Two questions : passport and residency rate

Passport - RC says name on reservation must match exactly to name on passport. Does that include middle initial? My boyfriend has his middle initial on his state ID, so he was going to add it to his passport the same way - but the RC reservation does not have his middle name...does that matter?

Residency rate - we got a good discount for Illinois residents - to show proof, does that mean we just show our license/ID when we check in at pier?

thanks!

Can I still add his middle name to the reservation? I looked online, but there is no place to add a middle name.

Our cruise isn't until November, but I don't want him to leave his middle name off his passport - that will cause way more trouble down the line.

Can I still add his middle name to the reservation? I looked online, but there is no place to add a middle name.

Our cruise isn't until November, but I don't want him to leave his middle name off his passport - that will cause way more trouble down the line.

You can add the middle name in the online check-in.

Passport - RC says name on reservation must match exactly to name on passport. Does that include middle initial? My boyfriend has his middle initial on his state ID, so he was going to add it to his passport the same way - but the RC reservation does not have his middle name...does that matter?

Residency rate - we got a good discount for Illinois residents - to show proof, does that mean we just show our license/ID when we check in at pier?

thanks!

We have had to show our drivers license once for a residency rate when we were sailing out of Port Canaveral but not another time sailing out of the same port. You never know whether they will ask for proof or not. Just be prepared.

We have had to show our drivers license once for a residency rate when we were sailing out of Port Canaveral but not another time sailing out of the same port. You never know whether they will ask for proof or not. Just be prepared.

Thanks. I was just asking because I read someone who took a Disney Cruise said they were required to fax/send proof of their residency before they cruised to keep the discount! Just making sure I didn't miss that tidbit of information. :o

Thanks. I was just asking because I read someone who took a Disney Cruise said they were required to fax/send proof of their residency before they cruised to keep the discount! Just making sure I didn't miss that tidbit of information. :o

I have never heard of needing to fax proof with RCI so I think you are fine. If they required a fax, they would have informed you (hopefully:rolleyes:) when you got the rate.:)

I dealt with similar issues with my husband's name last year as his passport has his FULL name complete with 2 middle names. I just called RCCL and they were able to add both names to the booking. They also were able fix my dad's name on his booking (he has Jr on his passport and there is no spot to put the Jr in).

I received a discount for residency on an Oct. 15 cruise. On the My Cruise page there is a notice I must be prepared to show proof of residency or I will be charged the full amount.

I received a discount for residency on an Oct. 15 cruise. On the My Cruise page there is a notice I must be prepared to show proof of residency or I will be charged the full amount.

I rechecked the notice and it reads if I can't show proof of residency I will have to pay the full amount or be denied boarding.

The notice is directly below the cruise price information on the right hand side.

I rechecked the notice and it reads if I can't show proof of residency I will have to pay the full amount or be denied boarding.

The notice is directly below the cruise price information on the right hand side.

I also see this on our documents every time we have a residency discount, but we have never been asked to show proof.

I also see this on our documents every time we have a residency discount, but we have never been asked to show proof.

Same here and that's across several cruise lines. I don't think most of the check in folks really care about it. But I always have proof.

That's weird, I looked at my page, it says nothing about proof of the residency rate. I looked all over. Nothing on my final payment invoice either.

Either way, we have ID, I just wanted to make sure we didn't need to send in ahead of time.

I would make sure the names on the reservation matches what is on the passport. I was delayed once because my passport had JR after my name but the reservation did not. It just took a sort time for a supervisor to fix things but it was an issue I didn't need.

I would make sure the names on the reservation matches what is on the passport. I was delayed once because my passport had JR after my name but the reservation did not. It just took a sort time for a supervisor to fix things but it was an issue I didn't need.

Up-thread I was told I can add his middle initial when doing online check in. big relief! :)

Up-thread I was told I can add his middle initial when doing online check in. big relief! :)

This is true. Just make sure everything matches before you actually show up at the terminal to board the ship. Unfortunately, RCI's system does not allow for the addition of suffixes to names and that is what produced my issue. And to complicate matters more, they can't add the suffix to my name on the C&A data bank. So when they manually add the JR to my name it produces a mismatch between my reservation and my C&A data.

So to fix my issues I dropped the JR from my passport name years ago and never use JR on any travel documents.

Edited by Ocean Boy

That's weird, I looked at my page, it says nothing about proof of the residency rate. I looked all over. Nothing on my final payment invoice either.

Either way, we have ID, I just wanted to make sure we didn't need to send in ahead of time.

Is it possible that you don't have a residency rate?

Is it possible that you don't have a residency rate?

It says on my invoice resident rate and the discounted amount, then just goes on to talk about gratuities

Maybe I'm just missing it on the website somewhere - there is an asterisk after my totals, but that just points to a blurb about taxes...

oh well!

It says on my invoice resident rate and the discounted amount, then just goes on to talk about gratuities

Maybe I'm just missing it on the website somewhere - there is an asterisk after my totals, but that just points to a blurb about taxes...

oh well!

I've always seen the notice about proving residence in the cruise docs. I don't recall seeing it on the website, but that might be because I'm usually booked through a travel agency.

I booked my Oct. 15 cruise while on a Jan. 15 cruise. The agent did not mention a residency rate but when the booking confirmation was printed my DW and I each got a $372.00 residency discount.

I now log on to My Cruises and select the link to view the Oct. reservation number. On the right hand side is the cruise price and balance remaining information. Below that is a large box discussing all discounted fares, military, police, residency, etc. rules.

Doing a "dummy" booking now the residency rate no longer shows for the cruise.