Horrible Celebrity Website

Craxe77

Unfortunately, the problems with the web site are not on the marketing end...they are on the operational end.

In a nutshell, ghstudio has summed it all up right there in that one sentence!

The Celebrity website needs a technical person to redesign it, someone with extensive training and experience in systems design and development.

The last time they assigned a marketing person to this project, 2 years ago, the result was a total disaster and that person is no longer with Celebrity.

This feature is there today and has been for years. It is something I wanted to be sure DOESN'T get removed. It is not customized for you, but it is custom for your specific cruise.

From main celebrity web page,

Click onboard experience

Select shore excursions

Scroll down to "download shore and land excursion brochure"

Enter info on your sailing and then it will create a PDF for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Important to Note that the above only works when signed OUT of the website!

Hi all,

We want you to know that we are working on upgrading our site. We recently hired a new VP of Digital Marketing, who is working on building a best-in-class digital experience. We'll keep you posted, but expect some changes. We have heard you.

Celebrity, I love you like a sister! I hope you won't take it personally when I say that I read your note as more bad news than good. Glad that you have a new VP. However, I don't think you hired the right guy or gal. We as customers and you as supplier do not need a best-in-class digital experience! We need a functional website that allows us to check itineraries, book cruises, shop for and book excursions, reserve onboard stuff like dinners and shows, check status of bookings and reservations. The current graphic look and feel is awesomely beautiful and awfully frustrating to work with. My suggestion is to go ahead and build a best-in-class digital experience for the marketeers, but then to hire someone competent to build a functional site for actual customers who have made it through the layers of fluff.

I won't hold my breath waiting for an improvement in their website. I had no end of problems trying to book a ship's excursion last year and their customer service was absolutely terrible!!! Ended up getting the TA to deal with them and he was 'surprised' by their service as well.

I love their cruise experience but their 'land' customer service needs a rocket up it!!!!

Hire someone who has actually cruised before. Please.

Hire someone who has actually had the experience researching, planning, booking, packing, and sailing. At least once. Pretty please?

Hi all,

We want you to know that we are working on upgrading our site. We recently hired a new VP of Digital Marketing, who is working on building a best-in-class digital experience. We'll keep you posted, but expect some changes. We have heard you.

Not sure if the feedback expresses appreciation for the 'official Celebrity' rep getting back to us. I'm very pleased the site is monitored for concerns and replied to. This is great customer service. Having said that, I've never been happy with the web setup...been involved in IT and web development for my working career. First rule WAS...don't make your pages so busy that your user will stop using. Perhaps more drop down tabs which will connect immediately, and then a back button (which works) to the prior sub-page if more info is required. JMHO.

And thanks again....in the past X never monitored and I for one really appreciate your feedback.

It's only great customer service if they actually listen, if they actually improve the site so customers can actually use it well, etc.

Otherwise, it's just so much smoke and mirrors.

Not sure if the feedback expresses appreciation for the 'official Celebrity' rep getting back to us. I'm very pleased the site is monitored for concerns and replied to. This is great customer service. Having said that, I've never been happy with the web setup...been involved in IT and web development for my working career. First rule WAS...don't make your pages so busy that your user will stop using. Perhaps more drop down tabs which will connect immediately, and then a back button (which works) to the prior sub-page if more info is required. JMHO.

And thanks again....in the past X never monitored and I for one really appreciate your feedback.

SIGN ON ERROR: The information in the My Profile section of your My Celebrity account does not match the information we have in our Captain's Club database. Please update your My Profile area. If you continue to receive this error, please contact us at 1-800-760-0654

So after awhile on hold a CC rep comes on, it seems that the 3 different area's of the web site don't talk to each other very well! :eek: Go figure :D

Anyone that has a suffix after their name ( ie: Sr, Jr, II, III, ect ) will get this message, since the "my profile" area in 'My Celebrity' will not recognize it.

It is in the CC area, and on my booking. WOW;)

So, I got the same message this morning. How frustrating since I wanted to do on-line registration for our next cruise! Also, now one of our future cruises is missing. The thing is that they switched my profile with my husband's years ago. I sign in with my login and password and get welcomed by name as my husband. I left it alone since I could still get to all our information that way. I worried that the fix would be worse than the error. But since he's a 3rd, it's now a problem. What did the CC rep tell you to do to fix this?

Hi all,

That is good to hear because your website is ruining my experience -- before I ever board your ship!

Last night, I could no longer look up an itinerary and click the stateroom to view the floor plan and amenities. I had to go back to the ships hyperlink and click from there. Why couldn't they fix the deck plans page?

I also vote for the ability to download all shore excursions to PDF.

Actually, I like the way Holland America does that one. Because they also include a section on the excursions you've already booked.

I called the excursion dept phone # & requested them to email me the excursions for my cruise. They promptly did this & I opened it in a PDF file.

While we are on excursions, I wish Celebrity would provide more details on what their excursions include. Very limited info.

So, I got the same message this morning. How frustrating since I wanted to do on-line registration for our next cruise! Also, now one of our future cruises is missing. The thing is that they switched my profile with my husband's years ago. I sign in with my login and password and get welcomed by name as my husband. I left it alone since I could still get to all our information that way. I worried that the fix would be worse than the error. But since he's a 3rd, it's now a problem. What did the CC rep tell you to do to fix this?

They said to remove 'II' from my profile. I said but it has to be on my booking because that is how my passport reads. Oh, don't worry, it is there, you will be fine. Right!

So I try and change my profile, the tab won't work! Great.

They said to remove 'II' from my profile. I said but it has to be on my booking because that is how my passport reads. Oh, don't worry, it is there, you will be fine. Right!

So I try and change my profile, the tab won't work! Great.

Keep trying. I did this as you suggested and it worked for me. Try getting to Captain's Club from a different tab and edit from there. Crazy, but it worked. Thanks!

Keep trying. I did this as you suggested and it worked for me. Try getting to Captain's Club from a different tab and edit from there. Crazy, but it worked. Thanks!

I spoke too soon. I made the change to get rid of the 3rd on my husband's records. I saved the change. I made a dinner reservation for my July cruise. The site logged me out and when I logged in again I got the same error message. The system changed back to his old profile with the 3rd! It truly is a mess.

Important to Note that the above only works when signed OUT of the website!
thx....didn't explore far enough to pull up a PDF to explore or save to file.

They *may* have fixed this issue. I only have my iPad right now, but the option to download shoreEx pdf is now available to me when signed in. I can't get it to download on iPad, but I think that's because it loads as a "pop up".

Hope it works when signed in. That would save much of the frustration I've previously experienced.

One other tip is to re-download the pdf periodically. As recently as a few weeks ago, new tours were added for my Aug 1 Equinox cruise!

Jane

It's only great customer service if they actually listen, if they actually improve the site so customers can actually use it well, etc.

Otherwise, it's just so much smoke and mirrors.

Point taken...but....isn't it better that this site is 'read by X' and situations 'commented on', rather than concerns being ignored. It's a step forward. This is not a Celebrity website...they don't have to pay any credence to our comments at all. The fact someone is responding with some acknowledgement of these X website user concerns tells me they are trying to clean it up and whoever is doing the reply should be appreciated for doing so.

Edited by oceangoer2

They *may* have fixed this issue. I only have my iPad right now, but the option to download shoreEx pdf is now available to me when signed in. I can't get it to download on iPad, but I think that's because it loads as a "pop up".

Hope it works when signed in. That would save much of the frustration I've previously experienced.

One other tip is to re-download the pdf periodically. As recently as a few weeks ago, new tours were added for my Aug 1 Equinox cruise!

Jane

Hi...when I first tried to download the pdf, I received comment that my browser - Firefox - was blocking the pop up. When I gave permission I had no problem. Also, in my experience, tablets etc don't want to recognize some of these files. Hope this helps someone trying to download.

I understand what you are saying. However, I stand by what I said. It only matters if they actually act on it. It would be worse, in my opinion, if they came on here, acted like they were interested in our thinking, our suggestions, but then did nothing.

Point taken...but....isn't it better that this site is 'read by X' and situations 'commented on', rather than concerns being ignored. It's a step forward. This is not a Celebrity website...they don't have to pay any credence to our comments at all. The fact someone is responding with some acknowledgement of these X website user concerns tells me they are trying to clean it up and whoever is doing the reply should be appreciated for doing so.

This is my first Celebrity cruise and like many if you I am unimpressed. I'm worried about what the onboard experience will be now. I managed to complete my check in and have my guest book printed but I've tried for weeks to look at excursions.

My TA got Celebrity to e mail a PDF but I can see nothing on the web and can't book any excursions.

My TA managed to get them on the phone in America weeks ago and they booked me a dinner reservation for my first night. They also booked my drinks packages on the phone and they have charged it 3 times. This week they have said it will take another week to refund.

I am beginning to wish I'd never booked this cruise!

The fact someone is responding with some acknowledgement of these X website user concerns tells me they are trying to clean it up and whoever is doing the reply should be appreciated for doing so.

You have to understand that those of us who sound cynical have seen this sort of post from Celebrity for over two years...and let's not forget Tina and her live session here where she was going to improve things and have someone get back to us on all the questions/issues we raised which she never did....and that included specific errors that could have been corrected on the web pages. I believe someone reported that she is no longer with Celebrity.

There is a history....but of course we all remain hopeful...and glad that the folks on the ships continue to be friendly, competent and provide excellent cruises and service, despite the web site..

Edited by ghstudio

This is my first Celebrity cruise and like many if you I am unimpressed. I'm worried about what the onboard experience will be now. I managed to complete my check in and have my guest book printed but I've tried for weeks to look at excursions.

My TA got Celebrity to e mail a PDF but I can see nothing on the web and can't book any excursions.

My TA managed to get them on the phone in America weeks ago and they booked me a dinner reservation for my first night. They also booked my drinks packages on the phone and they have charged it 3 times. This week they have said it will take another week to refund.

Celebrity at times seems to be two separate companies....HQ and their cruise ships. HQ, including of course the web, are not a reflection of what you will experience on the cruise. Much is written here about experience calling or dealing with HQ...and, yes, most of it is not positive.

On the other hand, IMHO, despite HQ, the folks on the ships are consistently friendly, competent and provide the best cruise experience of any of the mass market cruise lines. Once you arrive to check in, I think you'll have a very different, very much more positive experience than you've apparently had to date.

Edited by ghstudio

I was on a Jan 2015 cruise on the Silhouette. I thoroughly enjoyed that cruise. Ship was good, the people were good. I'm confident you will find your actual cruise experience to be fine.

Can you cancel? Wishes can come true.

This feature is there today and has been for years. It is something I wanted to be sure DOESN'T get removed. It is not customized for you, but it is custom for your specific cruise.

From main celebrity web page,

Click onboard experience

Select shore excursions

Scroll down to "download shore and land excursion brochure"

Enter info on your sailing and then it will create a PDF for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Since my cruise personalizer never prints out shore excursions correctly, this is exactly what I've been looking for. EXCEPT, when I plug in my cruise date and ship, less than 90 days out, it churns for a few seconds and then does nothing.....

We've been trying to print out something like this as a discussion point with our traveling partners as we all can't be by a computer together at the same time.

What a pain!

Last night I wanted to send an email to the Captains Club, as I had done in the past. I clicked on the CC Contact Us link, and all I could find was PHONE NUMBERS....

Major bummer. Please restore the email link. Or at least tell me where it was moved to.