How Beverage Cards Work/Cost?

RVAborn

For all of you who don't like keeping all of those receipts, has anybody ever found a mistake when reconciling your on-board account, and if so, how did you prove it? Did they credit your account?

Never had any problems with the Beverage cards. But we have had problems getting out 50% loyalty back for pre-purchased dinners in the specialty restaurants. I always take copies of everything we pre-purchase.

I am with the no discount, no pay in advance faction. How do know whether you get full value from the beverage card if you don't keep receipts? If you are not auditing drink card receipts, you might just as well charge drinks to your room card and throw out the receipts.

I can see using the beverage card as a budgeting tool or a way to limit your alcohol intake. Seven day cruise, $700 worth of beverage cards, 13 gin and tonics per day. When the cards are depleted, you are on the wagon!

A couple of times we did not use the entire Beverage Card. The balance was credited to our shipboard account.

And if you still have left over over shipboard account money, that will be credited back to your credit card.

On my new cruise [Anniversary sale] I get two (2) $50 beverage cards. I will not not use up even one - I drink only water and once in awhile ginger ale - can I save my second card for another cruise or will the shipboard account credit it automatically even if I haven't activated it?

Does anyone know?? Thanks for any help.

On my new cruise [Anniversary sale] I get two (2) $50 beverage cards. I will not not use up even one - I drink only water and once in awhile ginger ale - can I save my second card for another cruise or will the shipboard account credit it automatically even if I haven't activated it?

Does anyone know?? Thanks for any help.

No -- you can not save Beverage cards for another cruise.

The Purser automatically closes all cards, accounts at Midnight the last night of the cruise.

So if you have Beverage card left over, it will be credited to your shipboard account. If you have a balance to pay off -- that $50 will help to pay it off. If you don't have a balance, then it MAY be credited back to your credit card -- this varies by ship since you didn't buy the card with your own money.

I am with the no discount, no pay in advance faction. How do know whether you get full value from the beverage card if you don't keep receipts? If you are not auditing drink card receipts, you might just as well charge drinks to your room card and throw out the receipts.

I can see using the beverage card as a budgeting tool or a way to limit your alcohol intake. Seven day cruise, $700 worth of beverage cards, 13 gin and tonics per day. When the cards are depleted, you are on the wagon!

Each time you use the Beverage Card, you get a receipt back showing the price of your drink plus the 15% gratuity and how much is left on the card to spend.

No -- you can not save Beverage cards for another cruise.

The Purser automatically closes all cards, accounts at Midnight the last night of the cruise.

So if you have Beverage card left over, it will be credited to your shipboard account. If you have a balance to pay off -- that $50 will help to pay it off. If you don't have a balance, then it MAY be credited back to your credit card -- this varies by ship since you didn't buy the card with your own money.

Thanks, just what I wanted to know.

Carole

Edited by Happily@Sea

- can I save my second card for another cruise
No

or will the shipboard account credit it automatically even if I haven't activated it?

Once I had a card that I didn't use at all. I turned it in at the front desk and my account was credited. I don't know what would have happened had I not turned in the card.

What is the cost of a can of soda before gratuity?

Also, do they use Coke products?

Yes, Coke products exclusively. I believe a can of soda is $3.50. We always buy a soda card and occasionally we'll buy a six-pack on shore.

Tim

Can the 2 $50 beverage cards from the Anniversary Sale be exchanged towards the unlimited soda machine package?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Most ships will allow you to do that. Just ask at the front desk.

I just thought of this.

The soda cards -- you get about 6 ounces of fountain soda.

But if you use those Beverage Cards to buy soda -- you can get cans of soda instead of the fountain type.

I also have the anniversary package with 2 $50 Beverage Cards. There will be 4 of us in the cabin. Is there a way we could get 4 $25 cards?

$50 is the smallest denomination Beverage Card. But everyone is free to use the cards issued to your cabin. Or, you can purchase more cards.

Now, if you wanted to trade in a Beverage Card for two Soda Cards, that is possible, but would limit people to sodas. Try exchanging at the Front Desk.

Can the 2 $50 beverage cards from the Anniversary Sale be exchanged towards the unlimited soda machine package?

I don't know of any unlimited soda options. Where did you hear about this? What is the price? Edited by jtl513

I read about it on a thead 'Koningsdam Quench Beverage Package'
OK, thanks. :) From that thread it appears that it is unique to Koningsdam right now, and therefore not useful to me yet. At $17.95/p/day I don't think I'm interested anyway! :)

We have a $100 Beverage Card as part of our reservation. Can that be used everywhere beverages are served, including the Main Dining Room (for wine by the glass)?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can the Beverage cards be used at Happy Hour and charged for the one beverage and $1 more for the second plus the 15%??? Just wondering.

Patrick

Can the Beverage cards be used at Happy Hour and charged for the one beverage and $1 more for the second plus the 15%??? Just wondering.

Patrick

Yes, the beverage card can be used for just about any drink. (Only exceptions I am aware of are at HMC and buying water when you are disembarking for ports - In those two places you need to sign to the room).