Price Less than Booked Cruise - Before Final Payment

Boscodog

We are booked for a Mediterranean cruise next August 2016. I just checked the rates and they are $400 less than what we booked. The 123Go (or called All In Inclusive ) is still in affect, so the only difference is the price. Since this is way before final payment, is there any downside for me to call my TA and request a price adjustment? I am not really sure how this works. I know there is a big change coming on Monday July 6th. Could anyone enlighten me as to my best course of action in this situation.

We are booked for a Mediterranean cruise next August 2016. I just checked the rates and they are $400 less than what we booked. The 123Go (or called All In Inclusive ) is still in affect, so the only difference is the price. Since this is way before final payment, is there any downside for me to call my TA and request a price adjustment? I am not really sure how this works. I know there is a big change coming on Monday July 6th. Could anyone enlighten me as to my best course of action in this situation.

very little risk...call your TA and ask that your fare be adjusted. If it doesn't apply for some reason, the TA will (or should) tell you why. If it's for new bookings only...tell the TA to cancel your current booking and rebook you.

Go ahead and contact your TA. We've always taken advantage of price drops before final payment, even with a promotional offer. But, let the TA know you want to retain any promotional perks you already have just in case yours was a special one time deal. On one cruise we saved about $1,400 on a 14 night cruise by taking advantage of price drops. The prices dropped four times after we booked. We also use a fee service to notify us of price drops. The charge is 99 cents for each cruise being monitored, but you have to prepay $4.95 for five cruises. We've used up three of our five cruises, and we only cruise every couple of years or so. It has worked out quite well for us. Google "cruise price drops" and it will be the second selection.

Edited by SantaFeFan

Just make sure that your TA does not charge you for changing the cruise (or cancelling). You can expect a drop in any benefits you are getting from your TA as they will be making less commission and benefits come from what they earn.

Steve

Go ahead and contact your TA. We've always taken advantage of price drops before final payment, even with a promotional offer. But, let the TA know you want to retain any promotional perks you already have just in case yours was a special one time deal. On one cruise we saved about $1,400 on a 14 night cruise by taking advantage of price drops. The prices dropped four times after we booked. We also use a fee service to notify us of price drops. The charge is 99 cents for each cruise being monitored, but you have to prepay $4.95 for five cruises. We've used up three of our five cruises, and we only cruise every couple of years or so. It has worked out quite well for us. Google "cruise price drops" and it will be the second selection.

Would this perhaps have scales and fins?

Thanks for all the reponses. I was able to call TA this morning and get the price reduction. I already have email confirmation too. Final payment is not until next May so I will continually monitor.

Thanks for all the reponses. I was able to call TA this morning and get the price reduction. I already have email confirmation too. Final payment is not until next May so I will continually monitor.

That's great. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Sailing the Baltic cruise on May 2, 2016. Looked on the Celebrity site to check for a price reduction....lo and behold, there was a reduction....so excited, we saved $300 ($150 each) and retained the 123GO promotion. Feels good to save $$$$.

I looked after reading a post here...saved $400 by just making a new booking online and cancelling the old one....figure the phones will be crazy tomorrow or that the savings could evaporate over night!

In the majority of cases, cancelling and re-booking is not at all needed. Just contact your TA - or the cruise line if your booking is with them - and make the request. As simple as an email or a phone call.

Cancelling and re-booking will result in a new room being assigned to you, which may not be as well located since the new booking would be closer to sailing date and fewer rooms will be available, resulting in the best ones being already taken, so you may be getting one of the "left overs".

Edited by SantaFeFan