One more question...thanks in advance!

ItalianGuest

Hi!

My next cruise is scheduled to arrive in Copenaghen at 7.00am and I have booked a flight from CPH terminal 2 at 11.05am.

Which is according to your previous experience the safer method in order to arrive at the airport on time?

HAL transfer or a taxi?

Are taxis usually available immediately or it could take a long time?

Thanks!

ItalianGuest

I must qualify that I have never been to Copenaghen but, in my experience, the taxi would be the quicker choice. The HAL transfer must wait until it is full and then will go to all terminals and off load people and luggage. I have no idea how far the port is from the airport. You may want to consider self disembarkation where you carry your own luggage from the ship and get off first.

The ship may arrive a 7:00 but that doesn't mean you will be permitted to leave at 7:00. Customs and Immigration will be first and everyone on the ship will have to be cleared. But again, never having been to this port I am not sure at all about the procedure.

I know the airport in San Diego is only 3 km from the port and the only direct flight left at 10:50 but I booked a hotel for one night as that was just too tight a timeframe for my liking.

Since you're supposed to be at the terminal 2 hours before an international flight I think you are cutting it close. I doubt that it's even possible to get a HAL transfer for that early a flight, and anyway that would be far slower than a taxi. There will be a line of taxis waiting, but there's no telling how long the people line will be. We've never gone directly from the ship to the airport in Copenhagen, but I would guess it's about a 10 mile, 30 minute ride in morning traffic. Definitely get off the ship as early as possible. Good luck. :)

Edited by catl331

Taxi for sure - no question :). Can you self disembark? (take your own luggage off and get off first thing)

I agree with cat133 - that flight is a tad too early for my liking but if you can self disembark and assuming the ship is cleared on time and you can get off as planned you would most likely be o.k.

If the flight is changeable or not booked yet, and if early morning flights are all that's available, may I be so bold as to suggest staying in Copenhagen overnight and leaving the next day. It's a beautiful city and you could enjoy a bit of it and then leave the next day with no stress or worries.

Just a thought.

Copenhagen is a wonderful, charming very walkable city. It would be shame for you to not get a taste of it if at all possible. Your idea of an 11:05 A.M. flight is cutting it too close for comfort IMO I would not risk it.

We did land trips to Copenhagen a number of times and I love that city.

Thank you all for your precious help!

So go for a TAXI!

I've already booked the flight.:(

Fortunately the airport is not so far away.

I cross my fingers!

I assume,so, that it would be possibile to have a self-debarkation with HAL...am I right?

Once again thank you very much!

ItalianGuest

I assume,so, that it would be possibile to have a self-debarkation with HAL...am I right?

Yes, HAL has self-disembarkation. Plan for that to be about 7:30 (+/- a few minutes), assuming the ship arrives and is cleared in a timely fashion.

You MUST be able to handle all your own luggage without assistance while disembarking. Also, you won't be the only ones doing self-disembark, so there will be more than a few others aiming for the same taxi line that you are.

Good luck with that timing.

Yes, HAL has self-disembarkation. Plan for that to be about 7:30 (+/- a few minutes), assuming the ship arrives and is cleared in a timely fashion.

You MUST be able to handle all your own luggage without assistance while disembarking. Also, you won't be the only ones doing self-disembark, so there will be more than a few others aiming for the same taxi line that you are.

Good luck with that timing.

Thank you very much RuthC!

Ciao

IG