Labadee Haiti what to do that is free?

princessh

What is there to do on the Island that is free? I have not been reading the best reviews about the Water park and Dragons breath water slide. I have 2 boys ages 12 and 20

One is shure CC members will give you direction to freebies. But when taking up a free option, one asks that you do make a donation to the earthquake charity fund. It could be tax deductable

This way all will benefit. :)

What is there to do on the Island that is free? I have not been reading the best reviews about the Water park and Dragons breath water slide. I have 2 boys ages 12 and 20

Other than the waterslide (slower than mud) by Columbus Cove, there really isn't anything. The least expensive we found was renting a kayak (not the excursion) for myself ands GS (12). $15 each, and we paddled around Nellie's Cove; Barefoot Bay; and Columbus Cove for about an hour. Then we snorkeled in Nellie's Bay for the rest of the afternoon.

It's a beach stop. It's also not an island but a private beach, in an isolated part of Haiti. It's just like going to any other beach, but much nicer! You have access to the ship all day. They bring the food off the ship, and you eat lunch on the beach. Lunch is also available on the ship. You can rent beach mats, and snorkel gear also. You can also shop (it's free if you don't buy). The water park is for kids, not adults, and serously doubt your 12 year old would not like it, unless, he doesn't like bounce houses on water. Dragons Breath is not a water slide. It's a zip line, and it's awesome, but expensive. They also have a "you control the speed" roller coaster. It's also would be fun for any 12 year old to do.

Other than the waterslide (slower than mud) by Columbus Cove, there really isn't anything. The least expensive we found was renting a kayak (not the excursion) for myself ands GS (12). $15 each, and we paddled around Nellie's Cove; Barefoot Bay; and Columbus Cove for about an hour. Then we snorkeled in Nellie's Bay for the rest of the afternoon.

When did the water slide become free.....................

I know its not worth paying for but last summer you still had to pay to use it.

Later

When did the water slide become free.....................

I know its not worth paying for but last summer you still had to pay to use it.

Later

We haven't been there since July 2012, and it was free then.

Do they still do the cultural dance exhibition in the small amphitheater near the covered market? I did this on my first stop to Labadee 6yrs and thought it was quite good. I've been many times since and didn't go looking for it. We usually make Labadee a beach stop...enjoy the buffet and use our drink package for Labadoozies. Renting a floating mat is a nominal expense and, if you enjoy hanging out in the water, is worth every cent.

So not like Cococay where they charge you $20? Do they also dig the whole for you? :p

They stuck one in the ground for us. I think we tipped the attendant $5.