New Internet Policy - RCCL

Not sure what hotels you are staying at but ALL of the hotels that I've stayed at in the last 15 years of international travel have been 100% free.

I'm not sure what hotels you're staying at, because most business oriented hotels charge for Internet. Also, most hotels in resort areas such as Las Vegas and Miami charge a daily resort fee of 15-20 USD a night. This resort fee covers Internet.

I think it's a relative bargain what RCI is charging for daily Internet when compared to other resort places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be nice to know if this new D D+ internet policy is fleet wide or only for those upgraded Quantum and Oasis class ships.

How about the Voyager, Radiance, Vision classes where the internet is still slow? Are the internet access benefits for D and D+ also on consecutive 24 hour basis? Or still metered?

It was on Rhapsody when I was on it in April.

I ended up buy the unlimited package for each of the 3 back to back I was on. If you break it down with the Diamond + discount, the price was not that bad. And I just stayed logged on for 24 hours a day!

Edited by chermilo
added notes

I'm not sure what hotels you're staying at, because most business oriented hotels charge for Internet. Also, most hotels in resort areas such as Las Vegas and Miami charge a daily resort fee of 15-20 USD a night. This resort fee covers Internet.

I think it's a relative bargain what RCI is charging for daily Internet when compared to other resort places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just finished a road trip from CA to MI, and except for Reno we had free internet at every hotel for 10 days. Even the one way up in the Black Hills of SD!

We just finished a road trip from CA to MI, and except for Reno we had free internet at every hotel for 10 days. Even the one way up in the Black Hills of SD!

My experiences are similar to yours. I travel quite a bit for business and leisure, staying mostly at Hilton, Marriott, IGH and Hyatt properties and I don't remember paying for wifi anytime recently.

...How about the Voyager, Radiance, Vision classes where the internet is still slow?...

Only unlimited internet plans on Enchantment. No per minute plans. Least you can buy is one 24 hour period. Very slow at times.

My experiences are similar to yours. I travel quite a bit for business and leisure, staying mostly at Hilton, Marriott, IGH and Hyatt properties and I don't remember paying for wifi anytime recently.

For Hilton, Hyatt and Starwood, the free Internet is a relatively new thing, maybe in the last 12-18 months. With Starwood you have to book online or through the app to get it. We had to call to redeem points and it wasn't included. It always seems that the more expensive hotels charge for it while the mid and lower priced ones do no. Go figure.

The new internet program for D/D+/PC Members began it's roll out in April of this year. We were on Legend in April and were able to take advantage.

Great, I'll be in Legend from late Oct to early Nov, how is the internet speed there?

Is the speed only limited to browsing and checking email?

On my last cruise with Carnival (April), they offered a $40 unlimited internet plan that covered the entire cruise!! I was hoping maybe a new trend was going to follow with other comparable lines. Sounds like not quite yet. :rolleyes:

Edited by gnocchi_mommy