard back from our VP of Retail Sales.

We see sales processing correctly. However, there are a few isolated incidents where the sale appeared to go through but then hours later the charge was not authorized. Those guests should have receive email stating that the charge did not go through.

In any case, guests that show the charges were reversed or credited, will need to repurchase it.

I do apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. They will continue to monitor purchases to ensure they are processing correctly.

Thank you all for bringing this to our attention.

Hi Everyone,

I just heard back from our VP of Retail Sales.

We see sales processing correctly. However, there are a few isolated incidents where the sale appeared to go through but then hours later the charge was not authorized. Those guests should have receive email stating that the charge did not go through.

In any case, guests that show the charges were reversed or credited, will need to repurchase it.

I do apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. They will continue to monitor purchases to ensure they are processing correctly.

Thank you all for bringing this to our attention.

Wonderful news! However, we purchased for 3 cruises in 4 transactions (husbands....) and some were refunded some weren't. Is this something a call to the fun shops can sort out? I never got an email telling me which orders didn't go through (and there's absolutely no reason a $3-10 charge wouldn't go through on my card). Would this be something they can handle right away or do we need to wait until Monday?

Thanks so much.

Wonderful news! However, we purchased for 3 cruises in 4 transactions (husbands....) and some were refunded some weren't. Is this something a call to the fun shops can sort out? I never got an email telling me which orders didn't go through (and there's absolutely no reason a $3-10 charge wouldn't go through on my card). Would this be something they can handle right away or do we need to wait until Monday?

Thanks so much.

Yes, they should be able to sort it out over the phone. I would wait till Monday so the Fun Shop staff is in and have been advised of the issue, it will also allow for those pending reversals to process.

I didn't mean to imply that the charge was denied, just didn't finalize for whatever reason.