Internet Package on Cruise Planner

I just noticed on my Cruise Planner for an Oasis Sailing in October that I can pre-purchase unlimited internet packages for either 1 device or 2.

I don't recall seeing this as an option before. The are also offering the 2 device package as full price for 1 device and half off the second device price.

My question is there is an internet savings with your C&A status (I am a Platinum member) loaded on your Seapass card while onboard. If you have pre-purchased your internet package is there any way to apply the C&A internet savings to your shipboard account?

I just noticed on my Cruise Planner for an Oasis Sailing in October that I can pre-purchase unlimited internet packages for either 1 device or 2.

I don't recall seeing this as an option before. The are also offering the 2 device package as full price for 1 device and half off the second device price.

My question is there is an internet savings with your C&A status (I am a Platinum member) loaded on your Seapass card while onboard. If you have pre-purchased your internet package is there any way to apply the C&A internet savings to your shipboard account?

You have to wait and purchase onboard if you want your C&A discount.

I talked to C&A about this today and they told me it's so new they hadn't even thought about booking and not getting the discount. I suggested that they look into adding a place for the discount in the booking process. They told me to hold off and book on board.

Edited by rsail203
missing word

Thank you for the information and it makes sense. I think the ship will be the way to go:

Cruise Planner $27.00 (CND)(2 devices) a night = $189

Onboard $22.50 (US)(2 devices) a night = $157.50. Less 30% discount (2 Platinum C&A members) $47.25 = $110.25.

With the exchange from US to CDN total cost would be $135.05.

As far as it being expensive to be connected, I think it is well worth it to be able post a weeks worth of pictures from a fantastic cruise to make those back home jealous!! :D

Thank you for the information and it makes sense. I think the ship will be the way to go:

Cruise Planner $27.00 (CND)(2 devices) a night = $189

Onboard $22.50 (US)(2 devices) a night = $157.50. Less 30% discount (2 Platinum C&A members) $47.25 = $110.25.

With the exchange from US to CDN total cost would be $135.05.

As far as it being expensive to be connected, I think it is well worth it to be able post a weeks worth of pictures from a fantastic cruise to make those back home jealous!! :D

You cannot apply 2 coupons to the same package so your discount will be 15%.

No, with the new packages you can only apply one voucher to one package (and the package for two devices counts as one package). It´s automatically applied when you sign up for it online (onbord, not on the Cruise Planner).

steamboats

Edited by steamboats

Is there an onboard C&A discount for gold members and if so, does anyone know how much the discount is? Are the packages the only option now? Or can wifi be purchased by the hour or minute?

The internet options are being changed throughout the fleet. Royal is eliminating the per minute or per hour rates, and going to daily unlimited rates. The least you can buy is one day, and if you buy for the entire cruise, the per day price goes down. One device is $15 to $20 per day, two devices is $20 to $30 per day.

Is there an onboard C&A discount for gold members and if so, does anyone know how much the discount is? Are the packages the only option now? Or can wifi be purchased by the hour or minute?

Just off the Anthem and I got 10% off for being Gold.

The internet options are being changed throughout the fleet. Royal is eliminating the per minute or per hour rates, and going to daily unlimited rates. The least you can buy is one day, and if you buy for the entire cruise, the per day price goes down. One device is $15 to $20 per day, two devices is $20 to $30 per day.

Thanks. The cost online right now is $20 per day for one device on my sailing.

This is dumb then. They might as well pull it from the pre-cruise planner, otherwise Guest Services will get creamed b/c people will want their C&A discount applied.

It is frustrating as I would rather get the cost of internet paid now but since it will not give me my C&A discount I will do like I always do and start it on board. :(

Still no way to book in advance for the 7/31 Radiance. The "select" option shows on the first page, but I still get that message "search returned no results".

Oh well. I survived last year on HAL without internet for a week. I can do it again. (Though the parts of Alaska we visit shows coverage for Sprint, I didn't find that to be the case.)