I thought Guy's Burger were on all Carnival ships by now

guxu

Guy's Burgers are currently located on the Carnival Breeze, Conquest, Freedom, Glory, Liberty, Pride, Sunshine, and Triumph. The Carnival Valor doesn't have it yet. Most likely it will be added to the Carnival Valor on it's next scheduled drydock.

Not necessarily. The Miracle just came out of dry dock and it did NOT get Guys, the taco bar, the Mongolian Wok or the Tandoor Indian food:rolleyes::rolleyes: The only 2.0 upgrades they did was tied to passengers pulling out the old sign & sail card:rolleyes::rolleyes: Go figure.

I first had a Guy's Burger on Conquest 11/16/13 sailing. I thought it was great. Second one that week was overcooked and burnt. Not charred. Burnt. I figured my timing was just bad.

Next time I had one was Freedom 11/29/14 sailing. Burnt again.

Tried one again on Conquest after embarkation on 5/31/15. Guess what?

Burnt again.

If it is so overly charred that it tastes like charcoal, it is burnt. I don't want that. I want it seared but absolutely not totally blackened all over.

I'll stick to chicken & shrimp burritos. If those aren't available, I'll have Fish & Chips. If those aren't available, I'll have my old reliable turkey & swiss on a roll from the deli. Those have never let me down!

Guy's Burgers are currently located on the Carnival Breeze, Conquest, Freedom, Glory, Liberty, Pride, Sunshine, and Triumph. The Carnival Valor doesn't have it yet. Most likely it will be added to the Carnival Valor on it's next scheduled drydock.

Not necessarily....the Victory came out of dry dock just before our May sailing - and it got only the Alchemy and Skybox bars......but no Guys, Blue Iguana, Red Frog, etc.

Seems like they are picking and choosing which ships get which parts of the 2.0 upgrades. :( It's been a while since a ship went in to dry dock and came out with all of the 2.0 upgrades. The Conquest....maybe?? :o

Edited by happy cruzin

Huh..I wonder why they didn't put a Guy's on the Legend and Miracle in their recent drydocks.

It is head scratching material, my only guess is they had other plans for these ships that then fell through.

Yeah right....only tourists.;) Heard he declaring banctruptcy also..... also he shot JFK, or was that MLK, or was it KFC.:rolleyes:

You could be a Connecticut tourist in Guy Fieri's restaurant, come on down!

http://www.businessinsider.com/guy-fieri-distancing-himself-from-restaurant-2014-4

Edited by evandbob

You could be a Connecticut tourist in Guy Fieri's restaurant, come on down!

http://www.businessinsider.com/guy-fieri-distancing-himself-from-restaurant-2014-4

Thank goodness, I know the restaurant must be empty without "tourists like me". A zero star review begs of a paper journalist with an agenda. Can't say because I have not been there (thanks for letting me know I can), but it must not be to bad if it is still open.

I guess the real point is, Guy's burger bar is the best burger on the seas.

The Magic and Miracle do not have Guy's. Miracle just went through the upgrade but did not add Blue Iguana Tequila or Guy's. Not sure why.

I like the burgers. Will miss them on the Magic this summer.:(

I have noticed that lately the ships are getting only some of the 2.0 upgrades. When they say "some" it seems to mean no Guys or Blue Iguana. I wonder if they do not want to pay the licensing fees. I have read that Splendor will get "some" of the 2.0 upgrades when she goes to dry dock.

I have noticed that lately the ships are getting only some of the 2.0 upgrades. When they say "some" it seems to mean no Guys or Blue Iguana. I wonder if they do not want to pay the licensing fees. I have read that Splendor will get "some" of the 2.0 upgrades when she goes to dry dock.

It will be interesting to see what the Splendor gets

I have no idea what has changed - or why. But It certainly is not to full fleet wide upgrades that we were all sold when the 2.0 updates were announced. [emoji37]

So annoying... how long ago did Funship 2.0 start?! If there were a couple ships they were about to sell/transfer/scrap I would understand not having it there... but COME ON

Most ships have a 5 year drydock schedule. If Carnival were to pull their whole fleet for drydocks as fast as they can, the cost of your cruises would go up significantly. Would you be willing to pay that kind of a price for a Guy's burger on every ship. Or should you just sail on the ships that already have it?

Most ships have a 5 year drydock schedule. If Carnival were to pull their whole fleet for drydocks as fast as they can, the cost of your cruises would go up significantly. Would you be willing to pay that kind of a price for a Guy's burger on every ship. Or should you just sail on the ships that already have it?

It's amazing that this question of choosing a ship based on a hamburger even comes up.

I'll choose my cruises on the ship, the itinerary and the length of the cruise and the price or value.

But a hamburger? Seriously?

Even if CCL tookthe filet mignon out of the steakhouse, it wouldn't be an issue. A hamburger?

I think it has something to do with licensing, at least with Guy's because a few ships have gone through only a part of the 2.0 upgrades.

It's amazing that this question of choosing a ship based on a hamburger even comes up.

I'll choose my cruises on the ship, the itinerary and the length of the cruise and the price or value.

Even if CCL tookthe filet mignon out of the steakhouse, it wouldn't be an issue. A hamburger?

Everyone is different.

Some people might look at your choice and say " he doesn't care about Guy's, seriously?"

Doen't make one right and the other wrong. It's just different.

I am coming back to Carnival specifically for Guy's burgers. I want to try one of those breakfast burritos too. Everyone chooses cruises for their own reasons. What makes sense to you may be silly to someone else.

People want what they want and thankfully we have the options available to choose from.

I personally will not step foot on a ship without Guy's Burgers and a Red Frog Pub and thats my prerogative. I only ever like the latest ships anyway.

Edited by TheTravelista

Thank goodness, I know the restaurant must be empty without "tourists like me". A zero star review begs of a paper journalist with an agenda. Can't say because I have not been there (thanks for letting me know I can), but it must not be to bad if it is still open.

I guess the real point is, Guy's burger bar is the best burger on the seas.

That's not a great conclusion to make, though. I haven't been there, either, but I have been to plenty of terrible restaurants that have managed to keep their doors open. I'm sure that Guy's Time Square restaurant gets enough business from tourists due to the location and it's owner's name that it doesn't have to rely on repeat customers to stay in business. I'd be willing to try it, but the reviews on Yelp don't seem overly promising.

That's not a great conclusion to make, though. I haven't been there, either, but I have been to plenty of terrible restaurants that have managed to keep their doors open. I'm sure that Guy's Time Square restaurant gets enough business from tourists due to the location and it's owner's name that it doesn't have to rely on repeat customers to stay in business. I'd be willing to try it, but the reviews on Yelp don't seem overly promising.

Who knows, and as Fieri said in the referenced article, someone bought into the franchise name. The main ghost is whether his burgers are worth trying on a Carnival ship, and IMHO they are better than any on the seas.

Who knows, and as Fieri said in the referenced article, someone bought into the franchise name. The main ghost is whether his burgers are worth trying on a Carnival ship, and IMHO they are better than any on the seas.

Some people think they're excellent, some people think they're average, some people think they're mediocre or down-right terrible. Food is the most subjective thing on these ships, I've found, even more so than the entertainment. Personally, I'll stick with the updated pizza recipe that the Breeze and some of the other ships have, or the Indian food. But then again, I've never been a huge fan of burgers. I save my burger-binges for a couple of on-land restaurants I've found that have absolutely excellent burgers. When I was on the Breeze, I got too irritated trying to figure out what all the acronyms in the burger descriptions meant, lol!

Edited by ldlewis45

Makes you wonder who's decision this is to keep it from rolling out to the remainder of the ships.

Are they moving so much product, where instead of shifting food consumption from the MDR and the Lido restaurants to the burger joint, that consumption is just in addition to what food was being consumed.

Supported by the fact they are keeping limited hours?

And being they didn't make this part of a service venue, they can not only NOT charge a service fee, as it's self serve, nor can start charging for the product which would ignite a war among the most ardent Carnival KANs.