Wow This New Sale Going On!

It has sent prices sky rocketing!

I just checked my upcoming Adventure cruise in October and I am like WOW....are they serious????? My D-1 is $1,121.00 more than what I paid when I booked during the original BOGOHO sale back in April 2014. Hell the 2nd guest half off is more than what I paid as the 1st guest full price! The total price now is $1,381.40 more than my total price with prepaid gratuities Cruise care insurance and my Giovanni's Table Reservation all added in!:eek:

I am glad I booked when I did also because I would not have booked at these current prices! WOW!

Yea the cruise Im going on in August is a little over $1,300 in total now. I bought it sometime last year and I paid $770 in total and I get a $100 OBC. Guess it's good to book way ahead to get a really good deal.

Our cruise is also double now what we paid in May 2014.

11 night Southern Caribbean in November this year was $2,919, and to book today would cost us $6,115.

Both priced as BOGOHO!

CRAZY!!:eek:

I am glad I booked when I did also because I would not have booked at these current prices! WOW!

But many people will that don't know the pricing and think they're getting a deal. If it wasn't working for them it would have ended long ago.

I booked the Navigator transatlantic for May 2016 back on April 4th of this year, since then the price for an E1 balcony has gone up by $1100 in total. RCCL have stated they want to offer the best prices to those who book early, and want to sell out ships earlier in the booking cycle. I think we are seeing this strategy working.

Booked the Harmony last week for December 2016 under the 30/30 sale, and just re priced it under the current BOGO sale. $50 more. Not a huge increase, but it shows that the 30/30 sale was better. I paid less than what I paid for the Allure in 2012, and Independence in 2010

AtlantaCruiser72,

I agree, the sooner you book, the better the price will be. I occasionally watch the prices to see if there's a drop, but it doesn't happen too often without upgrading.

Tom

Edited by tsconley19

I booked Navigator for March 2016 Western Caribbean 6 night during the BOGO where the 2nd and 3rd guests were 50% off. I have 2 balcony connecting rooms for 6 and just priced the same thing for this sale. $440 higher per room mostly due to higher beginning prices and the 3rd guest not getting the 50% off.

Edited by GarnetFan8

I booked the first day of the sale 30/30 for the Mediterranean on the Harmony of the Seas for september 2016. today with the BOGO sale My cruise is 800$ more :eek:

We booked the Oasis for February 20, 2016 in November of 2014 and booked one of the new Grand Suites on deck 11 and I just checked pricing - WOW. A Junior Suite is now $2258 MORE than what we paid for a Grand Suite - YIKES :eek:

Our March 16' Adventure is now also about 1,300 more than what we paid (total for two people). Wow..................:rolleyes:

That said we recently got a pretty damn good price on Harmony in 2017. There's no rhyme or reason to their pricing any more. Not that there ever was, but it seems crazier (and overall higher) than ever.

Our Liberty sailing is now $700 more than when we booked during BOGO 1/2 off back in the beginning of December.

Our Harmony sailing is now $350 more than when we booked which was the second day of the 30% off sale.

Our Anthem sailing is now $1242 more than when we booked which was when it was first released for sale a long while ago.

All of those increases add up to quite a bit of money that I could clearly use towards taking more cruises! Guess it pays to book early sometimes as last minute drops are never a guarantee. Unless of course you are very flexible with when/where you cruise, which unfortunately we are not since a lot of times that involves airfare to somewhere.

It has sent prices sky rocketing!

I just checked my upcoming Adventure cruise in October and I am like WOW....are they serious????? My D-1 is $1,121.00 more than what I paid when I booked during the original BOGOHO sale back in April 2014. Hell the 2nd guest half off is more than what I paid as the 1st guest full price! The total price now is $1,381.40 more than my total price with prepaid gratuities Cruise care insurance and my Giovanni's Table Reservation all added in!:eek:

So you already have a cruise booked at a price you like, so now you are going to whine about the same cruise at a higher price when you are not going to book that price:rolleyes:

So you already have a cruise booked at a price you like, so now you are going to whine about the same cruise at a higher price when you are not going to book that price:rolleyes:

And I thought I was the only one. :sly:

Ok here we go...... For one who the hell is whining???? I was just posting something I found interesting that how much higher the prices are with the new sale....... not that I have to explain to a flammer such as yourself so you can go on and take your roll eyes smilie to the next person to flame cause I'm not the one! Wow unbelievable...:.. But I will be your Huckleberry!

Never book on those sales. They inflate the prices.

I think it really depends though.

We booked Serenade back in 2014 during the original BOGOHO sale. We wanted to try a 10-day and the itinerary sounded great. It was always my intention to book an inside, since that's all we usually are willing to pay for.

When I looked at the price for a D1 Balcony I was stunned...before taxes, only $100pp per day, a price we are usually quite happy to pay for an inside. But this was a balcony!!

We snapped it up. Today's price is double what we booked at, over $2300 more for 2...yet the bargain we got was during a BOGOHO sale.

Ok here we go...... For one who the hell is whining???? I was just posting something I found interesting that how much higher the prices are with the new sale....... not that I have to explain to a flammer such as yourself so you can go on and take your roll eyes smilie to the next person to flame cause I'm not the one! Wow unbelievable...:.. But I will be your Huckleberry!

I got what you were saying that's why I followed it with my own story. I wouldn't worry about the one calling you a whiner.

I read and re-read his post and didn't see any whining.

I think in this case OP Is not whining, but, instead, rejoicing on their good fortune having booked before the prices skyrocketed. It's kind of the opposite of most of the stories.

Tom

I agree with the previous poster about the Serenade for a 10 day. The price is $800.00 more than I paid for a balcony at the beginning of the first BOGOHO sale. Ever since then, their "sales" have been a bad joke.

We saved money with this new sale. We have two interior rooms on the AOTS in May, and we got $324 taken off both bookings today because of the new sale.

Insides price out better with BOGOHO because they were only discounted 10% on 30/30