Almost B2B is this crazy?

hansolosmom

Hi all - curious if this might be too ambitious

I'm booked on the March 6th Breakaway cruise with my mom & sister. That date is set in stone & can't be moved.

I was checking last night Spring Breaks and my son is out where we could cruise the March 20th Breakaway. I was surprised the prices were so good.

So I would be on the ship for 7 days, go home a week, then cruise again. The traveling isn't bad since it's just a drive up from Philly. Has anyone done this before, I didn't know if it would be too crazy to do. I've never done Breakaway before but I'm easy to please on a ship so I can't imagine not liking it & wanting to cancel the second trip.

I'm booked on the March 6th Breakaway cruise with my mom & sister. That date is set in stone & can't be moved.

I was checking last night Spring Breaks and my son is out where we could cruise the March 20th Breakaway. I was surprised the prices were so good.

So I would be on the ship for 7 days, go home a week, then cruise again. The traveling isn't bad since it's just a drive up from Philly. Has anyone done this before, I didn't know if it would be too crazy to do. I've never done Breakaway before but I'm easy to please on a ship so I can't imagine not liking it & wanting to cancel the second trip.

I say sure why not go for it.

We loved Getaway and I imagine Breakaway is much the same. We would not be bored doing it back to back or almost back to back ..... more things to do than we had time for in one week.

We live on the west coast which entails flying clear across the country for most cruises. Next October we're booked on the Gem out of New York for Canada/New England cruise, spending one night between cruises and getting on the Breakaway the next day for Bermuda. One round trip set of airfare for two bucket list cruises :)

This is why I love my fellow cruisers, because we will all think this is a great idea. :)

I'm glad to hear it's not too far fetched and if I can work out the budget we can do it since the first cruise has the free 3rd passenger & the second cruise has 50% off for the 3rd passenger.

kjquilts - that would be an awesome 2 trips. We did Canada/NE a couple years ago & my mom still talks about it. Also done Bermuda which I love & am hoping to go back in the next 2 years.

cantthinkofanythingfun - a friend of my dh had a similar experience although the cruises were a couple months apart - the bartender yelled the "Hi Cathy" when he saw them walk into the bar

nancyl2 - we're really close to Valley Forge on the 422 corridor. I always start with Philly as the main city & if people know the area, I use KOP & Valley Forge as my next markers.

Go go for it! We once went on a 12 day transatlantic, came home for 10 days and then did a 14 day Southern Caribbean. And that meant flight home from Barcelona Spain nd not too many days later a fllight to San Juan PR.

Edited by NMLady

If I were you I'd book the week in between too, then you could do back to back to back! :rolleyes:

Agreed! This would be amazing! Either way...two cruises are way better than one...and three would be even better.

Last year we did a trip to California home for a week then cruise on Quantum.

California was for Nationals in water polo never thought DD would go there and Quantum had been booked a year before.

Since DH and I work it was stressful but also kind of cool. We took the same clothing with a few exceptions. But for 2 cruises you could have everything the same.

I did laundry and just repacked everything. It worked out great so I say do it