What do you carry on to the cruise ship (rather than leave with porters)

Kryssa

Just curious -

Do you give your porters all luggage other than your valuables?

Or do you keep a carry-on bag with a change of clothes or two just in case your luggage goes missing?

Or something else?

Keep valuables and ipad/ ipod with us on carry on.

I pack meds, change of underwear, toiletry bag, documents including my to-do list & packing list, all confirmations, passport, ID, cash, jewelry, camera, 1 book, 2 snacks, 2 bottles of water, plus last minute stuff (whatever won't fit in my 1 suitcase) & a CPAP with extension cord. Plus, I make sure I have a luggage tag & a personal tag with ID on it. Everything but the CPAP is packing in a small roll-on, then I put the CPAP on top so I don't have to carry it.

Edited by PTAngel

We carry on everything since we never check luggage. We each have a wheeled carry on plus backpack. It's not an issue since we arrive after one and can go to our room right away. I think on one cruise we sat for maybe 10 minutes before we could drop off our stuff.

Do you only do short cruises?

We Carry on for most cruises under say 7 days, but once we go over that we find we have too much stuff

I've done as much as 19 nights out of a 22" rollerbag and backpack. It's very liberating. Next year we're going for 24 (or so) nights and I'm aiming for the same combination.

We Carry on for most cruises under say 7 days, but once we go over that we find we have too much stuff

No, every trip. Short cruises makes it a whole lot lighter.

We've got two two week trips- with cruises in them- coming up. Carry on only.

Many years ago, on our second trip to Europe, we did a lot of work to go extra light. Worked really well, so ever since then, we travel as light as we possibly can. And on cruises- we really pay attention to the clothing we bring back that were unused- noting whether it's the ship or itinerary or whatever reason it was not used.

The hardest trips to do carry on are for winter.

In hard-sided carry on: 2 bottles of wine, Small amount of pop, couple boxes of candy (theater style), gum, mints, batteries, chargers, Prescriptions, Jewelry, swim suits.

In shoulder bag: travel documents, money, credit cards, phone, tablet, magazines, camera.

Just curious -

Or do you keep a carry-on bag with a change of clothes or two just in case your luggage goes missing?

Or something else?

Besides carrying on his CPAP case my husband has a backpack with all his meds, swim trunks, change of clothes, camera/charger, cell phone chargers, sunglasses.

His front shirtpockets, flapover button, have wallet, passport, cell phone.

My purse has our extra cash besides my wallet, passport, camera, our extra glasses my sunglasses, cell phone, and travel items from our flights.

My carryon has several pairs of my earrings, change of clothes, bathing suit, ipad/charger, camera charger, and folder with all our cruise/flight/tour info and/or reservations.

Our two checked bags are crosspacked so clothes for each of us are in each bag.

If a bag goes astray we will still each have clothes.

If both bags go astray we will at least have a change of clothes in carryon and won't have lost any valuables.

Edited by NMLady

Carry-on luggage from now on, never want to go through drama of checked cruise luggage ever again. Luckily only the handle to the bag was broken but that wait for it to deliver at 8pm was long and torturous (it was checked in at like 10am)...

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Do it for longer cruises when we don't take our snorkeling gear and fins.

We've always joked that we take as much for a three day as we do for a week. Gone longer than that we wash.

If your luggage doesn't show up look next to guest services. Usually a pile of luggage without tags somewhere near there.

Edited by SadieN

Just curious -

Or something else?

Last few cruises everything we needed fitted into one roller bag and backup/person so nothing to porters for embarkation or dismebarkation. yes my suite and shoes fitted in too :D

Last few cruises everything we needed fitted into one roller bag and backup/person so nothing to porters for embarkation or dismebarkation. yes my suite and shoes fitted in too :D

That must have been a Tardis or Mary Poppins type roller bag to fit your suite in as well :D. Thanks for the chuckle, darn typos.

Valuables, important medication - not vitamins, electronics, camera and a fresh top & underwear for just in case. I admire people who can just travel with carry on luggage but can only do it for short journeys as I get bored with the same clothes. I do know how to change things with accessories but prefer more variety.:o