Bottle for our room?

• 2 weeks later...
The "bucket" of beer can be taken with you. I bought the "bag" for the "bag of beer" on our last royal cruise, and it's meant to be taken with you as it's a cooler bag with a strap on it.

We're supposed to carry on the wine allowance, not leave it in checked luggage.

How do you get this "Bag O Beer" that you speak of?? I have looked online through all the gifts being offered and didn't see the "Bag O Beer" (love that saying). Being a Carnival cruiser I am accustomed to having beer in my room upon arrival. Sailing RC for the first time next May with the Premium drink package and trying to figure out how to get a six pack or two in the room. Thank you for any and all help.

Sailing RC for the first time next May with the Premium drink package and trying to figure out how to get a six pack or two in the room. Thank you for any and all help.

Royal Caribbean does not have Bon Voyage like Carnival does. The only way you will be able to get a "six pack or two" in your cabin is to board the ship, go to the nearest bar and buy them individually and take them to your cabin. You MIGHT be able to find a special but I wouldnt count on it. You will probably be charged per beer which comes to about 7.00 a piece including gratuity. :D:eek:

Im not sure how buying multiple beers at one time work with a drink package. Maybe someone else will chime in :)

Edited by ryano

The "bucket" of beer can be taken with you. I bought the "bag" for the "bag of beer" on our last royal cruise, and it's meant to be taken with you as it's a cooler bag with a strap on it.

The yellow strap on the bag can bleed on to your shirt. :mad:

Actually, that is not the actual policy.

You're right, it's not. Here it is:

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use on boarding day or while in port. Alcoholic beverages seized on boarding day will not be returned.

Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

For convenience I bolded the most interesting part.

Now if only they would change "may" to "will" and follow through with it, the problem would be solved.

Some other things to note, the bag of beer or bucket of beer is not included in the beverage package. You can only get individual ones. You can order beers and have them leae the cap on. In fact I ordered some in Grolsch style bottles and was able to actually bring them home.

I would also suggest that you call the Special Needs department. You can email them at special_needs@rccl.com. You can ask them if there is any way that they could accomodate your request. I dont know if they will be able to do anything to help you out or not, but it is worth a shot. If you are staying in suite the concierge might be able to help as well.

If all that fails you can try what one poster said and order some of the brandy without ice and bring/store it into the room. That admittedly is probably a pain since you are only allowed one glass at a time with the package. I'm sure you dont want to walk back and forth to your room and the bar.

I would also suggest that you call the Special Needs department. You can email them at special_needs@rccl.com. You can ask them if there is any way that they could accomodate your request.

Unless Im totally missing something here, Im not sure Special Needs dept could do anything but laugh at a request of them having a six pack or two of beer delivered to the OPs cabin :)

Now a fridge to keep insulin in, distilled water for a CPAP or a shower chair or raised toilet seat, most definitely ;)

Unless Im totally missing something here, Im not sure Special Needs dept could do anything but laugh at a request of them having a six pack or two of beer delivered to the OPs cabin :)

Now a fridge to keep insulin in, distilled water for a CPAP or a shower chair or raised toilet seat, most definitely ;)

The OP stated that they were both partially disabled. I figured that the special needs probably wouldn't do it but it wouldn't hurt to ask. From what I gathered from their post was that because of their disability they will have difficulty making it to the bar and really out of their room much and that's why they wanted it.

Doesn't hurt to ask. Worse they can do is say no. Plus I'm sure they could use a chuckle too.

The OP stated that they were both partially disabled. I figured that the special needs probably wouldn't do it but it wouldn't hurt to ask. From what I gathered from their post was that because of their disability they will have difficulty making it to the bar and really out of their room much and that's why they wanted it.

Doesn't hurt to ask. Worse they can do is say no. Plus I'm sure they could use a chuckle too.

I think Bellyflop has the requests a little confused here. The OP said they are partially disabled, thus the suggestion to talk to special needs, but it is Krittie67 who is looking for the beer, not the OP. OP wants blackberry brandy which special needs isn't going to be able to help with either.

Edited by reallyitsmema

I'm bad at looking and remembering screen names. Either way it's the same thing.

Looks like you need to befriend someone to hold glasses as you walk bar to bar to get the brandy neat the. Store in an empty bottle in your room. Or smuggle it in somehow.

I think Bellyflop has the requests a little confused here. The OP said they are partially disabled, thus the suggestion to talk to special needs, but it is Krittie67 who is looking for the beer, not the OP. OP wants blackberry brandy which special needs isn't going to be able to help with either.

I recall OP wanted a couple of beers, then bucket was suggested which evolved into bag and finally asking special needs. :sly:

Some other things to note, the bag of beer or bucket of beer is not included in the beverage package. You can only get individual ones. You can order beers and have them leae the cap on. In fact I ordered some in Grolsch style bottles and was able to actually bring them home.

I understand you can't order more than one beverage at a time on the beverage package but that doesn't mean I can't order a bucket of beers for my room and just pay for it additional or does it?

Hi all, we are doing our first cruise in Febuary on Oasis. We are both partially disabled (no climbing rock walls for us LOL) and will probably be in our room more than most people. My question is, is it possible to purchase a bottle of blackberry brandy for our room? and maybe have a few beers on hand?

Everything I read talks about smuggling stuff in, and I would rather not. I know I can order a drink package and have room service bring us single drinks but envision playing a waiting game that I would rather not if possible, Thanks in advance

no. you may bring on 2 750 ML bottles of wine on board ONLY.

Drink packages DO NOT cover room service delivery

I do not believe that there is written rule that says you must carry your 2 bottle of wine on board. It's personal preference as to whether you want to pack your allowed wine or put it in your carry on.

Edited by cruisenfever

I understand you can't order more than one beverage at a time on the beverage package but that doesn't mean I can't order a bucket of beers for my room and just pay for it additional or does it?

Correct, no problem paying extra for the bucket of beers.

I know brandy is not technically a wine but does it come in a 750ml bottle? If so just pack in your carry on as if it was a bottle. We have never had to open our carry on to show the bottles.

That is my experience, but I've only brought wine so far. The only thing I would want other than that is Bailey's anyway. I have a wine carrier. This is what fits in it. Plus you can use it to carry off the liquor you buy on ship

1436495932178.jpg.74483befb1314febc05f545c64df9db8.jpg

I do not believe that there is written rule that says you must carry your 2 bottle of wine on board. It's personal preference as to whether you want to pack your allowed wine or put it in your carry on.

I would add that it's also a personal preference whether you want to visit with the naughty room or not. :D

If drinking is important, and wine or beer aren't your drinks, and you don't have the D, D+,etc. freebies, then its either pay as you go at high prices, or find another cruise line!

To those who mentioned the Brilliance incident as an excuse, if this was true, all the cruise lines would have followed suit, and they didn't!

Truth is RCL will give you all you want to drink as long as you're paying for it either by the order, or in a package!

If drinking is important, and wine or beer aren't your drinks, and you don't have the D, D+,etc. freebies, then its either pay as you go at high prices, or find another cruise line!

To those who mentioned the Brilliance incident as an excuse, if this was true, all the cruise lines would have followed suit, and they didn't!

Truth is RCL will give you all you want to drink as long as you're paying for it either by the order, or in a package!

Is Royal the only line that doesn't allow bottle purchases for your cabin?