No Dynamic Dining on Oasis Class

Thanks for the picture but I don't see anything "weird" about the decorations. Unless there is something I am missing?

The above picture is of the original MDR before they changed the MDR into 3 different venues (American Icon, Grande and Silk with the red and gold furniture)and removed the beautiful chandelier. In my opinion they did a weird job and it has all been useless now that there will be no more DD.

The above picture is of the original MDR before they changed the MDR into 3 different venues (American Icon, Grande and Silk with the red and gold furniture)and removed the beautiful chandelier. In my opinion they did a weird job and it has all been useless now that there will be no more DD.

Exactly. Total waste of time and money.

I wonder if they can get the chandelier back and perhaps tone down the décor. On other ships the three tiers have slightly different décor (albeit still within the theme of the overall dining room).

There is definitely something weird about eating Beef Wellington whilst sitting in the Silk themed Asian décor. :rolleyes:

Edited by little britain

Since these dining areas were restructured for the various dynamic dining restaurants - will they be converted back to what they were before?? Since venues were made to look like Grande, Silk, Chic, American Icon - etc. SO if sailing if you in Chic setting - you will be in Chic section for entire cruise - but ALL will have the same menu? Not understanding how this will work - would cost a lot to redo AGAIN - sounds like they put the cart before the horse,

We are very happy that DD is gone from RCI ships that were not designed for it. We have done DD on the Quantum in April...it was ok but too much pre-planning. I called it a "working cruise". We missed the traditional dining with other guests. We did not want to plan out every night. A cruise is to enjoy, not get stressed out. It is nice that there is a choice, if you want to experience DD just book a Quantum class ship or what ever Royal will build next. Maybe Royal should have addressed dining options/menus/food in the MDR rather than waste a lot of $$$$ redesigning older ships.

I am in the disappointed group - we enjoyed DD on Anthem. I don't want to eat at the same time every night so I guess it is my time dining for me. How does one reserve dining times with MTD and how does it all work?

You use the same Cruise Planner to reserve MTD as you did for DD. The difference will be you only choose the time with MTD, instead of the restaurant and time with DD.

I am in the disappointed group - we enjoyed DD on Anthem. I don't want to eat at the same time every night so I guess it is my time dining for me. How does one reserve dining times with MTD and how does it all work?

The good thing is you dont have to, at least there is still the my time dining, which is what i have always booked and only once entered the main dining room and never again, the food reminds me of cruise food 20 years ago, just awful, i dont ever care to know my waiters names im not there to form a relationship with them, i dont want to sit with a group of people i dont know either. At least with My time dining you can still sort of work it like dynamic which is what i have always done, if i didnt get to do it before i go on the ship, the first day i made all my reservations for the week, its not that hard never had a problem not getting a restaurant I wanted, people here whine about everything or just simply lazy and belong on holland america/cunard.

Since Royal is moving us from DD Choice to MTD.....will they make us pay upfront grats??

I could have sworn that there were reports of prepaid tips not being required anymore.

Bob....

When I went to my cruise and did a mock modification on one of my reservations to MTD....it changed the amont owed to include grats. I then changed it back and it took it off.

Of course the website still says it MUST be prepaid....I know that doesn't mean much. lol

Edited by Beachammo

Bob....

When I went to my cruise and did a mock modification on one of my reservations to MTD....it changed the amont owed to include grats. I then changed it back and it took it off.

Of course the website still says it MUST be prepaid....I know that doesn't mean much. lol

Thanks for the update. I still don't know if it's a change of policy, or a website glitch.

Regardless of whether this disappoints you or makes you happy, I believe this is a HUGE embarrassment on the part of Royal Caribbean. To go through such great lengths advertising and promoting this on their website, renaming/redecorating the dining rooms and getting "some" people hyped for it and then to cancel it on non-Quantum ships...seems like a disaster to me. A true embarrassment.

I was really hoping this would work itself out. It seems like they didn't put enough thought it in regarding the logistics before unveiling it. If it would've had a smoother unrolling, perhaps they could've implemented it.

I totally agree with you. The opinions were mixed before the debut and when it went less than smoothly the tide turned even more against it.

When I cruised on the Quantum this past Feb., we enjoyed DD because we had reservations in hand. The biggest problem was that many others did not and were turned away and highly disappointed--they wound up in the WJ. I have 2 Oasis booked and was looking forward to the DD classic and how they would accomplish the rotation. I'm surprised that RCL has not sent communications to those affected and had to read it here.

I have to assume that we will be placed in the early traditional dining time, as we had early classic time. However, can't take it for granted and will give RCL a call.

We are very happy that DD is gone from RCI ships that were not designed for it. We have done DD on the Quantum in April...it was ok but too much pre-planning. I called it a "working cruise". We missed the traditional dining with other guests. We did not want to plan out every night. A cruise is to enjoy, not get stressed out. It is nice that there is a choice, if you want to experience DD just book a Quantum class ship or what ever Royal will build next. Maybe Royal should have addressed dining options/menus/food in the MDR rather than waste a lot of $$$$ redesigning older ships.

Well said! I agree that cruises are meant to be restful and enjoyed instead of stressful. A few people I know have changed their minds and decided not to book a cruise on Harmony after learning about the DD .

I was quite relieved when I first read this as DD was the one thing that would have kept me from cruising with Royal. I much prefer the traditional setup and I don't think there's anything wrong with it. If it ain't broke don't fix it.;)

Well said! I agree that cruises are meant to be restful and enjoyed instead of stressful. A few people I know have changed their minds and decided not to book a cruise on Harmony after learning about the DD .

Yes, I think the trying to plan your meal time around entertainment times and then making reservations ahead of time etc. etc. was all too much, when cruising is supposed to be the simplest method of travel. We are happy, maybe some are not but now I know we have dining taken care of, we just have to show up to the same table at the same time.:D

Yes, I think the trying to plan your meal time around entertainment times and then making reservations ahead of time etc. etc. was all too much, when cruising is supposed to be the simplest method of travel. We are happy, maybe some are not but now I know we have dining taken care of, we just have to show up to the same table at the same time.:D

100 % agree :)

I still don't understand why Royal can't do both on a ship the size of Harmony??

Make the bottom floor traditional dining and the two upper floors Dynamic Dining.

Poof!! Solved!!

I think they need more than just two different restaurants to make it work. Quantum has 4 restaurants that are part of DD.