I thought Guy's Burger were on all Carnival ships by now

guxu

It's amazing that this question of choosing a ship based on a hamburger even comes up.

I'll choose my cruises on the ship, the itinerary and the length of the cruise and the price or value.

But a hamburger? Seriously?

Even if CCL tookthe filet mignon out of the steakhouse, it wouldn't be an issue. A hamburger?

Don't be too surprised. All things being pretty much equal, we had one cruise whittled down to two ships, and went with the one that had 24 hour pizza.

I think it has something to do with licensing, at least with Guy's because a few ships have gone through only a part of the 2.0 upgrades.

You might be right....because it certainly not a space issue - like putting in a Red Frog Pub - since the Guys takes over the existing grill area.

It is not as much of the quality of the burgers but just have different options at lunch, the dinner is mostly the same old tired menu across the fleet and the Lido buffet is blah so with Guy's and the Cantina is makes it a tad more exciting for experienced cruisers to be able to try and have new items for lunch

I think it has something to do with licensing, at least with Guy's because a few ships have gone through only a part of the 2.0 upgrades.

I am wondering they started with Guys at a time when business was poor as a way to increase customers and now that they are booking much better they are thinking why pay Guy the royalties.

Huh..I wonder why they didn't put a Guy's on the Legend and Miracle in their recent drydocks.

I can't answer your question, but can say the Legend is in dire need of a Guy's. The burgers and other items offered at the grill on my cruise earlier this month were just plain nasty. I've never been so disappointed with the grill in all my cruises like I was on the Legend. Worse than a high school cafeteria.

Tony

For me, its not just about Guy's burgers, it's about the added choices on the ship. The buffet is fine (some days) and the deli is great but I like having the variety that Guy's and Blue Iguana adds.

I like the new Carnival product (from the Dream forward, or the new Funship 2.0 concept) but I am hesitant to sail on any ship that doesn't have the variety of casual eateries. I sailed on the Miracle in 2011 after having spent 2 weeks on the dream and found it not as good mostly due to the lack of variety.

Carnival does seem to be slowing down all of it's new idea roll outs -

Funship 2.0

Camp Ocean

American Table Menu's

New Internet packages

Food in the Red Frog Pub

It seems to me that Carnival is putting the least amount possible, into the latest dry docks. Perhaps they are using the largest part of spendable funds, centered on the new Mega Ships. The ones being already built, or are in the planning stages.

Carnival Dream has some of the 2.0 upgrades, but does NOT have Guy's or the Blue Iguana Cantina. They do have a Blue Iguana bar which was named something else before the 2.0 just as the Red Frog Bar was named something else and there is no Red Frog Pub on Dream.

Supposedly the reason for no Guy's or Blue Iguana Cantina is lack of space. I know someone said it's where the grill is and that is true, but there is no way to have 2 lines from different directions at the Grill on Dream.

I, for one, am not sad there isn't a Guy's as I thought the burgers were too crispy on the outside and that's not my thing. I also thought the french fries were not really crispy. My first time there, I thought I was having lunch late so perhaps they were leftovers, so I went again on another day at "prime time." It was the same, so I am fine sailing on Dream again with no Guys.

On Dream I don't remember that there were chicken sandwiches at lunch, but I might have missed them. All I remember seeing were burgers and hot dogs. I know many on my next two cruises, both on Dream, will be disappointed. My sister is sailing with me on the 2nd one and she loves Guys.

I have to admit that I loved the topping bar though. I did see the mushrooms and onions a couple of times on Dream, so I guess if I want a burger I will check to see if those are available. I am pleased that at least Dream has the pasta bar at lunch, which my family will love. I am more into the deli, so while they go to the pasta bar often, I will stick with my fav, the turkey on a country roll. SOOOOOOOO good!

It seems to me that Carnival is putting the least amount possible, into the latest dry docks. Perhaps they are using the largest part of spendable funds, centered on the new Mega Ships. The ones being already built, or are in the planning stages.

Least amount possible would be nothing.

For me, its not just about Guy's burgers, it's about the added choices on the ship. The buffet is fine (some days) and the deli is great but I like having the variety that Guy's and Blue Iguana adds.

I like the new Carnival product (from the Dream forward, or the new Funship 2.0 concept) but I am hesitant to sail on any ship that doesn't have the variety of casual eateries. I sailed on the Miracle in 2011 after having spent 2 weeks on the dream and found it not as good mostly due to the lack of variety.

Carnival does seem to be slowing down all of it's new idea roll outs -

Funship 2.0

Camp Ocean

American Table Menu's

New Internet packages

Food in the Red Frog Pub

I agree with this. I at times really struggle to find options that I can really call a great meal on the buffet. But with the new 2.0 venues I feel like, especially for lunch it gives such great variety that wasn't there before. There's tacos, burritos, burgers, the deli, the buffet, the red frog pub items for pay, pizza. It just gives you so many more choices. Plus I do have to agree that the burgers served with guys venue are so much better quality than what was offered before on the grill.

Guys v In n Out

No comparison. Let's start with the fries :D.

Agree. In and Out for sure.

We also like The Habit burgers. Not so much their fries but the tempura green beans are truly amazing eats to go with their charbroiled burger.

Not going to miss Guy's at all on Miracle after having it on Sunshine. Guy's is better than McDonald's, and better than the regular mass burgers we ever tried on Carnival... But we don't really prefer filling up on hotdogs, burgers and burritos when we cruise.

Since we are So. Cal residents, we also won't miss a Blue Iguana on Miracle either as we eat Mexican/Hispanic food at least once per week anyway.

Edited by eponym

Agree. In and Out for sure.

We also like The Habit burgers. Not so much their fries but the tempura green beans are truly amazing eats to go with their charbroiled burger.

Not going to miss Guy's at all on Miracle after having it on Sunshine. Guy's is better than McDonald's, and better than the regular mass burgers we ever tried on Carnival... But we don't really prefer filling up on hotdogs, burgers and burritos when we cruise.

Since we are So. Cal residents, we also won't miss a Blue Iguana on Miracle either as we eat Mexican/Hispanic food at least once per week anyway.

Which leaves us with the question, will you miss the Miracle when she leaves? We won't hold it against you that you are from southern California either.

Edited by jimbo5544

Which leaves us with the question, will you miss the Miracle when she leaves? We won't hold it against you that you are from southern California either.

Likely not. They didn't add Sushi or Ji Ji's either to Miracle so they can ship that tank elsewhere...

"We" will let you know after sailing her soon for the 1st time.

I thought you might note the Southern California differentiation - as opposed to Northern...

Edited by eponym

Likely not. They didn't add Sushi or Ji Ji's either to Miracle so they can ship that tank elsewhere...

"We" will let you know after sailing her soon for the 1st time.

I thought you might note the Southern California differentiation - as opposed to Northern...

Always thought it was one state, but noted. If you don't like the Miracle, I cannot wait for your impressions on the Splendor. It will be her second tour of duty out in the "Califonia's" but you guys did not treat her all that well the first time around.

Always thought it was one state, but noted. If you don't like the Miracle, I cannot wait for your impressions on the Splendor. It will be her second tour of duty out in the "Califonia's" but you guys did not treat her all that well the first time around.

Funny enough, there is talk about breaking it up into multiple states. It's that divided.

I don't know anything about 'you guys', but we sailed Splendor in 2009 and really liked her. As mentioned, I don't know that I don't like Miracle (yet), but sounds odd that they stopped at '1.8 U/G's' on their recent dry dock.

We enjoyed every aspect of the Splendor cruise in 2009 - Thelo pool was also great addition.

Not sure what happened to her/'them' after that.

When is she due back, what routes, and did she get any 2.0's as in Ji'Ji's, Bonsai or even Guy's?

Edited by eponym

Funny enough, there is talk about breaking it up into multiple states. It's that divided.

I don't know anything about 'you guys', but we sailed Splendor in 2009 and really liked her. As mentioned, I don't know that I don't like Miracle (yet), but sounds odd that they stopped at '1.8 U/G's' on their recent dry dock.

We enjoyed every aspect of the Splendor cruise in 2009 - Thelo pool was also great addition.

Not sure what happened to her/'them' after that.

When is she due back, what routes, and did she get any 2.0's as in Ji'Ji's, Bonsai or even Guy's?

Nothing been decided (or even announced) but it will surely be after the canal is opened. Sailed the Splendor 3 times, she is a nice ship. Has none of the 2.0 upgrades, but that was probably due to circumstances more than anything else. I would be surprised to see her not get the full contingent. The teen club would be a perfect place for the Red Frog and said as much to some people at Carnival management to pass that along (not that they were asking, but I take liberties at times when I can).

Agree on the head scratching on the partial upgrade list, my only guess is whether some of it was tied to where the upgrade was performed and whether or not they had originally had other plans for the two ships in mention.

Nothing been decided (or even announced) but it will surely be after the canal is opened. Sailed the Splendor 3 times, she is a nice ship. Has none of the 2.0 upgrades, but that was probably due to circumstances more than anything else. I would be surprised to see her not get the full contingent. The teen club would be a perfect place for the Red Frog and said as much to some people at Carnival management to pass that along (not that they were asking, but I take liberties at times when I can).

Agree on the head scratching on the partial upgrade list, my only guess is whether some of it was tied to where the upgrade was performed and whether or not they had originally had other plans for the two ships in mention.

It is strange how some ships dont get the good 2.0 stuff. Was surprised the Miracle didnt get it and last time on the Dream it was like why did they bother with the stuff they did.

Yes, my interest in more bookings will peak at the Canal's completion.

It is strange how some ships dont get the good 2.0 stuff. Was surprised the Miracle didnt get it and last time on the Dream it was like why did they bother with the stuff they did.

I can only think of 3 possible answers: 1. they could not afford it....that is not true, 2. I beleive the Miracle and Legend might have been done on the west coast and they can't do it there (the good stuff, as you put it), and 3. they were going to send to someplace where it was not meaningful, and then something changed, and also that not none of these are turue and I am full of prunes.;)

I can only think of 3 possible answers: 1. they could not afford it....that is not true, 2. I beleive the Miracle and Legend might have been done on the west coast and they can't do it there (the good stuff, as you put it), and 3. they were going to send to someplace where it was not meaningful, and then something changed, and also that not none of these are turue and I am full of prunes.;)

...or perhaps a 4th option! The new management does not feel that the "full 2.0 upgrades" are necessary or worth the costs. :cool:

Most likely it's a combination of ALL of the above! :o

...or perhaps a 4th option! The new management does not feel that the "full 2.0 upgrades" are necessary or worth the costs. :cool:

Most likely it's a combination of ALL of the above! :o

I don't see that kind of thing from the new president. Otherwise they would not do any.

The Dream didnt get it. What kind of prunes btw?:):)