Aqua Class Guarenteed Staterooms

formula11

That's really strange and seems unfair. They won't let you change to a cabin in the same category that you were assigned?

Correct. There are many other discrepancies as to what we can do versus USA people, even using the same website. We don't get reduced deposits as CC members even though that is stayed on the website. Trying reducing the deposit to 50% and you get an error.

• 3 weeks later...

I am thinking about booking a guarantee AQ cabin on Summit to Bermuda BUT we are traveling with another couple. If we both book guarantee, is there a way to assure we will be next to each other, as we love to sit out on the adjoining balconies.

Be aware that on the Summit, Deck 9 (AQ2) balcony dividers cannot be opened. You will not be able to sit out in a shared space. We were a bit disappointed to find this on our recent trip where we had 3 adjacent cabins. Don't know about the Deck 11 (AQ1) balconies.

I am thinking about booking a guarantee AQ cabin on Summit to Bermuda BUT we are traveling with another couple. If we both book guarantee, is there a way to assure we will be next to each other, as we love to sit out on the adjoining balconies.

No, although if the reservations are linked you might get lucky.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Highly unlikely you will be assigned next door...but if you are assigned a cabin in the same exact class as your friends (A1 or A2) and the cabin next door opens up...you can call your TA or celebrity and request to change to that cabin. It must be in the exact same category...A1 to A1 or A2 to A2.

This does not apply to those in the UK...not sure about other countries and their "rules"

Highly unlikely you will be assigned next door...but if you are assigned a cabin in the same exact class as your friends (A1 or A2) and the cabin next door opens up...you can call your TA or celebrity and request to change to that cabin. It must be in the exact same category...A1 to A1 or A2 to A2.

This does not apply to those in the UK...not sure about other countries and their "rules"

I actually got assigned cabins next door to each other when I booked 2 AQ GTY cabins on Summit last year. We were traveling with my son and his girlfriend, so I switched cabins so we were not next door to them :).

Edited by MisterBill99

I actually got assigned cabins next door to each other when I booked 2 AQ GTY cabins on Summit last year. We were traveling with my son and his girlfriend, so I switched cabins so we were not next door to them :).
.......and here all along we have been thinking that we are the only ones who prefer not to be right next door to family members. :D

.......and here all along we have been thinking that we are the only ones who prefer not to be right next door to family members. :D

Nope. In fact I have 3 cabins booked for an upcoming cruise with my son and daughter and their friends and put one cabin between each of us.

We were next door to friends on Oasis in March and our friend wanted to open the balcony divider and I said no. I didn't need her coming over and knocking on our balcony door to get in.

Edited by MisterBill99

So you were assigned your cabin after 3 days? If you book a guarenteed room, I thought you only found out what cabin your in when you board. I didn't know you found out so quickly & there's an option to request a different one if your don't want anything too forward or aft. Still learning all this :)

We booked Aqua Gty two days ago for the July 19 sailing. We were assigned a room within less than 3 hours, on deck 11.

Edited by Arzeena

I booked a AQ guarantee two months ago on the Equinox and have not got a cabin assignment yet. I book guarantees on Princess also and sometimes don't get a cabin assignment until after final payments are made. What can I expect from Celebrity?

Silhouette, 2/26/17, Summit, 5/8/16 Equinox 2/22/16 HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 points, NCL 28 days, Princess Elite 228 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity Elite+ 757 points

I booked a AQ guarantee two months ago on the Equinox and have not got a cabin assignment yet. I book guarantees on Princess also and sometimes don't get a cabin assignment until after final payments are made. What can I expect from Celebrity?

Silhouette, 2/26/17, Summit, 5/8/16 Equinox 2/22/16 HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 points, NCL 28 days, Princess Elite 228 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity Elite+ 757 points

I received mine 2 days after final payment. That seems the usual trigger.

Edited by Pushka

I received mine 2 days after final payment. That seems the usual trigger.

We booked Summit AQ Gty last week (1 month before sailing) and cabin assigned 2 days later. From other board reports, Gtys can be assigned within a week after booking but you can't always count on that. Good Luck

We booked Summit AQ Gty last week (1 month before sailing) and cabin assigned 2 days later. From other board reports, Gtys can be assigned within a week after booking but you can't always count on that. Good Luck

So you made final payment when you booked?

We are on the Infinity next Feb on a b2b. We have a cabin assignment in AQ on the second leg, but the first is a GTY AQ. I booked this last February and we still do not have a cabin. All categories except for insides and ocean view are sold out. I need to get our air so am a little concerned. I am hopeful we will get a cabin. Should I be concerned? Our reservation states it is booked but cannot sign up for the Connectionc Party because we have no cabin assignment. This is the first time for a guarantee. We wanted AQ and that was all that was available.

Pearl

I need to get our air so am a little concerned. I am hopeful we will get a cabin. Should I be concerned? Our reservation states it is booked but cannot sign up for the Connections Party because we have no cabin assignment. This is the first time for a guarantee. We wanted AQ and that was all that was available.

It's still several months before final payment is due. I'm not an expert, but I'm sure that many people (and travel agencies) who have cabins reserved will drop them before then and something will free up for you. Presumably Celebrity knows what they are doing and expects that they will have an AQ or better cabin available for you and anyone else who booked GTY.

Has anyone ever heard of a situation where Celebrity (or any line) books a guarantee and then says "sorry, no cabin, your reservation is cancelled"?

Edited by MisterBill99