Now I Have Heard Everything

nukesubsailor

Yep majority rules, however sometimes I change because I am convinced that THAT person is right.

One I came equal first because SHE wouldn't listen to me.

But then again does anyone's DW.

Yep Never Land or Never Never Land.

But to be fair you got marked out on Marriage Vows v Secrets.

I must have been drinking, I don't remember either question or answer. I suppose it was after breakfast.:cool:

Edited by MicCanberra

We love to play trivia and win several times each cruise. We're not fanatics but it is more fun to win than to lose. Have met some wonderful people playing trivia and it's good, cheap fun (and cheap prizes!) On our last crossing, one of the teams lit up their cellphone to see what the bottom letters were on a QWERTY keyboard. The presenter saw it and properly embarrassed them. (BTW we beat them anyway.) :D

We love to play trivia and win several times each cruise. We're not fanatics but it is more fun to win than to lose. Have met some wonderful people playing trivia and it's good, cheap fun (and cheap prizes!) On our last crossing, one of the teams lit up their cellphone to see what the bottom letters were on a QWERTY keyboard. The presenter saw it and properly embarrassed them. (BTW we beat them anyway.) :D

Good for you!!! I love it. I like to play but not good at it.

Tony

What pleasure do they get out of it.

I enjoy trivia

1. It keeps the mind active

2. Competing when I have pitted my memory and knowledge against others is fun

3. I have met some nice people joining teams

It seems that googling the answer pretty much defeats all three.

I was on a cruise a few years back on the Sapphire Princess where, one night, they played something called "Princess Jeopardy"...

Questions were read in categories with differing point values...and, IIRC, they handed out little fake money vouchers...At the end of the game came "Final Jeopardy" and each team had to send one member up to the front...and had to bet some amount--up to all--of the money they amassed on that one question...

Now, my team had done pretty well...in fact, we answered almost all of the questions correctly...and had far more money to wager on that final question than anyone...and I bet all of it...and got it right. No way we lose, right?

Well, after the final question, everyone went back to their teams...and the asst. cruise director hosting it started doing the thing with "Who has more than $2,000? Who has more than $3,000?", etc...all the way up until there were only two teams left--mine and this one guy sitting near the back of the room...

So, she asks how much we had...and we gave her the number...

Then she asks the guy in the back of the room...and he claims to have $1,000 more than us!

So, they're giving him a bottle of champagne...and, meanwhile, I''m doing some quick calculations in my head. If you added up all of the point values...IOW, if someone got EVERY question correct...and then bet the entire amount on final Jeopardy, you'd come up with a number slightly more than ours (remember, we had gotten nearly every question correct). The number this guy claimed was MATHEMATICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!

The next day, they had another, more typical trivia contest...This time, I glanced at the back of the room...and there was this same guy again...all by himself...At the end of the questions, the host said to change papers with another team. I noticed this guy was making no move to exchange answer sheets with anyone, so I grabbed our paper and went over to him and asked to trade papers. (Before he quickly covered up his paper, I also noticed that out of about 20 questions, he had left about 12-14 of them blank). He refused to trade papers, then got up and left the room...

I think the prize that time was Princess luggage tags...

Seriously!

If you have to cheat to win then you are already a loser... if you brag about winning when you cheat then your just a delusional loser.

What's the use of winning if you didn't really win? Certainly not the prizes? If you are playing for the prizes you are more delusional than the cheaters.

We love to play trivia, but we really don't care if we win or not. It's just a blast to meet new people (teams) and have fun trying to guess at what we ought to or probably use to know.

Tom

Maybe, but there are also some ultra-competitive people that just can't handle losing at anything, regardless of whether the prize is little more than bragging rights. I have a couple of friends like that. I refuse to play anything but co-op board games with them :)