OSheehan Menu Change

shof515

I just got off the Gem and i am slightly confused about the menu change at Osheehans on the restaurant side . On various days, at 10:30pm they change the menu to that reduced menu that don't have that many choices compare to the menu during the day. One day i was able to get the chicken tenders and mozzarella sticks (cheese sticks) after 10:30pm and on other days, i was told the is no longer available after 10:30pm

Why do they do this and is this normal? After thing i noticed is the they start closing down the buffet at the garden cafe around 10/10:30ish instead of the posted time of around 11/1130 in the freestyle daily

I'm confused too. Why didn't you ask while on board?:confused:

i tried and no one was able to give me an answer. Various people i talk to, said they didn't know about the change . Others told me that they had to cutback on certain things due to lack of kitchen staff at night

i tried and no one was able to give me an answer. Various people i talk to, said they didn't know about the change . Others told me that they had to cutback on certain things due to lack of kitchen staff at night

Uh oh..... Carnival's buffet is basically non-existent after 10 pm.....wondering if Norwegian is starting to follow suit. If one didn't want the 24 hour available pizza and wait forever to get one, there were no other choices on the Breeze. Had me pining for NCL.

shortage of staff? With the increase in the DSC and the extra 18% gratuity for the specialty restaurants surely they can get a couple extra people in there at night.

Bill

There has always been a limited menu available in Blue Lagoon (O'Sheehan's) from about 10 P.M. until about 5 A.M. This has been true in all 25 of my Norwegian cruises.

then maybe they should post it in the dailies or somewhere else. When i was on the Gem back in 2012, this was not the case for me as i remember i used to be able order anything i wanted past 10pm

There has always been a limited menu available in Blue Lagoon (O'Sheehan's) from about 10 P.M. until about 5 A.M. This has been true in all 25 of my Norwegian cruises.

This has been the case for me, too, at least for the last 5 years. During that time, I've always seen 3 Blue Lagoon menus - the regular one, the limited late-night menu, and the breakfast menu.

Edited by johnql

It was the case on my NCL cruises also. Why should they post it in the dailies? You find out what the menus are when you get there, just like you did. What could seeing the info 20 yards away in a Freestyle Daily have saved you?

I went to the buffet for crepes around 10:30 one night only to be told that they closed at 10:30. There was a very limited selection at that time....pizza, hot dogs, cookies, etc. When I asked them why since the Freestyle Dailies said 11 p.m. they said not all the buffet was open until 11 p.m. and the crepe station was closed at 10:30 p.m.

Harriet

I believe it is posted somewhere, as I remember reading it. I think it may be posted on the menu's. I know at times we could not get a brownie sundae until after 10:30 p.m. Now we can't get them at all !!!!!!!!!!!! Boo Hoo, we miss them !!!!!!!

Think positive :D - the new management promised enhancement & more upscale ?? changes that we are going to like, menu & selections across the fleet by July 1st. so let's just hold our breath :eek: and cheer together then.

-

But, even back in late March on our Breakaway's Bahamas/FL run, the Garden Cafe a/k/a buffet closed nightly at 9:30 PM, starboard side remained open with limited selections as the crew began cleaning & closing off port side. And, of course - with changes in show hours (ROA & BTF) the choice was to rush to one of the remaining MDR that's open until 10 PM (or, speciality) or rush to O'Sheehans. If you waited until 11:30 PM - there's nothing open at the buffet except for the beverage station - you can get water, flavored water, coffee/decaf & hot water, and ice - all as DIY.

Keep in mind that we are looking at the bigger picture - what it is like for those in "steerage" or some of us getting exceptional VIP, CAS & special perks in Haven and/or known to NCL and/or ship's officers/crews as CC's, etc. We will see on or after July 1st. with newer reviews & post-cruise feedback ... :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Can;t people just be happy to be on a ship?This board has turned into a total whinefest. There were always pickings in the buffett late at night and there is a room service menu. Next thing you know people will be complaining about the olives.

Can;t people just be happy to be on a ship?This board has turned into a total whinefest. There were always pickings in the buffett late at night and there is a room service menu. Next thing you know people will be complaining about the olives.

Well I certainly expect the olives to be pitted so I don't have to do that myself, too. I'm already going to go get my own late night cookie or I'll have to pay someone to walk a cookie half way across the boat to deliver it to my room. :-)

What kind of an update do you expect? As several people have told, this has been the standard procedure on all NCL ships for years already.

Menu changes were supposed to be July 1st, I have yet to see anyone post about them and I personally would not mind seeing what the changes have been.

Rochelle

When I sailed the Epic in 2013, the menu change at O'Sheehans happened at 11:00 PM, not 10:30, so this is a slight cut back. Also, the crepes were available until AT LEAST 11:00 PM, another slight cut back. Therefore, these new times have not ALWAYS been around and I'm glad I heard it here, so I won't go looking for cheese sticks (yummy) at 10:30.

I could still find something to eat at O'Sheehans, even from the limited menu, and it was a better option than just pizza :)