Clothes Hangers in Cabin Closet

Chunder Worthy

We both prefer to hang our clothes as much as possible. So, two questions:

1. How many hangers do you suppose (or know) are in a balcony cabin on the Emerald Princess; and

2. Should there not be enough would the ship/cabin steward be inclined to provide us another, say, 10, should we ask nicely?

1. How many hangers do you suppose (or know) are in a balcony cabin on the Emerald Princess; and

2. Should there not be enough would the ship/cabin steward be inclined to provide us another, say, 10, should we ask nicely?

I am not sure of the official number, but we never have problems getting extra from the steward

Stewart will bring you as many as you want.

Usually the wire ones left by prior passengers.

There are several wooden hangers in the closet and, as others have noted, you can easily get as many as you want.

We normally get into our room and the steward will show up to say hi and to see if we need anything. It is then that we say "More hangers, please" and like magic, they appear!

You can always get as many hangers as you need. But one problem with the wood hangers--my slacks are always sliding off; so I always bring a few with rubberized tubes like you get from the cleaners or fabric covered ones. Eliminates a nagging problem.

As others have said, no problems getting extra hangers.

What we do now when packing for a cruise, we place each shirt and/or pair of slacks on a metal hanger and place one of the clear plastic bags (that cover our clothes when we get clothes back from cleaners) over each hanger (with shirt/slacks) on it. This helps keep our clothes from wrinkling horribly as instead of clothes rubbing against each other and wrinkling, the plastic bags just slide against each other, keep clothes from wrinkling too bad. Once we get to the ship cabin, we just hang the clothes already on the hangers in the closet. We hardly ever have to iron/press our clothes now. At home, we do send shirts to the cleaner often to be laundered/pressed and we end up saving the clear plastic bags until we feel we have enough for our next cruise and just store them until needed.

You can always get as many hangers as you need. But one problem with the wood hangers--my slacks are always sliding off; so I always bring a few with rubberized tubes like you get from the cleaners or fabric covered ones. Eliminates a nagging problem.

I have metal skirt/trouser hangers with clips to secure the garment safely. Bought a pack of 3 from my local supermarket Coles (don't know the USA equivalent sorry :( ) but may I respectfully suggest looking in the laundry aisle of your local supermarket, that's where I found mine. I leave a 3 pack permanently in the suitcase, adding extras if I need to bring more than 2 extra skirts, so far with doing laundry not yet! HTH.

I've learned such lots of useful information from the forum, glad to have a chance to possibly help someone else.

Crochetcruise :cool:

There are quite a few wooden hangers in the closet area and if you need more, just ask. Some of the hangers have metal clips for hanging pants, some don't.

555298f05b03eab6931fe5ff8696c14c.jpg

THANK YOU PAM! 3 less items to pack! I'm consciously trying to multi-task as many items as I can as I have 2 nights in my State Capital, then fly to Sydney and have 3 nights with my cousins on their new property before being brought back to Sydney to embark the Golden Princess sailing down to Melbourne where I'm overnighting to research a Disabled Accessible hotel recommended by a friend of mine, looks to be the best I've ever seen, then flying home! I'll be away 9 nights, with access to laundry facilities so just need to allow for the cost of the Laundromat at the hotels, a little "Thank You for Having Me gift for my cousins-already got a useful idea" and the Laundromat at the hotel in Melbourne if I absolutely NEED something done before I get home. 1 skirt will definitely need hanging, the other 2 don't seem to show the creases as badly as the "business skirt" does! And they're both el-cheapo chain store buys so go figure! They're actually far more convenient than my good skirt is, but I am bringing it for the evening at Sabatinis and Crown Grill, intend to be reasonably smart and tidy.

rochetcruise :cool:

I have metal skirt/trouser hangers with clips to secure the garment safely. Bought a pack of 3 from my local supermarket Coles (don't know the USA equivalent sorry :( ) but may I respectfully suggest looking in the laundry aisle of your local supermarket, that's where I found mine. I leave a 3 pack permanently in the suitcase, adding extras if I need to bring more than 2 extra skirts, so far with doing laundry not yet! HTH.

I've learned such lots of useful information from the forum, glad to have a chance to possibly help someone else.

Crochetcruise :cool:

I use those too. In fact I leave them on my trousers when I pack them then I can hang them straight out of the suitcase, and take extra as required.

Similar to these http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Skirt-Trouser-Hanger-Total/dp/B00WABIYKU. They are very lightweight.

Princess also has hangers like this in the cabin.

Yes, but they are bulky wooden ones and take up a lot of railing space. I prefer to use those for tops and have my pants on my own lightweight hangers.

I use those too. In fact I leave them on my trousers when I pack them then I can hang them straight out of the suitcase, and take extra as required.

Similar to these http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Skirt-Trouser-Hanger-Total/dp/B00WABIYKU. They are very lightweight.

THANK YOU! That's a useful tip and will save forgetting to pack the hanger! Which I plead guilty to doing on more than 1 occasion :confused:

Still on the lookout to replace my grey tshirt/short sleeved polo top so I can mix and match shirts and skirts with just the 1 jacket for warmth. I'll be away 9 nights in total, fitting in 2 family visits, the cruise and overnighting in Melbourne the disembarkation port to check out a particular hotel recommended for it's wonderful Disabled Accessibility-the website photos of the bathroom have me DROOLIN in anticipation of a purpose-built rather than a Modified shower WHICH DOESN'T FLOOD THE BATHROOM FLOOR FOR A CHANGE! Even using ALL the 4 provided towels and the bath mat didn't protect from spills, the housemaid quickly provided extra bath mat and towels the next morning for me which did help safety-wise

Crochetcruise :cool:.

There are normally lots of hangers but if you need more your steward will be more than happy to get more for you. We pack a lot of items on hangers in a folding wardrobe type suitcase and when it arrives in our cabin we simply remove garments from the suitcase and hang them directly in the closet....it certainly saves a lot of time unpacking.