Beach Limerz?

lenetere

On 11/25/2019 at 7:43 AM, boblerm said:

This is from the information that was sent to me for my visit last February:

We can arrange for a taxi to meet you at the port.  Currently the fare is US$5 per person each way for a minimum of 4 persons. Less than 4 persons then the price is $6 per person. The fares are recommended by the Antigua Taxi Association. We have no interest in the taxi business but are happy to make the arrangements for you if you wish; this works well for us since we know the drivers we recommend and can vouch for them. The fare is the same whether we make the arrangements for you or you grab a taxi yourself. Fortunately we are pretty close to the dock and it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to get to us. 

We offer Day Passes as well as Pay As You Go Options (Paygos).  The Day Pass is an all inclusive 'ticket' so to speak which includes beach loungers, umbrellas and watersports equipment and of course food and drink.  If you love fabulous food or enjoy kayaking or trying out some Stand up paddle boarding or just floating on a cabana then these are all included in the Day Pass.  Of course if you'd like to try some absolutely fabulous cocktails or nibbles from our regular menus -  you can certainly do so; prices are specially discounted for holders of Day Passes. The price per Day Pass is USD65 per person and a deposit of USD30 per person is required to confirm a reservation... see attached for additional Day Pass information

The Pay As You Go option also requires a reservation and the deposit is US$25 per person which would go towards the rental of beach furniture or watersports equipment or Food & Drink. Our only expectation is that our Paygo guests use up their Paygo deposit in its entirety  as this is a non-refundable deposit unless of course your ship doesn't make it to port or there is a thunderstorm preventing use of the beach etc  As an examplea couple would rent 2 beach chairs (USD10), an umbrella(USD10)  and spend at least USD15 per person in drinks or food or whatever.  There is no obligation to spend more than USD25 per person. To clarify further, with the PAYGO option you'd pay separately for everything - Chairs (USD5 ea), Umbrellas (USD10 ea), Kayaks (USD20), Stand Up paddle board USD20;  Rum Punch US10 ea etc.

Our regular menu, which you may choose from, includes an array of seafood such as Lobster, Mussels, Salmon, Mahi and even Shark (yep our conch fritters and shark bites are  to die for) and of course we do great  'landfood' such as Rib Eye, Striploin,  Pork Chops,  and so much more!  And yes, just for all you over-21s - libations galore!!!!!!!!!  Margaritas, Mojitos and Pina Coladas abound but we encourage everyone to also try our Tropicocomocoloco, Scorpion Sting, 'Limerz Passion and ...  well there are just so very many!!  

The all inclusive option is indeed all inclusive, but the menu is limited.  Unless you drink a lot,I recommend the pay as you go, as you have many more choices.
I do not recall that there was snorkling there.

Bob

How do you pay to reserve?  Do you book online or through PayPal?

I took about 30 of us to Beach Limerz last week.  Great little beach bar.  Sand was great.   No significant dropoff at the beach.   There was a nice little surf action but not dangerous.   We had a great time.   Most of us did their paygo option.    Royal Caribbean will be building their Royal Beach Club down the beach soon.   This lovely quiet beach is going to change in the future.

15 hours ago, Clubber said:

I took about 30 of us to Beach Limerz last week.  Great little beach bar.  Sand was great.   No significant dropoff at the beach.   There was a nice little surf action but not dangerous.   We had a great time.   Most of us did their paygo option.    Royal Caribbean will be building their Royal Beach Club down the beach soon.   This lovely quiet beach is going to change in the future.

Oh no...

This is quite a long beach with only Miller's and Beach Limerz on it.  I have to say that the beach is largely deserted most of the time.  But this is very interesting just the same.  Beaches in Antigua are public.  Even the wretched Sandals cannot stop the public from using the beach at Dickensen so what is going to happen here?  Maybe the club will be off beach behind a fence, like Sandals, but RCCL won't like it.  OTOH, given that the beach is quiet anyway, there would be no point in people suddenly flocking there if they can't get into the club.

Does anyone have a snapshot of their menu ? I'm going to be doing the Paygo option but wanted to figure out what I can get with the amount of credit I'm putting down. Also, as part of their water activities inventory, all that they have is listed above? I'm looking for something my toddler can play with/on.  Thanks

We have not yet visited Beach Limerz but we will be there in early March on our second one-day port visit to Antigua. It has been a pleasure conversing by email this past week with Gail.  She is prompt, thorough and welcoming. We very much look forward to our day at Beach Limerz.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/25/2019 at 7:43 AM, boblerm said:

s. 

We offer Day Passes as well as Pay As You Go Options (Paygos).  The Day Pass is an all inclusive 'ticket' so to speak which includes beach loungers, umbrellas and watersports equipment and of course food and drink.  If you love fabulous food or enjoy kayaking or trying out some Stand up paddle boarding or just floating on a cabana then these are all included in the Day Pass.  Of course if you'd like to try some absolutely fabulous cocktails or nibbles from our regular menus -  you can certainly do so; prices are specially discounted for holders of Day Passes. The price per Day Pass is USD65 per person and a deposit of USD30 per person is required to confirm a reservation... see attached for additional Day Pass information

The all inclusive option is indeed all inclusive, but the menu is limited.  Unless you drink a lot,I recommend the pay as you go, as you have many more choices.
I do not recall that there was snorkling there.

Bob

Super late to this thread, but, considering Limerz for next month.  You said the day pass in AI, but, the letter you posted says cocktails and nibbles are specially discounted.  Which is it?  I'm not interested in water sports, just looking for beach, food and drink.  Thanks.  The limerz website does not list prices .

15 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

Super late to this thread, but, considering Limerz for next month.  You said the day pass in AI, but, the letter you posted says cocktails and nibbles are specially discounted.  Which is it?  I'm not interested in water sports, just looking for beach, food and drink.  Thanks.  The limerz website does not list prices .

Never too late!🙂

I went there so long ago, and memory fades, but I do recall that for me the pay as you go option was way better, and it sounds like it would be for you as well if you only want beach, food and drink.

I suggest that you contact Gail at info@beachlimerz.com , and she will be happy to fill you in on all of the updated information.

Have a great time, and if you do go there, perhaps you can check back here and let us know how it was.

Bob

• Like 1

Maureen - Check and make sure you can leave the ship in Antiqua without booking a bubble tour first.

On 10/4/2021 at 11:09 AM, boblerm said:

Never too late!🙂

I went there so long ago, and memory fades, but I do recall that for me the pay as you go option was way better, and it sounds like it would be for you as well if you only want beach, food and drink.

I suggest that you contact Gail at info@beachlimerz.com , and she will be happy to fill you in on all of the updated information.

Have a great time, and if you do go there, perhaps you can check back here and let us know how it was.

Bob

I would check on regulations.  As of this week it appears that the only way off the ship in Antiqua is to book and excursion thru the ship.  They call them Bubble Excursions, because you will only be around bubbles of those vaccinated.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been to Limerz since the bubble excursion rules have been lifted?  We were there pre-pandemic and had a fabulous day but I don't know how things have shaken out over the last two years. We will be in Antigua in December and I'd like to go back if they are still operating as before.

1 hour ago, ellenh said:

Has anyone been to Limerz since the bubble excursion rules have been lifted?  We were there pre-pandemic and had a fabulous day but I don't know how things have shaken out over the last two years. We will be in Antigua in December and I'd like to go back if they are still operating as before.

I'll let you know, I'll be there next week. They are certainly open, this will be my first visit, but seems to be the same offerings - AI or PAYGO, transpo arranged, etc. 

Gail has been  a delight to deal with

• Like 2

8 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

I'll let you know, I'll be there next week. They are certainly open, this will be my first visit, but seems to be the same offerings - AI or PAYGO, transpo arranged, etc. 

Gail has been  a delight to deal with

Oh thanks so much!  We enjoyed it so much two years ago I'm hoping we can work it out this next cruise.

5 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

02 Dec 2021

Don’t hesitate to book your day here.

Waiter Marvin must be used to fussy ship passengers, because he pointed out where the waves cause a drop, and how to navigate, without being asked.

C3392A06-50C9-4B46-AB9C-09C593554D0F.thumb.jpeg.0fe32d200d7d67195a831d97f249e229.jpegFF7FBA6E-A965-4A71-ACCB-B06CF55DF3B3.thumb.jpeg.51eb110849c19b0e95b1342415601cdc.jpeg

was anyone snorkeling there?  We were there 5 years ago on a land vacation but for dinner.  Nicest people.

• 10 months later...
On 12/2/2021 at 5:59 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

I did not see anyone snorkeling, but it’s a beautiful sandy bottom, so I doubt there is anything to see.

To the previous point, there was no drop off at all, just a gradual water entry and you could easily walk in as far as you want. 

How was transport to and from the beach?