Perks

Gmagold

Hi Everyone,

I am new to cruise critic and to cruising. Booked a suite on the Island dec 5 panama canal. My question is, since the category is sold out, if a new sale comes along with perks like Obc, beverage pkg.......can I still request the perks?

Thanks!

Full suites rarely go on sale so your chances of a price drop are essentially zero. You'll get quite a list of perks booking a full suite. (A mini-suite is not really a suite and doesn't come with any perks other than a glass of bad sparkling wine at sail away.)

Full suites rarely go on sale so your chances of a price drop are essentially zero. You'll get quite a list of perks booking a full suite. (A mini-suite is not really a suite and doesn't come with any perks other than a glass of bad sparkling wine at sail away.)

And a bigger room than a balcony including a sofa.

We used to get a sofa in a balcony, now need to go to a mini suite. :(

Hi Everyone,

I am new to cruise critic and to cruising. Booked a suite on the Island dec 5 panama canal. My question is, since the category is sold out, if a new sale comes along with perks like Obc, beverage pkg.......can I still request the perks?

Thanks!

Welcome to CC and enjoy that 1st cruise.

Bet you can't keep it to just one.

Full suites rarely go on sale so your chances of a price drop are essentially zero.

Not true. We booked a full suite in Nov. 2014 and there was a price drop in Mar. 2015 which we got! Saved $236 per cabin and didn't lose any OBC or other booking perks. Suites people should check for price drops just like anyone else should or you might miss one. :)

Edited by Go-Bucks!

...Booked a suite on the Island dec 5 panama canal. My question is, since the category is sold out, if a new sale comes along with perks like Obc, beverage pkg.......can I still request the perks?...

As others have said, suites rarely go on sale (perks or no), but it doesn't hurt to ask if you notice a new promotion. Policies can vary on Princess from one promotion to the next. Sometimes you can cancel and rebook, if a new promo is for "new bookings only", but check to see if will lose your deposit or incur TA charges (if you are using one) in the process.

Oh, and welcome to CC and Princess :)!

Not true. We booked a full suite in Nov. 2014 and there was a price drop in Mar. 2015 which we got!
Nice that you got it but it's not usual. The OP says that category is sold out so if there are none left, they certainly won't go on sale. :) Edited by Pam in CA

Not true. We booked a full suite in Nov. 2014 and there was a price drop in Mar. 2015 which we got! Saved $236 per cabin and didn't lose any OBC or other booking perks. Suites people should check for price drops just like anyone else should or you might miss one. :)

OP says the cat is sold out. How would you get a price drop on something that's not there?

Your cruise is the one immediately before mine and on both our cruises suites have been sold out for some time, and I would expect there is a waiting list of at least a couple of folks in mini-suites waiting for suites.

As a general rule suites sell out early. Only very occasionally are there price reductions on suites and it is more likely that, if there is not a wait list where they will get the full price (see below), they will go down the upsell path.

One thing I will say, based on personal experience from the one occasion when a suite became available late at night UK time and stayed on general sale overnight until I was able to phone the UK office first thing in the morning is that I got that suite at a price less than the general sale price. This was because they calculated the price to pay on the difference between my mini-suite booking and the price they had sold the last suite before I went on the waiting list which saved me around $350 each.

If you do see a suite come up at a lower price, then don't assume that you can get the reduction on your current suite. You may need to cancel and re-book and then ask to be moved to your old suite, only to find that you are stuck with your new location as your old suite has gone to someone on the waitlist.

I know some will say a simple re-pricing of an existing booking can be done and I am sure it can, but not always and certainly not if you are changing TA in order to get a better deal.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

I have done this twice with my current booking... first when the All Inclusive Beverage Package Promo was advertized, my TA simple called Princess and dropped current cabin picked up new package and rebooked same cabin... did the same thing when fares dropped she called and dropped the current reservation and booked the same cabin at the new pricing level saving me $$$.

PS - Also able to keep all of the perks I had with each change.... (AIBP)

I have done this twice with my current booking... first when the All Inclusive Beverage Package Promo was advertized, my TA simple called Princess and dropped current cabin picked up new package and rebooked same cabin... did the same thing when fares dropped she called and dropped the current reservation and booked the same cabin at the new pricing level saving me $$$.

PS - Also able to keep all of the perks I had with each change.... (AIBP)

You were extremely lucky with the perks.

The OP said their Cat was sold out so no prices would show thus no price adjustments. Not sure how anyone saw your price drops if your cat was sold out. :confused:

Actually, we had that happen on several cruises for next winter. I check prices daily so I was surprised when a category would have a price drop on the same day it became Closed. Then a few days later it would be Waitlisted. Then maybe a couple of days after that it would have availability of one cabin but the prices would go back up. It does happen; but that doesn't mean it actually results in a price drop.

I am more interested in sale perks offered like obc, beverage pkg,.......

On our Med cruise we were lucky to be able to add the AI package when the promo came out several months after we had already booked the cruise. However several price drops have appeared since we added the package promo we were told adamantly each time that we would lose the AI package if we took advantage of the fare decreases. :(

So for those that say they have achieved both several times I salute you. Please let me know what your secret is.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We book full suites and follow the "get what you want and then focus on enjoying the space, the service, and the perks and don't look back nor be disappointed if no deal/price drop" philosophy. :cool:

Edited by KruzeKrazy!