Celebrity is still OUTSTANDING!

Tucson Guy

Just back from Alaska 10 day (7 on ship & 3 on Land). Everything was outstanding! Food, Cabin, Entertainment, Embarcation, Land tour. Even got to see Mt McKinley on two days, which was very rare. Weather cooperated except in Ketchican which is not unusual because they get 13 FEET of rain a year.

This was the friendliest crew I have ever seen. Always smiling and saying "Hello".

Enjoyed every aspect from Vancouver embarkation to Land Tour completion in Anchorage and transfer to the Airport. I strongly recommend Celebrity.

Have been reading other posts about their great cruise to Alaska on the Celebrity ships.

Thanks for weighing in after your cruise.

I think I will raise an Alaska cruise higher up on my bucket list.:)

I hope you were on the Millenium. We leave on her August 28 and can't wait.

Yes, the OP had to be on Millie as she's the only ship that does the one way Vancouver to Seward sailings (and vice versa).

We have spent most of our cruising career on RCI but last year decided to try Celebrity. We came away very impressed. In November we are taking our 2nd cruise on them.

The only thing that keeps us from sailing them more frequently is price. RCI fits our limited budget better and their balcony discounts are a big savings for us. We plan on doing an Alaska cruise in the near future and I am hoping that we can somehow do so on Celebrity.

Have been reading other posts about their great cruise to Alaska on the Celebrity ships.

Thanks for weighing in after your cruise.

I think I will raise an Alaska cruise higher up on my bucket list.:)

We are the same the more we read visa vie Alaska the more we will be booking a cruise there sooner rather than later.

We will be doing our first cruise on Celebrity in October, 15 days from Italy to Ft Lauderdale. Posts like this get me excited as we have sailed Princess, RCCL, and Carnival mainly. Really looking forward to the Celebrity experience aboard the Celebrity Silhouette.

We decided to finally take an Ocenaia cruise after all the brochures we receive!

We were curious......BUT let's just say.....we will NOT be returning to Oceania!

It made us appreciate Celebrity all that much more!

Do you mind expounding on why you feel this way and what Oceania ship you were on? We go on our first Celebrity cruise in October so always like to hear positive things. We have family that love Oceania so am curious why you didn't.

Do you mind expounding on why you feel this way and what Oceania ship you were on? We go on our first Celebrity cruise in October so always like to hear positive things. We have family that love Oceania so am curious why you didn't.

Bottom line..... food was not that much better than Celebrity. In some cases, Celebrity's is better! The service in Celebrity's MDR is much better than on O's. It seemed to me that the waiters and assistant waiters were just too busy to even come back and see if the food was to our satisfaction......consistently! not what we expected from O and not what we had been lead to believe about O.

We just finished a 16 day cruise on Marina, so it was certainly long enough to compare! For us, Celebrity is a better value.....much better! We can travel in an aft concierge cabin or a suite for less $$ and have food that is just about the same and better, more personal service. now, with the addition of the suite restaurant on Celebrity, it may just blow O right out of the water! time will tell......

The one thing I did like on O were the violinists. celebrity has done away with them. beds were great on O.

Just returned from our first Celebrity sailing. We cruised the Summit to Bermuda last week. We've cruised lots, and could only compare this ship to RCCL and Carnival.

All I can say is....WOW! We now have a new cruise line! We thought the food and service was way above what we were used to. It didn't hurt that we were able to enjoy Luminae and the best food we've ever had on the seas!

Celebrity has our business now. In fact, we booked Celebrity cruise #2 a day after we returned!

Just returned from our first Celebrity sailing. We cruised the Summit to Bermuda last week.

"]Celebrity has our business now. In fact, we booked Celebrity cruise #2 a day [/color]after we returned!

You should think of booking on board you get so much more,

Have a look on your next cruise

Edited by swigso

We were told on board that the OBC with the offer could only be used on the PRESENT cruise. We already had some OBC, and we really wanted it on the NEXT cruise so we waited until we got home to book. It all worked out....we were able to get all three of the 123 Promo plus additional OBC from the TA. Thanks, though, for mentioning it. We will continue to check the offers on board next time!