New to NCL and Dining Dress Code

Hello, I'm new to NCL and taking a solo cruise in December on the Sky. What is the dress code for dining. I understand there are several options and wondering if they are more casuals than say the main dining room on RCCL.

Thanks in advance for your help!

You will see just about everything every evening. Some will be very dressed up but most are somewhere in-between. In the MDRs in the evening, I would suggest nice jeans/slacks and polo or button shirt for men but you will see people wearing shorts & t-shirts every evening. If you go to Le Bistro or Cagney's they will ask you to not wear shorts & flip-flops,etc.

You will see just about everything every evening. Some will be very dressed up but most are somewhere in-between. In the MDRs in the evening, I would suggest nice jeans/slacks and polo or button shirt for men but you will see people wearing shorts & t-shirts every evening. If you go to Le Bistro or Cagney's they will ask you to not wear shorts & flip-flops,etc.

Sky is shorts allowed in all restaurants.

Shorts are indeed allowed in Cagney's. If you check the link posted, it mentions Le Bistro and the aft dining room are the only ones that don't. This has also been our personal experience, as my husband wore nice shorts there 2 out of the 3 times we visited, as did many others we saw.

Shorts are indeed allowed in Cagney's. If you check the link posted, it mentions Le Bistro and the aft dining room are the only ones that don't. This has also been our personal experience, as my husband wore nice shorts there 2 out of the 3 times we visited, as did many others we saw.

There is a denotation that shorts are allowed in all dining venues on the Sky. It's a casual cruise

Would you provide a link to this Sky-specific dress code and where it is described as a casual cruise? Thanks!

Another forum member posted up the dailies from their recent cruise. Under dress code it says resort casual and shorts are good for all venues. Here is a link to those dailies

http://s483.photobucket.com/user/scuzzone/media/Freestyle%204_zpswnmsmoca.jpg.html

See also this recent forum posting

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=46245641

Edited by LMaxwell

There is a denotation that shorts are allowed in all dining venues on the Sky. It's a casual cruise

Yeah, I wasn't responding to the OP specifically about the Sky. I was responding to the post I quoted which said no shorts in Cagney's. Regardless of what ship, shorts can be worn in Cagney's.

I thought that by posting the quote to which I replied it would clarify any confusion about where my reply was directed. Next time I'll add an additional step to clarify even further.