Volendam to Alaska - after the Drydock!

Vict0riann

We were on Volendam last year in the Far East and enjoyed the ship very much, so it seemed like a good thing to do to join my husband's sister and her hubby on an Alaska cruise this year. It was a surprise to them, and we met up with them in the corridor (with the connivance of our joint room steward, Jun - I think he was more excited about the whole thing than we were). :D

I took a few photos of the ship last year, so I thought I would show you some of the changes we found - mainly carpeting. I'm going to try to use Tapatalk, but may have to resort to Photobucket on occasion, as I'm having a hard time transferring photos to my iPad. :eek:

P1010231_zpsuzfnc6vi.jpg

You can get a camera connected for iPad. With this you can transfer pictures from your memory card to the iPad. I use this when I am cruising so I have a backup of my pictures in case something happens to my camera stolen or lost

I had a lesson from Kazu on the Westerdam on posting photos from Tapatalk, hope I remember what to

do!64ce50c519e9c99a691cc66bff718df9.jpg

The above photo should be the Lido restaurant in 2014.

And below should be the new and improved version!

fbba20910c447e7edc08ba7f9c3837ee.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can get a camera connected for iPad. With this you can transfer pictures from your memory card to the iPad. I use this when I am cruising so I have a backup of my pictures in case something happens to my camera stolen or lost

I did that with about the first half of my pictures during the cruise, then when we got home I just put them all on my computer, and deleted everything from the camera! Now I am emailing photos to myself and opening them on my iPad, and trying to get them into my photostream! Sometimes it is working, and sometimes it isn't. I should have done it all from my camera. Next time I will know better!

Sorry, I guess the photo's not very good and I can't find a better one. The tiles are not cracked, but the funny thing is that strip of yellow around the base of the wall of the elevator is a piece of metal that sticks out. I had wondered if they had intended to bring the tile a little way up the wall, and forgot!:)

We really liked the changes to the bathroom. The only problem with the new showers was that they now store the rubber mat and the bathmat under the sink, whereas before they had hung over the edge of the bathtub. It takes away a little storage space beneath the sink.

Before:

P1040612_zpscawryuo1.jpg

And after:

P1010004_zpsn4rpag5c.jpg

Edited by Vict0riann

That shower will be what they use for Koningsdam. Thanks for that!

You are very welcome. I have sent photos to HALfacts, so perhaps in a few days you'll be able to get some more views of our bathroom in 3365.

The LP deck changed with the addition of the lanai cabins.

In 2014:

P1050492_zpsdd285588.jpg

And 2015: (You can't really tell, but the lanai deck chairs had different coloured cushions.)

P1010078_zpsyn1mccs6.jpg

Edited by Vict0riann

Thx for the before and after pics. Was there any kind of seat in the shower? I'm wondering for leg shaving purposes:o.

That's so funny! My DSIL asked me what that little bar in the corner of the shower was for, and I said I thought it was to put your foot on so you could shave your legs! Do you think that would work?

The fanciest ladies' room on the ship changed drastically, to this:

P1010052_zpsmt2hbebf.jpg

A friend walked in one day to find a man comfortably reading in there---as if it were just another lounge.