New amenities added to our cruise and some can get them and some can't?

kazu

Also, I believe you mentioned your category is still available for booking?

If so, then your TA should be able to give you those perks without re-booking.

If not, start looking for a new TA :)

you are right - but that's a pretty sad statement, isn't it?

Oceania shouldn't make it this tough nor this unfair IMO.

I know I will get flamed for this - it's o.k, I have my fireproof suit on.

For those that aren't getting it, wonder if it can be transferred "as is" to another TA to maintain their pricing?

But should this all be necessary? BTW - this is the ONLY cruise where unlimited internet wasn't going to the PH's in the first place.

Edited by kazu

you are right - but that's a pretty sad statement, isn't it?

Oceania shouldn't make it this tough nor this unfair IMO.

I know I will get flamed for this - it's o.k, I have my fireproof suit on.

For those that aren't getting it, wonder if it can be transferred "as is" to another TA to maintain their pricing?

But should this all be necessary? BTW - this is the ONLY cruise where unlimited internet wasn't going to the PH's in the first place.

I had a booking issue (lower price) on my December cruise and did some quick research. I don't know your specifics, but Oceania issued a statement a while back regarding tranferring a booking and then re-booking. I don't have all the rules in front of me, but there it is likely the new TA can't get a commission (or a very small commission, I don't recall all the details). I'm sure you can find the press release to TAs on the Internet.

On a side note, my TA was able to rebook me from an inside to a small window cabin on Deck 6 (I think E category) for a $100 price reduction and I kept my free internet, tips and substanital ship credit, so I ended up even happier.

YMMV

John

To be fair, we are not sure whether it is Oceania or your TA that is to be blamed in this instance.

Not MY TA - I'm fine :) But you are right. We don't know who to blame except the TA's have stated they can't get it. How hard they have tried is an unknown I guess.

Edited by kazu

Let me get this straight. Some TA's have been able to get the OLife for existing bookings and some have not? We booked a PH for a July 2016 cruise in April of 2015. This cruise is now offering the OLife program at a substantial price point above what we paid for our cruise. Our TA contacted Oceania and asked about it and was told we would have to re-book and pay the additional cost. Of course, we told the TA we would not do that as we do not care about the ship's excursions and already have plenty of internet. But, the pre-paid gratuities would be nice. It just does not seem quite fair to exclude those who book over a year in advance.

Let me get this straight. Some TA's have been able to get the OLife for existing bookings and some have not? We booked a PH for a July 2016 cruise in April of 2015. This cruise is now offering the OLife program at a substantial price point above what we paid for our cruise. Our TA contacted Oceania and asked about it and was told we would have to re-book and pay the additional cost. Of course, we told the TA we would not do that as we do not care about the ship's excursions and already have plenty of internet. But, the pre-paid gratuities would be nice. It just does not seem quite fair to exclude those who book over a year in advance.

It's not the OLife package but a promotion that has been added. Otherwise, yes, you have it correct ;)

Apples and oranges.

With O Life promo, the cruise fares are higher to begin with, thus one must re-book at higher rates to get this particular promo.

With other promos (Last call) the fares are often the same, thus the promo can be added at no extra cost.

To be fair, we are not sure whether it is Oceania or your TA that is to be blamed in this instance.

kazu is right. I believe that my TA contacted O to ask about the extra perks - I have no reason to believe she is lying about that. If she asked them and they said no to her, obviously knowing that other TA's are getting the perks for their clients, then that's not right. They should be holding to a consistent policy.

You really can not get too hung up on this stuff. For the sake of a few hundred dollars worth of perks you will start off the cruiser feeling mad. It can only go down hill from there.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

Hypercafe you are exactly right with what you say. I am one of the people who has been denied the "last chance" perks. This is our first experience with Oceania - I am still hoping for a good one as I have heard so many positives from others.

Not mad, not hung up. Actually very much looking forward to the experience. Just curious about the application of policy by O and, as I mentioned in a previous post, wondering about the effectiveness of my TA.

Has anyone been able to get a credit instead of the O'Life promo?

The reminds me of the included overnight in a hotel a couple of years ago where most of us untook the option.

it would be nice if the excursion package was optional but does not sound like it is

Lyn

Not mad, not hung up. Actually very much looking forward to the experience. Just curious about the application of policy by O and, as I mentioned in a previous post, wondering about the effectiveness of my TA.

You didn't sound mad or hung up to me. :)

I am kind of a "principled" person and don't like inequities. I can understand why you are wondering and don't blame you a bit.

I wasn't trying to open up a can or worms with this thread I just hoped that seasoned O cruisers could shed some light, which they have done. Not what I wanted to hear of course, but better to ask and know than not ask at all.

The roll call for our cruise is here - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2057358 in case I can lure you to join us ;)

Edited by kazu

It is confusing. But we are on the TA in Nov & our agent did get the Last Chance perks even though our cabin is waitlisted.

well, it's good to see that someone on our roll call got it as well :)

Edited by kazu

It is confusing. But we are on the TA in Nov & our agent did get the Last Chance perks even though our cabin is waitlisted.

I think this indicates to me that the problem of not getting these perks added is a function of TA rather than Oceania.

However, I could be wrong - there could be other elements involved.

Edited by Paulchili

JACKHAWK - are you first time O cruisers or have you sailed with them before?

I'm still working on that theory.

JACKHAWK - are you first time O cruisers or have you sailed with them before?

I'm still working on that theory.

it should not matter

as I posted before

my friend & I were booked on the same cruise with the same TA

I got the added perks she did not .... because her cabin cat was not open

That was for a 2014 cruise so Oceania started the game long before now

Edited by LHT28

This is our first cruise on Oceania as well and we have been denied the "extra perks" by both our TA and Oceania. I sent an email to Oceania yesterday (via the comment form on their website). Within half an hour I received a reply with an answer that did not sit well with me. Another email back to them asked that my comments be escalated to a supervisor - which it was and today I received a phone call from a supervisor explaining why we could not get the unlimited internet and the OBC. I am trying to turn this first time experience on an Oceania cruise into a positive so I have to let this go. I certainly have appreciated reading through this thread and the comments that all of you have contributed to it.

I think this indicates to me that the problem of not getting these perks added is a function of TA rather than Oceania.

However, I could be wrong - there could be other elements involved.

as per gigianne's post further down, it is NOT a function of the TA. she spoke to O directly. Apparently my TA formed a group and this is the "reason" she (gigianne) was given by O.

This is our first cruise on Oceania!

our first cruise too on O.

What is so baffling is that free internet was offered on every cruise to anyone in PH and above (from what I could determine) before our cruise and after. Only our cruise seemed to be missing it. Now that it has finally been added some have it and some don't. end of story.

On the plus side, a supervisor from O did take the time to call gigianne. :)

Edited by kazu

Thanks for posting that gigianne.

At least now I know not to waste any time looking for an answer from O.

Let's just say the inner workings of the O office shall forever remain a mystery.

But we are going to have a great cruise!

Hypercafe you are exactly right with what you say. I am one of the people who has been denied the "last chance" perks. This is our first experience with Oceania - I am still hoping for a good one as I have heard so many positives from others.

You will have a great one. Oceania provides a very nice product.

This is our first cruise on Oceania as well and we have been denied the "extra perks" by both our TA and Oceania. I sent an email to Oceania yesterday (via the comment form on their website). Within half an hour I received a reply with an answer that did not sit well with me. Another email back to them asked that my comments be escalated to a supervisor - which it was and today I received a phone call from a supervisor explaining why we could not get the unlimited internet and the OBC. I am trying to turn this first time experience on an Oceania cruise into a positive so I have to let this go. I certainly have appreciated reading through this thread and the comments that all of you have contributed to it.

as per gigianne's post further down, it is NOT a function of the TA. she spoke to O directly. Apparently my TA formed a group and this is the "reason" she (gigianne) was given by O.

our first cruise too on O.

What is so baffling is that free internet was offered on every cruise to anyone in PH and above (from what I could determine) before our cruise and after. Only our cruise seemed to be missing it. Now that it has finally been added some have it and some don't. end of story.

On the plus side, a supervisor from O did take the time to call gigianne. :)

Perhaps we all could come to a better understanding of why if Gigianne would share a few more details with us as to the "why" they are being refused. Unless they've been asked not to.