12 pack bottled water, $2.99 in FunShop

BigB0882

It's now showing the carnival logo on the water bottles, used to be a name brand....hmmmm

Water is water. And bottled water is bottled water regardless of the company. "Smart" water isn't smart. You pay extra for tiny micro nutrients that if your body doesn't need, it won't process and they go down the toilet. Some people claim to be able to taste a difference, most don't. Some cruisers have it in their minds that ship water is ucky (DW is one;)), it isn't, and that anything packed in a plastic bottle is better, it's not.

For all we know those big bottles of Carnival brand water hawked in your cabin and for shore excursions came from a water fountain on the Lido deck.:D:eek:

Nevertheless, we order ours last night. It's not only a bargain but saves yours truly from having to tote that case through security.

Forgive an obvious question, I've never done this before. If you order a bottle of alcohol and mixers for the first day online prior to the cruise, it will be in your room for you to enjoy anytime, as a cake or bottled water?

Just making sure there's no catch...

Just be aware it may get there late in the day. We have had items that we ordered show up well past leaving port. On our last cruise in Dec we had two cabins. Our daughter and her husband were sailing as well. I ordered birthday cakes and tuxedo strawberries for my wife and daughter as both had birthdays during the cruise. I wanted to surprise them with these items in the room when we boarded. Surprise was on me as the gifts didn't show up until dinner time. Oh well, the girls were still happy.

When we placed our order for this water it stated it could be delivered up to 9:00 PM I believe.

Water is water. And bottled water is bottled water regardless of the company.

Water bottled at different sources will have different mineral deposits which absolutely can effect taste.

A lot of bottled water are just from municipal waterways, some are from natural springs. Water isn't just water.

Water bottled at different sources will have different mineral deposits which absolutely can effect taste.

A lot of bottled water are just from municipal waterways, some are from natural springs. Water isn't just water.

At $2.99/case, hell, I'll drink anything short of contaminated water.

At $2.99/case, hell, I'll drink anything short of contaminated water.

Me too!

If it means I don't have to purchase it prior to the cruise and slap a luggage tag on it or put in a carry on, I'm all over it!

Yes. Thanks for the heads up on this. I bought 2. 12 packs for each ship I have booked. One is not until next April. It is only really a few bucks in savings but why do I feel like I just saved hundreds off my cruise rate?

Smooth sailing,

Scuttle ( Dennis & Tai )

It's more then a few bucks.

3 days ago carnival was charging $22 for 24 waters.

If you have 2 cruises booked and would have bought a case regardless it works out to $32 in savings.

For me I always bought bottomless bubbles and brought a case on.

Now I bought water and will bring on soda so for me it is about $100 savings for 2 people.

Thanks All!!

Just got two, tax was 0.36 so I don't understand what tax they are collecting. It isn't NY State or NYC tax on $5.98.

FWIW

The tax will be based on whatever port the ship is in when the item is delivered to you. If you have it set up to deliever in the afternoon on day 1 its based out of your departing port. If you have it set up for day 1 at night there will be no taxes since you are in international waters.

Water is water. And bottled water is bottled water regardless of the company. "Smart" water isn't smart. You pay extra for tiny micro nutrients that if your body doesn't need, it won't process and they go down the toilet. Some people claim to be able to taste a difference, most don't. Some cruisers have it in their minds that ship water is ucky (DW is one;)), it isn't, and that anything packed in a plastic bottle is better, it's not.

For all we know those big bottles of Carnival brand water hawked in your cabin and for shore excursions came from a water fountain on the Lido deck.:D:eek:

Nevertheless, we order ours last night. It's not only a bargain but saves yours truly from having to tote that case through security.

It may be the same, and I'm ok with that. It's portable to take on shore, to the beach, and easy to have in the room. My kid won't drink from the bathroom, she doesn't 'know' it's the same, so it says me a trip to the lido AND saves me from having glasses of water all in my room. less work, less mess for under $10. I'm happy.

I'm sure I'll be refilling those bottles from the lido if need be.

Guys. ..isn't the water on the entire boat produced from seawater? The ONLY way this happens is steam distillation or reverse osmosis. The water out of the tap on the boat is probably cleaner than the bottled water...

I wonder how many cruisers will have ordered water at the old prices, not realize it is now much cheaper, don't cancel the high priced order and Carnival gets to keep that extra profit?

Teach them a lesson for not surfing CC like us.

The deal or "glitch" is still working. I just ordered 3 - 12 packs for $9.60 total for my Sept. cruise on Liberty.

Hope you enjoy the Liberty as much as we did. Beautiful ship!!!

Happy Sails :)

I hope it's not a typo. The one time we ordered a bon voyage package that was reduced to a significant amount and when we got on board we found a note saying carnival couldn't honor it and the money was sent back to the sail and sign card. With two little kids I depend on the bottled water. I would hate to board and it not be there with a note saying $3 was added to our sail and sign.:eek:

I hope it's not a typo. The one time we ordered a bon voyage package that was reduced to a significant amount and when we got on board we found a note saying carnival couldn't honor it and the money was sent back to the sail and sign card. With two little kids I depend on the bottled water. I would hate to board and it not be there with a note saying $3 was added to our sail and sign.:eek:

We ordered ours on June 3rd and I see that the price is still the same. After 2 days, with the increase in sales on one item, I am sure that The Fun Shops have noticed the sales increase and know why since they reduced the price and continue to sell at that new price point, IMO. I hope everything gets delivered as everyone has ordered. Now...........if they would reduce the soda prices too.