No Nickelodeon stuff on Escape

LrgPizza

I contacted my travel agent, and she said that she may not know anything until late next week, but that she is sure that NCL has something better planned. Here's hoping...

There is a TA Webinar next week so I bet she is hoping they say something then. It was moved a week back so maybe.....

We have Escape and Breakaway booked, and my three little boys are not happy that they won't meet Sponge Bob or play TMNT golf. I emailed Andy Stuart and got a phone call from "Troy" today saying that they aren't able to say anything now, but something is in the works and he said he will call me when they are able to announce it. :confused:

Where did you find an email address for Mr. Stuart? I am searching for an email address to send a message to -

Minions would be awesome. I could probably save a ton of money and substitute an NCL cruise for the Disney Cruise I promised my son next year.

I'm sure NCL tried to renegotiate the Nick deal, and probably thought it would happen. Nick probably just wouldn't budge.

If I were NCL I would go big and try to cut a deal with Warner Brothers. That would give them the whole Bugs Bunny thing, but more importantly, DC Comics. That will make them competitive with Disney that in addition to the kid's characters, also offers Marvel Comics and I'm assuming Star Wars as well.

Disney already has Star Wars - http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/onboard-activities/deck-parties/star-wars-day-at-sea/.

Yes, yes they do. It's not that they just "have" those IPs, they actually own them (at least StarWars IP).

Even Disney can't use their Marvel characters in movies: http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-movies-characters-carl-6766/

Marvel characters are a huge part of Universal Studios in Orlando. I have no idea how that's going to shake out in the future.

Would be nice if they would say, we are discontinuing Nickelodeon but in its place, we have struck a deal with "such and such" but to not give any indication what, if any theme there will be for the children is to bad.

I think you meant to say Disney can't use Marvel (which the own) in their theme parks, as US owns the theme park rights. But DIsney can (and does?) use them on their ships I think??

According to the terms of that deal, Disney can't use the Marvel characters in any theme park east of the Mississippi River. And yes, as Disney ships go into dry dock, they are adding Avengers Academy to the ships. AND, Disney is doing some Star Wars themed cruises on the Fantasy (so, so tempted, but the price is outrageous).

Edited by TowerOrchard

A partnership that has characters for younger kids as well as older kids would be great. I don't feel WWE wrestling is appropriate for our toddler but I see the appeal for older kids. Likewise with younger kids the Nickelodeon characters seemed appropriate but a bit babyish for older kids. There's lots of toddler characters on Sprout for instance that could be good.

Will be interesting to see who they partner with.

Fantasy (so, so tempted, but the price is outrageous).

It's actually first on the Dream which dry-docks in October and will get the kids' club revamped. But yes, the prices are grotesquely obscene. $7K for a family of 4 in their most economical balcony. We used to cruise with them when their premium over other lines was "acceptable". But starting next year, they are pricing out a huge chunk on their fan base. Let's see if they will keep the prices through the year.

Edited by coldflame

The Dream will be adding Avengers Academy, but it's not the first. It's been on the Magic since 2013. To my knowledge, there are no plans to do any permanent Star Wars theming on the ships, but they are testing Star Wars weeks and they seems to be selling well.

And I agree about Disney pricing. We sailed the Fantasy in May, and it was a great cruise BUT not worth the premium price they are charging now (especially for Star Wars weeks).

To the poster that pointed out those Star Wars cruises on DCL, thank you so much. I promised my son a DCL cruise next year, and he loves Star Wars (so do I). I looked at the prices, and they are ridiculous, but a Disney cruise wouldn't be a regular thing for us, so it's worth the splurge. Unfortunately, it does look like he will have to miss school to attend, but missing a week of kindergarden shouldn't keep him out of Harvard.

I'm sure that NCL has something in the works. Hopefully it isn't the WWE.

To the poster that pointed out those Star Wars cruises on DCL, thank you so much. I promised my son a DCL cruise next year, and he loves Star Wars (so do I). I looked at the prices, and they are ridiculous, but a Disney cruise wouldn't be a regular thing for us, so it's worth the splurge. Unfortunately, it does look like he will have to miss school to attend, but missing a week of kindergarden shouldn't keep him out of Harvard.

I'm sure that NCL has something in the works. Hopefully it isn't the WWE.

Why not wwe? They get massive ratings every week and have more twitter followers than I believe almost anyone. John Cena is the most requested celebrity among Make A Wish kids. If they were ever going to do a pro wrestling tie in this would definitely be the time.

Why not wwe? They get massive ratings every week and have more twitter followers than I believe almost anyone. John Cena is the most requested celebrity among Make A Wish kids. If they were ever going to do a pro wrestling tie in this would definitely be the time.

While I believe thsee facts are true - I don't believe that their fame is because of 2-8 year olds. And that seems to be the target age group that is looking for this on a ship!

Other than the personal fact that I think it kills brain cells while watching it, it just isn't very logical for ships. There are no mascots, just a bunch of roided up wrestlers who certainly aren't going to make the rounds on cruise ships.

Other than the personal fact that I think it kills brain cells while watching it, it just isn't very logical for ships. There are no mascots, just a bunch of roided up wrestlers who certainly aren't going to make the rounds on cruise ships.

I wholeheartedly agree. I makes very little sense in terms of theming. As a franchise they are wildly successful, but that IP is just not fit for what is needed.