Formal night on golden

rdemn

Sailing July 10, 2015 out of San Francisco on the princes golden anyway to tell which nights will be formal dining. We want to book the crown restaurant but not on formal nights don't want to miss out on lobster.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Formal nights Should be 2nd sea day and

the sea day before Victoria or on Victoria day

since your there only till 2 pm.

But it can change. As soon as you get to your

cabin look at your Patters inside they will tell you

what days are Formal.

Sailing July 10, 2015 out of San Francisco on the princes golden anyway to tell which nights will be formal dining. We want to book the crown restaurant but not on formal nights don't want to miss out on lobster.

You can get better lobster in crown grill than in the dining room.

And, if Golden has the alaska menu in Crown Grill, the seafood

is way better than in the dining room.

Was on Golden, May 12. Second Formal Night, I ate in the Horizon Court and they had all the lobster tails you wanted. They were located next to the cutting station. I had 3 tails along with a mixed salad. Doesn't get better than this.

You can get better lobster in crown grill than in the dining room.

And, if Golden has the alaska menu in Crown Grill, the seafood

is way better than in the dining room.

On one of our last cruises we ate in Crown Grill and the lobster was total poop. Very small, very tough, very tasteless. Very disappointing. Same stuff they served in MDR.

I contacted Princess about the first formal night for this cruise and was told it would be July 13th (which to me seems like the 3rd night at sea, but perhaps embarkation night isn't counted as a sea day?).

I never assume that anyone at the Princess end of a phone call has accurate information about the scheduling of formal evenings.

I never assume that anyone at the Princess end of a phone call has accurate information about the scheduling of formal evenings.

Well I had read on Cruise Critic that it would be the 2nd night at sea (just as someone had posted here), but on another forum there were copies of Princess Patter and the first formal night was on the 3rd night at sea. This was why I contacted Princess for clarification. I guess we will soon see if the information I obtained is correct.

I contacted Princess about the first formal night for this cruise and was told it would be July 13th (which to me seems like the 3rd night at sea, but perhaps embarkation night isn't counted as a sea day?).

It's not. Formal night is not held on the first night for a variety of reasons. The first sea day will be the first day when the ship is on the sea all day, with no ports. So if you are counting the first day as one of the sea days, your calculations are off.

Embarkation day is counted as San Francisco. Thanks for all the great replies

Sent from my iPhone using Forums