Upgrade Fairy was here I think

I just looked at our upcoming Serenade cruise. When I go to the reservation, the room listing has changed from a deluxe balcony to a Junior Suite. I also checked the setsail pass and that has it listed as the new Junior Suite too. I did not get any emails though. Is it really an upgrade or a glitch ya think? I just checked the July 19 sailing on RCCL and inside cabins are still available but everything else is sold out which makes me question this a little. Wouldn't they wait till no more bookings can happen before they throw me an upgrade?

Edited by Moltar

I just looked at our upcoming Serenade cruise. When I go to the reservation, the room listing has changed from a deluxe balcony to a Junior Suite. I also checked the setsail pass and that has it listed as the new Junior Suite too. I did not get any emails though. Is it really an upgrade or a glitch ya think? I just checked the July 19 sailing on RCCL and inside cabins are still available but everything else is sold out which makes me question this a little. Wouldn't they wait till no more bookings can happen before they throw me an upgrade?

Congratulations.

I keep checking all my reservations to see if I got a upgrade. No luck yet.

Thank you for such quick replies :) My first time getting a free upgrade and it couldnt have come at a better time, we're bringing our son who is a year and half and now he'll have more room to run around and a bathtub :) I'm excited!

Did you book a specific cabin, or did you book a balcony guarantee?

Congratulations on getting a Junior Suite, however it happened.

(a true free upgrade has been rarer than hen's teeth lately!!!)

Congrats on the upgrade - cos that's what it is :D

We've been upgraded twice, both times we only found out by logging into our account and seeing that the cabin number had changed. First time was 10 days and out and last time was 3 days out (when the ship was showing as sold out of all but a few insides).

Enjoy it, that extra space and the bathtub will be great with a little one :)

Congratulations.

I keep checking all my reservations to see if I got a upgrade. No luck yet.

Same thing here, have never had an upgrade.

Moltar, Congratulations and enjoy your Junior Suite, you are going to love the extra space!

Same thing here, have never had an upgrade.

Moltar, Congratulations and enjoy your Junior Suite, you are going to love the extra space!

The bathtub is perfect for that one year old. Will definitely make their trip easier.

How can they change your cabin if you booked a specific room? What if you booked super early to get a room you really wanted? I realize they gave an upgrade but someone may want a specific room for whatever reason.'

I would love for this to happen to us but thought it would only happen on guarantee rooms.

How can they change your cabin if you booked a specific room? What if you booked super early to get a room you really wanted? I realize they gave an upgrade but someone may want a specific room for whatever reason.'

I would love for this to happen to us but thought it would only happen on guarantee rooms.

If you have booked a cabin you truly want to stay in you better not have that you will accept any upgrade in your profile preferences.

The system is supposed to be that non-revenue upgrades go to D+ and Pinnacle guests. There is an upgrade preference tab in your cruise profile whereby you can choose an automatic upgrade, no upgrade or an upgrade based on certain criteria. If the OP is D+ (which looks very possible from his/her signature) they must have set automatic upgrade in their preferences.

We have ours set to automatic upgrade unless we've booked a specific cabin (eg an aft) whereby we prefer that cabin to any upgrade, in which case we change our preferences for our next cruise to 'no upgrade'

I don't see that option on my preferences. Where it is located?

After you log into your My Cruises account, you should see a Profile tab. Click that, and you will see Upgrade Preferences as one of the choices.

If you don't have an Upgrade Preferences selection, then it's possible that your C&A number is not associated with your My Cruises account.

Thank you for such quick replies :) My first time getting a free upgrade and it couldnt have come at a better time, we're bringing our son who is a year and half and now he'll have more room to run around and a bathtub :) I'm excited!

Congratulations on the upgrade!!! I LOVE a JS. My grandson loves the bathtub even more. Enjoy!!!:D

I don't think they will automatically upgrade you unless you have indicated that you WANT an automatic upgrade in your profile. As you said, not everyone wants an upgrade....so I suspect that the upgrade option had already been chosen.

• Haha 1

If you have booked a cabin you truly want to stay in you better not have that you will accept any upgrade in your profile preferences.

You have to actually call C&A and have them manually add to you profile, that they must call you prior to upgrading you. That particular option is not available in the upgrade settings.

Edited by cruisenfever

I have the setting set to auto upgrade if one is available. I dont know who makes that decision but I feel making it as easy as possible increases my chances. Thank you all so much for the warm comments! :)