laundry bags on serenade

thanks for all help so far

another question please. we are doing the 16 night TA from Copenhagen on Serenade on 30 august 15

can someone tell me what days will the $25 laundry bags be offered. I am starting to organise our clothes and have decided to reduce amount by availing of this service

tia. Marie

thanks for all help so far

another question please. we are doing the 16 night TA from Copenhagen on Serenade on 30 august 15

can someone tell me what days will the $25 laundry bags be offered. I am starting to organise our clothes and have decided to reduce amount by availing of this service

tia. Marie

The bags are $30 now, and you should ask your stateroom attendant about the bag schedule.

Not sure if you know this, but the laundry bag offer is for specific items only. Included are t-shirts, bathing suits, underwear, pajamas, shorts, and socks. Anything else will be charged to your account at the going rate. Also, the items are not ironed - they come back wrinkled. :p

On a 7 night cruise, you can start looking for the bag on Day 3 or so; it actually may be hanging in your cabin when you arrive, for later use. Ask your cabin attendant if you can send it out when you need, though.

We did a similar cruise only eastbound. The wash n' fold bag was not available until day 5, and we had to ask for a second one. Our cabin attendant let us know it's pretty much your choice. You also need to plan on up to two days to get your laundry returned to your cabin.

The bags hold quite a bit if you roll your items. We stick with light shirts/t-shirts, shorts, socks, underwear and pjs.

brilliant, thanks for replies. Day 5 is great and if we can get another on possibly day 10 then we can reduce the amount of above items, that would make a difference to our baggage allowance and I can bring extra shoes lol:D

brilliant, thanks for replies. Day 5 is great and if we can get another on possibly day 10 then we can reduce the amount of above items, that would make a difference to our baggage allowance and I can bring extra shoes lol:D

If you turn in the bag in the morning, you will usually get the clothes back around 5pm the next day. If you turn in the bag in the evening, it could take two days to get the clothes back.

Edited by clarea

During Allure Eastbound TA last April (12 nights) we had the bags available on days 4, 7 and 10, if I recall correctly. At least the first one was day 4, because I have a photo of the bag, dated 22.4.2015 and the cruise left Apr 19.

I had some clear tape with me, because we used it to attach the luggage tags. I rolled all garments tightly and closed the bag with the tape. Managed to squeeze in 4 pairs of socks, 2 shorts, 7 t-shirts and 15 pieces of underwear. :D

The bag costs 30 USD, but at least Platinum discount was 5USD. I think the discount is only once per person, so we put first time my folder number and my husband's on the second time to be sure to get the discount.

I wish they offered something better then those small paper bags, I have had to ask for two when rying to get husbands pants etc & any of my clothes in, although it helped when I rolled the pants last time.

The $30 wash-n-fold bag is not paper. It is plastic.

Carol we did a wash n fold last year on the ROS but honestly can't recall the bag, could have been plastic. We try and do one load before the end so we pack clean clothes and not have much to do when we get home. Miryam I like the lugage tag idea, because during our Transpacific, I didn't get a pair of shorts back and DH got a paif of Cargo Shorts that wasn't his. I got my shorts but don't know if the gentleman ever got his back which I turned into Guest Relations. That little lag they put on the clothes came off on my shorts.

Edited by Desert Cruizers