Coffee beverages on UBP

erocrobro

I too am disappointed about the coffee not being included in UBP, the name does imply all beverages. I personally wouldn't have bothered with except I got it free ;-)

Saying that I'm on MSC next month and we bought the drinks package and it's half the price of NCL and includes coffee, milk shakes, smoothies and ice-cream.

I've also been on Princess & RCI and bought the coffee drinks package. Coffee is my favourite drink and if NCL did a coffee package I would buy it 😊

I was disappointed espresso drinks aren't included but I'll try to order a Baileys or whiskey to mask the taste if the cheap stuff is bad.

Bottled water not being included is going to be a tough one for us. On RCL we were ordering a bottle with nearly each round of drinks during the day. Had we not had their drink package I would imagine we would have spent another $200 between waters and coffee between the two of us.

I just took a refillable water bottle. I drank several each day, and didn't spend a dime.

Another option is to carry on a case of water. However the water on board is just fine to drink.

Bottled water not being included is going to be a tough one for us. On RCL we were ordering a bottle with nearly each round of drinks during the day. Had we not had their drink package I would imagine we would have spent another $200 between waters and coffee between the two of us.

What's wrong with just ordering a large glass of ice water at the bar? They all have water and ice and its a NO CHARGE drink.

It is disappointing that NCL does not include the speciality coffees or bottled water, even get it on the cheaper options on Royal.

Edited by kenzie
spelling

Over the past four or five years we've been able to get coffee/alcohol drinks in every bar on each NCL ship we've been on. I drink a fair amount of Irish Coffee and have always been able to get it. Never had to fetch my own coffee.

Good to hear!

It is disappointing that NCL does not include the speciality coffees or bottled water, even get it on the cheaper options on Royal.

Personally I hope they never add it, because they'd likely increase the cost. I'm one of many who wouldn't benefit.

I just took a refillable water bottle. I drank several each day, and didn't spend a dime.

Another option is to carry on a case of water. However the water on board is just fine to drink.

That is what we will do. With the amount of water I drink, I'm not going to pay for each bottle. The tap water on our last cruise tasted just like the water in our hot tub smells. Hopefully that's not the case this time!

I've also been on Princess & RCI and bought the coffee drinks package. Coffee is my favourite drink and if NCL did a coffee package I would buy it

The Coffee Card on Princess was great for our last 14-day cruise. $33 for all the fresh brewed coffee you can drink +15 specialty coffees and you can redeem any remaining specialty punches on future cruises.

The Coffee Card on Princess was great for our last 14-day cruise. $33 for all the fresh brewed coffee you can drink +15 specialty coffees and you can redeem any remaining specialty punches on future cruises.
As far as I can tell, the free coffee machines on NCL serve brewed coffee, not coffee from concentrate. Some of them even make grinding noises when you push the button :p

That is what we will do. With the amount of water I drink, I'm not going to pay for each bottle. The tap water on our last cruise tasted just like the water in our hot tub smells. Hopefully that's not the case this time!

You might want to consider a refillable filtered water bottle. Brita as well as several other companies make them. The filter is built into the bottle itself so it's always good tasting regardless of the source.